It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:56 pm 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
spg wrote:
Instead, I merely shared with him that God, or Jesus, or whoever, loved him and prayed that they forgive him.

How rude. Just leave Shulem alone, like he asked you to.
Quote:
Why would I do this?

Your rationale is irrelevant. Don't impose your beliefs on someone else. It's rude.


If he asked me to him alone, I missed it.

If praying for someone is imposing beliefs on them....., then you guys are in trouble.

But, you seem genuinely offended, something that shouldn't be done here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:08 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
Quote:
But, you seem genuinely offended, something that shouldn't be done here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: By someone who argued that it's a fact that the earth is flat? Not a chance. I'm just here to support my friend Shulem.

SPG wrote:

If he asked me to him alone, I missed it.

:rolleyes:
Shulem, telling spg to {sic} him alone, wrote:
Let me give you a little advice. Don't go around citing the Father forgives those who know not what they do. You've taken that completely out of context and abused your Savior's teaching. You see, according to Joseph Smith, that forgiveness was meant for the Roman soldiers who crucified Christ, supposedly being ignorant, following orders, and in a sense being victims of circumstances they had to play that role. So Christ asked his Father to forgive them. He wasn't pleading forgiveness for the Jews who condemned him. They were unrepentant and therefore unforgiven.

As for me? I have no interest in imaginary Jesus or his bloody atonement. I have no interest in the bible god whatsoever. I don't repent or report to bible god in any way. This means I'm an unrepentant sinner and the Father isn't about to forgive me just because YOU spout off and call him to do so! Who the ____ are you to tell God to forgive me? Who the ____ made YOU Jesus Christ?

You arrogant asshole! ____ you!

If you really wanted to be like Christ and practice what you preach you might have said something like: I feel sorry for any pain you have and I forgive you for your offending my religion and consider you just as important as me in the eyes of God.


There. See how easy it is to be a real Christian?

Jesus H Christ. You're a ____ piece of work.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:30 pm 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
Quote:
But, you seem genuinely offended, something that shouldn't be done here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: By someone who argued that it's a fact that the earth is flat? Not a chance. I'm just here to support my friend Shulem.

SPG wrote:

If he asked me to him alone, I missed it.

:rolleyes:
Shulem, telling spg to {sic} him alone, wrote:
Let me give you a little advice. Don't go around citing the Father forgives those who know not what they do. You've taken that completely out of context and abused your Savior's teaching. You see, according to Joseph Smith, that forgiveness was meant for the Roman soldiers who crucified Christ, supposedly being ignorant, following orders, and in a sense being victims of circumstances they had to play that role. So Christ asked his Father to forgive them. He wasn't pleading forgiveness for the Jews who condemned him. They were unrepentant and therefore unforgiven.

As for me? I have no interest in imaginary Jesus or his bloody atonement. I have no interest in the bible god whatsoever. I don't repent or report to bible god in any way. This means I'm an unrepentant sinner and the Father isn't about to forgive me just because YOU spout off and call him to do so! Who the ____ are you to tell God to forgive me? Who the ____ made YOU Jesus Christ?

You arrogant asshole! ____ you!

If you really wanted to be like Christ and practice what you preach you might have said something like: I feel sorry for any pain you have and I forgive you for your offending my religion and consider you just as important as me in the eyes of God.


There. See how easy it is to be a real Christian?

Jesus H Christ. You're a ____ piece of work.


He gave me an "up yours." I guess polite people would have taken that as a leave me "alone."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:54 pm 
Son of Perdition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm
Posts: 9786
Location: Hell
Quote:
I added context.


No, you usurped the dignity of crucified Jesus by stealing words out of his mouth in a foolish attempt to make yourself look good.

As I said, you're arrogant and have no business citing Jesus' lamentation on the cross. I'm not a Roman soldier. You are not Jesus. How dare you as a Mormon mock his lamentation between him and his Father over a message board argument here on Mormon Discussions. You are ____ pathetic!

So, shut the ____ up. ____ you!

:evil:

_________________
THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3

Includes a startling new discovery!

An original and authentic look at Facsimile No. 3 as never seen before.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:56 pm 
Son of Perdition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm
Posts: 9786
Location: Hell
Lemmie wrote:
Not that Shulem needs my help, but...


God bless you too!

:lol:

_________________
THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM FACSIMILE NO. 3

Includes a startling new discovery!

An original and authentic look at Facsimile No. 3 as never seen before.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:45 pm 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Shulem wrote:
No, you usurped the dignity of crucified Jesus by stealing words out of his mouth in a foolish attempt to make yourself look good.

As I said, you're arrogant and have no business citing Jesus' lamentation on the cross. I'm not a Roman soldier. You are not Jesus. How dare you as a Mormon mock his lamentation between him and his Father over a message board argument here on Mormon Discussions. You are ____ pathetic!

So, shut the ____ up. ____ you!

:evil:


I dare a lot of stuff.

You are really dressing me down for invoking the "forgive them father" bit given your opening post? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh come, Shulem, you have to think that is funny. How dare I mock his lamentation, by calling you to repentance and invoking the father's forgiveness for your colorful blasphemy? Seriously, I was just trying to establish some rapport, talk your language, get to know you. You blasphemy a little, I blasphemy a little, you know, so we can be friends?!

Well, call me what you want, but words reflect the nature of the speaker more then the one spoken too.

I'll be here. :smile:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
Shulem wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
Not that Shulem needs my help, but...

God bless you too!

:lol:

My pleasure! :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 4227
Location: Oregon
Lemmie wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: By someone who argued that it's a fact that the earth is flat? Not a chance.
[/quote]


Image

_________________
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
cwald wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: By someone who argued that it's a fact that the earth is flat? Not a chance.



Image

:lol:

Let me explain...
spg, on p 1 of this thread, wrote:
Yes, facts are illusions....

A famous and popular fact. The Earth is round. But, the gravity the that shapes the earth is flat basically everywhere on the surface. So, the earth is flat or round, based on your point of reference. The magnetic field is kind of doughnut shaped. And even what we call round is more oval. And what is round in a 2 dimensional holoflax universe (based on government report?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:01 am 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
Let me explain...

spg on p 1 of this thread, wrote:
Yes, facts are illusions....


Quote:
A famous and popular fact. The Earth is round. But, the gravity the that shapes the earth is flat basically everywhere on the surface. So, the earth is flat or round, based on your point of reference. The magnetic field is kind of doughnut shaped. And even what we call round is more oval. And what is round in a 2 dimensional holoflux universe (based on government report?)


You can mock me, but you can't prove me wrong. Which is probably why this is a issue. Perspective is reality. With some of the new theories of how space works, the world probably isn't round. But, I concede the most functional description of the earth at this time is that it's round. However, to accept that is the final result, I think is short sighted.

Once, a thousands years ago, flat earth was a fact. Perspective changed that. It was a fact that the Sun went around the Earth.

Facts are illusions, because they are not what they claim to be. They cannot be the "actual truth" because we cannot know the actual truth anymore then we could 1000 years ago. Facts are just consensus, either by applied method (such as math or science) or common opinion. Both can be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:02 am 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
Quote:
Once, a thousands years ago, flat earth was a fact. Perspective changed that.

No, and no.
Quote:
It was a fact that the Sun went around the Earth.
Again, no.
Quote:
Facts are illusions, because they are not what they claim to be.

Still no.
Quote:

Facts are just consensus, either by applied method (such as math or science) or common opinion.

And again, still no.

Quote:
You can mock me, but you can't prove me wrong. Which is probably why this is a issue.

It's only an issue for you.
Quote:
Perspective is reality.

No.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 am 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
Quote:
Once, a thousands years ago, flat earth was a fact. Perspective changed that.

No, and no.

Quote:
It was a fact that the Sun went around the Earth.

Again, no.

Quote:
Facts are illusions, because they are not what they claim to be.

Still no.

Quote:
Facts are just consensus, either by applied method (such as math or science) or common opinion.

And again, still no.

Quote:
You can mock me, but you can't prove me wrong. Which is probably why this is a issue.

It's only an issue for you.

Quote:
Perspective is reality.

No.

I sense a personal opinion here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 am 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
Spg, you posted this on another thread.

Quote:
It's my own inability to manage actual trauma. Sort of has me on places like this BSing with people.


If this explains why you are arguing things like it used to be a fact that the earth was flat and that the sun went around the earth, then I sympathize. Just posting BS may distract you for a bit, but people here will converse with you about serious issues if that's what you need. Jersey Girl's a great resource for stuff like that.

Best of luck to you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:59 am 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
Spg, you posted this on another thread.

Quote:
It's my own inability to manage actual trauma. Sort of has me on places like this BSing with people.


If this explains why you are arguing things like it used to be a fact that the earth was flat and that the sun went around the earth, then I sympathize. Just posting BS may distract you for a bit, but people here will converse with you about serious issues if that's what you need. Jersey Girl's a great resource for stuff like that.

Best of luck to you.

Just because I was traumatized doesn't mean that I don't have a valid opinion here. My point is I think it is very valid, is that people in different ages and places in the world consider different facts about the same subject. I think it is safe to impose that precedent on modern America. Just because we call it a fact doesn't mean that it's true.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 am 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
spg wrote:
Just because we call it a fact doesn't mean that it's true.



Quote:
fact

/fakt/

noun

noun: fact; plural noun: facts

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... EeqBOtlAls


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:28 am 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
spg wrote:
Just because we call it a fact doesn't mean that it's true.

Quote:
fact

/fakt/

noun

noun: fact; plural noun: facts

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... EeqBOtlAls

Just because you define the definition of fact as truth. . . . doesn't make it true for everyone. Want to go again? This is fun.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:52 am 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8542
SPG wrote:
Want to go again?
This is fun.

No, it's not. It's sad. You said you are here because of "...my own inability to manage actual trauma. Sort of has me on places like this BSing with people."

Like I said, people here will talk to you about serious issues. Jersey Girl's a great resource for stuff like that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 am 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
Lemmie wrote:
SPG wrote:
Want to go again?
This is fun.

No, it's not. It's sad. You said you are here because of "...my own inability to manage actual trauma. Sort of has me on places like this BSing with people."

Like I said, people here will talk to you about serious issues. Jersey Girl's a great resource for stuff like that.

I'm having fun.

I said "sort of" and that shouldn't imply I'm just here making mean. The whole " it says in the scriptures so you must comply" thing doesn't float with me.

We can talk about true or what actually is, but we can't really understand it. Facts are fantasies mixed with arrogance and ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:33 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 4227
Location: Oregon
What a colossal waste of time.

_________________
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:09 pm 
Stake High Council
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 527
cwald wrote:
What a colossal waste of time.

If you have more important things to do.... I suppose. I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From ''CNN Article On Mormon Name Change''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 4227
Location: Oregon
Image

_________________
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group