It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: From ''transformed archaeology in Mexico''
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Quote:
I'm trying to correct misstatements (like IHAQ's post was split off in a matter of minutes).

Well excuse me, Dear Mod. :rolleyes: I notice that the 3,000 minutes was the time between IHAQ posting and the move. Wouldn't it be a more appropriate "correction of a misstatement" to note the minutes between when it was reported and when it was moved? :rolleyes:

Much more to the point, I notice that you did NOT address the actual concern I was voicing, that my reports on mentalgymnast's tobin-esque personal attacks on me went unaddressed for a week. Please note, that is in excess of 10,000 MINUTES. Not only that, mentalgymnast's personal attacks on me are still in Terrestrial, in a thread titled "discussions from..."

Could you address THAT issue?

The mod log doesn't track when a report was received. To avoid clutter, reports are deleted after they are acted on. I didn't see a report on IHAQ's post, so I don't have the information to answer your question.

I'm trying to address those of your questions that I can. I believe I found the two posts you are referring to. The posts, and I'm assuming your reports, were made before I was a moderator. I don't recall seeing your reports when I came on board, so I'm assuming they were acted on and deleted before I came on board. I'm not trying to duck any of your questions. I'm simply trying to stick with what I know or can find out by looking at documentation. I can't explain someone else's thinking process when I wasn't part of the process.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:15 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
You have not "reined him in," he is just biding his time until his next sadistic round.

That was an awesome vent.

And you speak the truth. People, if they're sincere, generally morph over time in the pursuit of understanding things differently. Even if their basic character is the same you're going to see a shift in perspective when certain arguments are presented. Water Dog is one that comes to mind. He's a certain way, but you can see he's open to facts, even if he's debating a topic passionately.

What trolls don't do is change. Ever. You see this with a handful of posters, and I think you've nailed it. They feel disempowered in their real lives so they use the forum as a way to gain that sense of power back by simply being subversive. It's one thing to be a contrarian, and it's another to be a contrarian doing the same contrarian things in the same contrarian way for 10 years.

I do have to say I appreciate Dr. Shades' effort to prevent the place from becoming an echo chamber. The Terrestrial forum is only dominated by skeptics because he refuses to over moderate in order to make the place more attractive to the sensitive souls who otherwise can't handle being challenged. It's tricky because if you 'under moderate' Mormons will go to their protected areas so they can reassure one another of their beliefs, but if you 'over moderate' then you have the MAD board and that just serves their purpose to remain protected from opinions that forces them to deal with fact. Plus, they don't like it when they act like dick holes and people respond in kind. It really ramps up their victim complex routine...

I don't know. The fact that this discussion can even happen on a message board seems pretty unique to me. Most mods I've seen on other forums and on Reddit are just raging assholes who love their little bit of censoring power. They completely ____ ing flip out if you call them out on anything or don't bend to their whims, and you usually end up banned. Once again I'm amazed at MormonDiscussions.com mods' forbearance to be as even-handed as possible within the mission of this board.

- Doc

i think you've really hit on the strengths of this board, Doc. I personally think Shades' approach to moderation is pretty ingenious. The beauty of the system is that it almost completely avoids censorship. Yes, you can say that here -- you just have to say it in the appropriate section of the forum. People's posts don't disappear -- they're just moved. In contrast, most boards make heavy use of locking threads, deleting threads and posts, and permabans. For as long as this board's been around and the number of posts, there has been a remarkably few people permabanned. That's a pretty amazing accomplishment.

I think the system would work better if more folks used it as intended. Almost all topics are started in Terrestrial and Paradise. I think lots of folks start topics that fit better in Celestial than Terrestrial. I know there is some perception that visibility is greater in Terrestrial, but I suspect if people made an effort to start appropriate topics in Celestial, readers would follow. And moderation would be consistently tighter there.

And the other hand, if you want to start a pie fight, start it in Telestial or Prison. Now that FAQs isn't dominating prison anymore, it's actually a nice place to have a brawl with cussing and everything. Instead, everything's in Terrestrial, which, in my opinion, has resulted in looser rule enforcement. Maybe I'll just move in and occupy the lower kingdoms. Lot's of room down there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Thank you, my friends Jersey Girl and Doc Cam. I appreciate your understanding and acceptance so very, very much. And Shulem, I count you in there as well! Encouraging me to let out all those swear words is a healthy, healthy thing, even if it makes me a pain in Dr. Shades' ass--whom I also love dearly, in my own special, "bitchy" way (as new mod Res Ipsa puts it :lol: :lol: :lol:).

Seriously, though, my connections here mean the world to me. You have introduced me to a world I didn't dare hope existed, and you have encouraged me and motivated me and saved me. Thank you all.

Yes indeed, a healthy dose of venting does wonders. Sometimes we need to let it all hang out and just say it like we feel and let it ride.

Swearing can be a good thing at times and is therapeutic.

____!

Bitch!

Whore!

Dick!

____!

I swear, the church has done more harm than it ever did good. It's a mind bending and guilt inducing cult.

____ the Mormon church and ____ the temple and all its Masonic ____!

Hey, my new name is MICHAEL!

PS. Shades, I've not been drinking. Just woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep -- that's why it's so late as I post.

And ____ you, Dan Peterson. Your church is a piece of ____ for all the harm it has done against gays and their basic right to marry the persons they love! You ____ selfrighteous Mormons!

PS. Dan, go clean the ____ toilets in the chapel.

Post subject: Re: Moderator Issues
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Well, I talked about your "bitching" because it was something going on right in front of me. If I make a comment about you or anyone else, I'm not going recite a list of past misdoings by other folks. I think it's reasonable to address a situation in front of me without having to also discuss stuff months in the past.
Who asked you to do otherwise? I was just pointing out comments went on right in front of me, that no mod ever defined as "bitching." History matters, when you are evaluating context.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Is your evaluation of MG the one and only absolute truth, or is there some room for reasonable minds to disagree?
:rolleyes: Is YOUR evaluation of MG the one and only absolute truth, or is there some room for reasonable minds to disagree?

Good grief, Res Ipsa, what a stupid question. Yes, when I voice MY OPINION, i am quite aware that it is MY OPINION.
Res Ipsa wrote:
In general, the mods don't discuss posts they have a problem with in public. They generally discuss that stuff among themselves. The only reason we are discussing IHAQ's post is that he asked about it. Otherwise, the thread gets split and life goes on. I did another similar split on Monday in a different thread. I didn't publicly call out the "offender" or castigate him publicly about what he said. And I'm not going to, either. Not now and not in three months or six months. Telestial derail in a Terrestrial thread. Split, relocated to the proper section of the forum, done.

Done, except when you publicly call ME bitchy in the course of answering ihaq's question. :rolleyes:

I know you apologized for that, thank you. But as long as you keep bringing up how you don't discuss issues in public, I will keep pointing out that you do.

Res Ipsa wrote:
I'm very happy you found a home here, Lemmie. And I'm sorry it's been as frustrating for you as it has.
What a bitchy thing to say.

Last edited by Lemmie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:43 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
You are welcome, Lemmie. When I go back East even today, if the topic of religion comes up (sometimes it does) and Mormons are mentioned. I know without question that the folks I interact with don't understand what the church is about. I tend to say very little because there is no possible way that I can convey all that I have learned and gathered over the 18 years that I've been on these boards.

[SNIP!]

Yeah, I can identify with your story. And Lemmie, I can identify with your strength.

I feel for you, Jersey Girl, what a rough time. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being strong here. "Who would take care of my children?" I know exactly how you felt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
The mod log doesn't track when a report was received.

An online log that doesn't date when an online complaint was logged in? How bizarre.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
Thank you, my friends Jersey Girl and Doc Cam. I appreciate your understanding and acceptance so very, very much. And Shulem, I count you in there as well! Encouraging me to let out all those swear words is a healthy, healthy thing, even if it makes me a pain in Dr. Shades' ass--whom I also love dearly, in my own special, "bitchy" way (as new mod Res Ipsa puts it :lol: :lol: :lol:).

Seriously, though, my connections here mean the world to me. You have introduced me to a world I didn't dare hope existed, and you have encouraged me and motivated me and saved me. Thank you all.

Yes indeed, a healthy dose of venting does wonders. Sometimes we need to let it all hang out and just say it like we feel and let it ride.

Swearing can be a good thing at times and is therapeutic.

____!

Bitch!

Whore!

Dick!

____!

I swear, the church has done more harm than it ever did good. It's a mind bending and guilt inducing cult.

____ the Mormon church and ____ the temple and all its Masonic ____!

Hey, my new name is MICHAEL!

PS. Shades, I've not been drinking. Just woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep -- that's why it's so late as I post.

And ____ you, Dan Peterson. Your church is a piece of ____ for all the harm it has done against gays and their basic right to marry the persons they love! You ____ selfrighteous Mormons!

PS. Dan, go clean the ____ toilets in the chapel.

:lol: :lol: Go, Shulem! :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Paul. You are a breath of fresh air. Hope all is well with you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Well, I talked about your "bitching" because it was something going on right in front of me. If I make a comment about you or anyone else, I'm not going recite a list of past misdoings by other folks. I think it's reasonable to address a situation in front of me without having to also discuss stuff months in the past.

Who asked you to do otherwise? I was just pointing out comments went on right in front of me, that no mod ever defined as "bitching." History matters, when you are evaluating context.

You did, Lemmie. Repeatedly. In this very thread. Every time you respond to a comment I make about something happening right here and you respond with something along the lines of "oh yeah, why aren't you talking about stuff that happened months or years ago." That's not context for history. That's a non-sequitur.

Lemmie wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Is your evaluation of MG the one and only absolute truth, or is there some room for reasonable minds to disagree?

:rolleyes: Is YOUR evaluation of MG the one and only absolute truth, or is there some room for reasonable minds to disagree?

Good grief, Res Ipsa, what a stupid question. Yes, when I voice MY OPINION, i am quite aware that it is MY OPINION.

Thanks for clarifying. i was wondering because of your characterizing people who may not share your opinion as "stupid."

Lemmie wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
In general, the mods don't discuss posts they have a problem with in public. They generally discuss that stuff among themselves. The only reason we are discussing IHAQ's post is that he asked about it. Otherwise, the thread gets split and life goes on. I did another similar split on Monday in a different thread. I didn't publicly call out the "offender" or castigate him publicly about what he said. And I'm not going to, either. Not now and not in three months or six months. Telestial derail in a Terrestrial thread. Split, relocated to the proper section of the forum, done.

Done, except when you publicly call ME bitchy in the course of answering ihaq's question. :rolleyes:

Except we both know that I never called you "bitchy." :rolleyes: We both know that I referred to the act of complaining as "bitching." But, hey, what's a little twisting words among friends. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lemmie wrote:
I know you apologized for that, thank you. But as long as you keep bringing up how you don't discuss issues in public, I will keep pointing out that you do.

I do appreciate the heads up that you intend to troll me in the future with something I never actually said. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of ironic in a discussion about trolling, don't you think?

Quote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
I'm very happy you found a home here, Lemmie. And I'm sorry it's been as frustrating for you as it has.

And there you go..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Except we both know that I never called you "bitchy." :rolleyes: We both know that I referred to the act of complaining as "bitching." But, hey, what's a little twisting words among friends. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you make a good point. For example, above you said I was "characterizing people who may not share your opinion as "stupid," " when we both know I did nothing of the sort, I called the question stupid. :rolleyes: But hey, what's a little word twisting among friends. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quote:
I do appreciate the heads up that you intend to troll me in the future with something I never actually said. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of ironic in a discussion about trolling, don't you think?

Now that I understand how you parse words, I have no intention of being anything other than accurate when addressing you. I will definitely make sure I don't refer to the noun form of your words when you use them as an adjective. We don't want someone to think that you saying I was "bitching" in a post is just another way of you saying I was "being bitchy" in a post.

Also, please be careful to call my posts "trolling" only when we are down here in Telestial. I hear name-calling like that is a personal attack up in Terrestrial.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Quote:

Was I not clear? I thought your condescension made the statement a bitchy thing to say. I never said it was frustrating for me to find a home on this board.

Res Ipsa wrote:
That's not context for history. That's a non-sequitur.

Absolutely incorrect. It establishes a pattern of mod behavior that can be used to make future choices. For example, I am far less likely to report a post by mg that i think needs reporting, because, on the basis of his previous unmoderated behavior, how my last two reports were treated and how ihaq's post was treated, I am not confident that mods will use the same standards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Lemmie wrote:
An online log that doesn't date when an online complaint was logged in? How bizarre.

To clarify, there's a difference between the "Moderator action log" and the list of reports. The list of reports shows when a report was submitted, but the moderator action log only shows which moderator did what action and when (and not why).

So, two different things. Sorry for any confusion.

--Runtu, 06-29-2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

To clarify, there's a difference between the "Moderator action log" and the list of reports. The list of reports shows when a report was submitted, but the moderator action log only shows which moderator did what action and when (and not why).

What mod action log? I don't recall one. Are you talking about the mod forum itself? A thread made there for the purpose of tracking mod actions?

Sorry, I saw this and got curious.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:35 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Jersey Girl wrote:
What mod action log? I don't recall one. Are you talking about the mod forum itself? A thread made there for the purpose of tracking mod actions?

No, I'm not talking about the Moderator Forum. If you recall when you were a moderator, near the upper-right of every page was a link called "moderator control panel." You'd get the thread or forum displayed, then a list of links at the left for the various moderator actions, like "Posts awaiting approval" and "Reported posts." Well, a few links down from those was one called "Moderator action log." Clicking on that would display a chronological list, newest first, of who performed what action to which post in which thread.

--Runtu, 06-29-2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 pm 
God

I don't recall that at all. :eek:

Well it's been a while...

Thanks for the description!

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:48 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

No problem, thank you for explaining.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:53 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

Lemmie wrote:
you make a good point. For example, above you said I was "characterizing people who may not share your opinion as "stupid," " when we both know I did nothing of the sort, I called the question stupid. :rolleyes: But hey, what's a little word twisting among friends. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry, I guess it was someone else who said to me:

Lemmie wrote:
OMG. "bitch away." You really are that stupid.
[emphasis added] I guess it was my mistake for thinking you were calling me stupid. :rolleyes: And, although you now claim you were referring to a question, you didn't post that in response to a question I asked. So, no, I didn't twist your words at all.

Quote:

Lemmie wrote:
Now that I understand how you parse words, I have no intention of being anything other than accurate when addressing you. I will definitely make sure I don't refer to the noun form of your words when you use them as an adjective. We don't want someone to think that you saying I was "bitching" in a post is just another way of you saying I was "being bitchy" in a post.

Also, please be careful to call my posts "trolling" only when we are down here in Telestial. I hear name-calling like that is a personal attack up in Terrestrial.

If the accusation is that I think words matter, I plead guilty. "Bitching" as I used it is synonymous with "complaining" or "griping." It's an activity. We all do it from time to time. Here's what my computer pops up with as a definition for usage as a verb:

Quote:
6. US, Slang
to complain

Used as a noun or adjective, the meaning is substantially different:

Quote:
3. Slang
a woman regarded as malicious, bad-tempered, or aggressive

It's very clear from the context in which I used the term that I meant you and IHAQ were complaining, not that you were women regarded as malicious, bad-tempered or aggressive. You turned that into a claim that I said you were malicious, bad-tempered or aggressive. I think that is fairly described as "twisting" my words.

And I think the difference is important in terms of moderation. In general, describing what someone is doing is a comment on an action. That's not necessarily an attack on a person. In contrast, using an adjective or noun to refer to a person is generally more likely to constitute a personal attack. Let's use troll as an example. Say poster A is clearly trolling poster B. Poster C says, "Don't take him seriously. He's just trolling you." That's a comment that goes to what a person is doing as opposed to the the person himself. In contrast, Poster D says "Ignore Poster A. He's a malicious troll." That's a comment directed to the person and, IMO, would be fairly characterized as a personal attack. In trying to draw a sensible line between "personal attack" and "not personal attack," I think whether the remark was directed toward something the poster has said as distinguished from some characteristic of the poster herself is an important consideration. Now, that may be fairly characterized as word parsing, but I don't think we can avoid such parsing when trying to distinguish comments that are personal attacks from those that are not.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Quote:

Lemmie wrote:
Was I not clear? I thought your condescension made the statement a bitchy thing to say. I never said it was frustrating for me to find a home on this board.

No, apparently it was I who was not clear. I read your story of finding this board. I was touched by it. I wanted to let you know I was happy that you've found a "home" here -- finally finding a community you could relate to. I identify with that because, when I left, there was no internet. I remember the feeling of isolation. It was ____ awful. So, I'm happy you're here.

And I can see how frustrating the entire situation with MG has been for you. If I recall correctly, you've said the situation has been going on since you got here. And I genuinely feel sorry that, at the same time you found this community that means something important to you, you've also had to deal with this ongoing source of frustration. I'm very, very sorry that I came off sounding condescending.

Res Ipsa wrote:
That's not context for history. That's a non-sequitur.

Absolutely incorrect. It establishes a pattern of mod behavior that can be used to make future choices. For example, I am far less likely to report a post by mg that i think needs reporting, because, on the basis of his previous unmoderated behavior, how my last two reports were treated and how ihaq's post was treated, I am not confident that mods will use the same standards.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Sorry, I saw this and got curious.

It's actually a great learning tool. I can look at it daily and see the mod actions that Shades and EAllusion have taken. There will be a link to the thread so I can see the result. They can also see any actions I've taken, and spank me when appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
I love this community. I spent decades completely on my own here on the East Coast, with not a single family member out of my HUGE Mormon family willing to talk to the "black sheep," with the added ignominy of having my ex's non-LDS family hate me because they thought I embodied the religion that stole their convert son. The only people I knew out here were LDS because that is what I was when I first got here with my soon to be ex, and not one single one of them ever spoke to me again after we split up (because of course I was the evil one leaving the church), except to try to "re-activate" me, years later. My ex moved back to Utah and I was left here, an extremely inexperienced twenty-something, alone with a child, a family who disowned me because I wasn't Mormon, and in-laws who disowned me because they thought I was. I was in graduate school at Columbia, had NO MONEY whatsoever, and even had my ex-MIL sue me to try to get money out of me for her son. (the judge laughed that one out of court, but I still had to pay thousands to a lawyer to represent me.) I never knew about all the exmo stuff online because every second of my time back then was spent teaching, surviving, and moving past my Mormon heritage, psychological damage and all.

This is the first time I've had the opportunity to read your story, Lemmie. Have you posted it before? Thank you for sharing this. Being a divorced single Mom myself, I appreciate what you have gone through, and admire how well you have done for yourself.

This board really is a community. It means a lot to me as well. I have watched it evolve, as Jersey Girl has, from the very beginning, when Shades first came up with its initial concept. I sincerely appreciate all of those who have volunteered their time to contribute to the board's success.

I think that we are all hoping to achieve the same goal. It is refreshing to be able to discuss these things openly.

I don't know if MG is still reading this thread, but if he is, I would like to address a question to him.

MG, how do you feel about MormonDiscussions.com? Do you understand that this board is more than a discussion board to those of us who participate here? It is a community--an online family. Sometimes, it's a dysfunctional family, like all families can tend to be, but a family nonetheless. LOL

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:05 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

Oh, sorry, I guess it was someone else who said to me:

Lemmie wrote:
OMG. "bitch away." You really are that stupid.
[emphasis added] I guess it was my mistake for thinking you were calling me stupid. :rolleyes: And, although you now claim you were referring to a question, you didn't post that in response to a question I asked. So, no, I didn't twist your words at all.

I claim? Look at your own post:
Quote:

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. i was wondering because of your characterizing people who may not share your opinion as "stupid."
That's what i was responding to when i said:
Quote:
you make a good point. For example, above you said I was "characterizing people who may not share your opinion as "stupid," " when we both know I did nothing of the sort, I called the question stupid. :rolleyes:
see the 'above' I bolded? I thought it was clear what I was referring to. Clearly it wasn't since you responded by implying I'm lying.

But yes, thank you for the correction, I did indeed ask you if you really are that stupid. So yes, not only are you twisting my words but you are adding implying I'm a liar to announcing in your mod explanation that I was bitching. Keep it up, dear mod, you haven't nearly used up all the insults that are allowed here in Telestial. :lol: :lol:

Res Ipsa wrote:
If the accusation is that I think words matter, I plead guilty. "Bitching" as I used it is synonymous with "complaining" or "griping." It's an activity. We all do it from time to time. Here's what my computer pops up with as a definition for usage as a verb:

Quote:
6. US, Slang
to complain

Used as a noun or adjective, the meaning is substantially different:

Quote:
3. Slang
a woman regarded as malicious, bad-tempered, or aggressive

It's very clear from the context in which I used the term that I meant you and IHAQ were complaining, not that you were women regarded as malicious, bad-tempered or aggressive. You turned that into a claim that I said you were malicious, bad-tempered or aggressive. I think that is fairly described as "twisting" my words.

We disagree again, surprise surprise. No, I do NOT consider "bitching" to simply be synonymous with "complaining" or "griping." That is a term that is fine to use when you are here online anonymously fighting with someone, but it is a term that is NEVER considered to be as innocuous as you seem to think it is.

So please, go right on using slang that is interpreted as offensive and be sure to explain to everyone who interprets it as such that THEY are twisting your words. :rolleyes:

Res Ipsa wrote:
And I think the difference is important in terms of moderation. < another lecture from Res Ipsa SNIPPED>

Sorry, dude, I couldn't even read that. It really is getting difficult to get through your omnipresent "theoretical" lectures.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Quote:

Lemmie wrote:

No, apparently it was I who was not clear. I read your story of finding this board. I was touched by it. I wanted to let you know I was happy that you've found a "home" here -- finally finding a community you could relate to. I identify with that because, when I left, there was no internet. I remember the feeling of isolation. It was ____ awful. So, I'm happy you're here.

And I can see how frustrating the entire situation with MG has been for you. If I recall correctly, you've said the situation has been going on since you got here. And I genuinely feel sorry that, at the same time you found this community that means something important to you, you've also had to deal with this ongoing source of frustration. I'm very, very sorry that I came off sounding condescending.
thank you for your explanation. I didn't get that at all from your first message, so I appreciate very much you taking another stab at it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
No, I'm not talking about the Moderator Forum. If you recall when you were a moderator, near the upper-right of every page was a link called "moderator control panel." You'd get the thread or forum displayed, then a list of links at the left for the various moderator actions, like "Posts awaiting approval" and "Reported posts." Well, a few links down from those was one called "Moderator action log." Clicking on that would display a chronological list, newest first, of who performed what action to which post in which thread.

I recall, years ago, you goofed up and gave me access into the moderators forum or something like that. I read some of it out of curiosity but felt a little guilty for doing so. Do you remember that? I recall telling you I had been given access by mistake.

:biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:11 pm 
God

Lemmie, I consider an accusation of lying to be a pretty serious thing. I also think it's an accusation too commonly made here. If in the very unlikely event that I think you're lying in the future, I'll let you know like this: "Lemmie, I think you're lying."

I don't think you're lying. I think your brain is filtering our conversation, like all brains do. I think you've been sloppy for not checking your own actual statements before you accuse me of twisting your words, and I think you're rationalizing when you describe this:

Lemmie wrote:
You really are that stupid.

as this:
Lemmie wrote:
I did indeed ask you if you really are that stupid.

But at the risk of subjecting you to another of my omnipresent theoretical lectures, I'll sign off now. See you around.

{Pssst -- did you see how I trolled you there?]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:12 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:

I recall, years ago, you goofed up and gave me access into the moderators forum or something like that. I read some of it out of curiosity but felt a little guilty for doing so. Do you remember that? I recall telling you I had been given access by mistake.

:biggrin:

I've been wondering where all that Fac. 3 graffiti came from.... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next