It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: effects of a Mormon on a non-mo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:32 pm 
Nursery

I recently split up with a Mormon man back in mid-December. we have dated long distance for about 3 years but known each other for 9 years. He asked me to marry him 2 years ago and I declined, but only because that I felt it was too soon as I had only seen him twice in real life. Back in December we had a tiff and I told him "no man would ever tell me what to do"...well, he decided that I am not the wife for him. He now wants a Mormon wife. The way he broke it off was totally wrong, not face to face or on the phone. He did it in an online game room. I hate this stupid religion as it has cost me and him from ever being together. When I see a picture of a temple all I can say is "that whore on the hill cost me" and it did...however it cost him a lot more....

Post subject: Re: effects of a Mormon on a non-mo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am 
God

You dodged a bullet. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm 
Nursery

Maksutov wrote:
You dodged a bullet. :wink:

Funny...so many people have said the same thing...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:17 pm 
Founder & Visionary

WhiteHorse52 wrote:
I hate this stupid religion as it has cost me and him from ever being together.

Maybe it's not the religion that's to blame. . . maybe it's the guy himself.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:17 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
WhiteHorse52 wrote:
I hate this stupid religion as it has cost me and him from ever being together.

Maybe it's not the religion that's to blame. . . maybe it's the guy himself.

She's obviously here looking for help. It's the religion she has an issue with, more specifically the way relationships between men and women are defined within the religion.

It's certainly possible to find a Mormon man who will treat a woman as an equal, but my advice is to go in with open eyes. If the religion makes the discrimination doctrinal, what's the appeal? There are so many guys who have moved past that. Some are still inside the church, but you really have to ask yourself why and how a relationship like that would work. In my opinion, the doctrinal discrimination built into the religion makes it a no brainer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:48 am 
God

Mormons are conditioned from a very early age to believe that the men are in charge, that a woman's place in the home making babies, and that "a good feeling" is a great way to make life decisions. If you ever find a man who treats his spouse as an equal, and means it, then you've find an apostate.

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 am 
God

I have a question wrote:
Mormons are conditioned from a very early age to believe that the men are in charge, that a woman's place in the home making babies, and that "a good feeling" is a great way to make life decisions. If you ever find a man who treats his spouse as an equal, and means it, then you've find an apostate.

AMEN.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:34 am 
God

The Bible says (to coin a phrase) Do not be unequally yoked! This is a warning that many people seem to ignore for what they call "LOVE". Sorry to say, but it causes problems and generally a lack of parental guidance and support or arguments over how the children should be raised. It is always best to find someone of a similar train of thought and that is what dating should expose instead of sexual prowess that should be left for the marriage bed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm 
Nursery

I agree we are unequally yoked, however, I was open to be converted as a Mormon and he knew this. We are an older couple so no children are involved. And, no sex ever between us. He turned on me very very quickly which is what I found so shocking. I'm beginning to see it was for my best interest.