Mormon Discussions
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/

From: Proof of Historical Jesus?
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48068
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Chap [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  From: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Take, for example, the practical example of this board. We have various people from very different walks of life coming together to exchange ideas through discussion and debate. This is the very essence of Christ, speaking truth to power, and granting wisdom, life, through speech. This goes to the very heart of Western civilization. He is the Way, and upon that Way we've become a culture that has brought this world into the light. The light of enlightenment.


This is a very nice and uplifting post.

My problem is that the religion described here appears to owe more to DrC's sense of poetry than to Christianity as an actual historical religion. To take just one point, many of those who played a decisive role in the crucial shift in European culture that we call the Enlightenment saw the actually existing Christian religion of their times and in their societies as a major barrier to human progress. Given the way that Christianity had, over the centuries, sought violently to suppress points of view that either criticised it openly or were seen as subversive to its belief system, or at least to the version favoured by those in power, it is not hard to see why they felt that way. The Christian church today (in its various very disparate versions) is a pussy-cat compared to the often carnivorous creature that it was when it was allowed to exercise real power over people.

Even going back to the Jesus(es) of the Gospels, I have to say that I don't recognise a guy who was out to promote the free exchange of ideas on terms of mutual respect. People who tried to debate with him had it made plain to them that he was the one with the truth, and they had none of it unless they saw things his way.

(Now who does that remind me of?

Quote:
This is why it's virtually impossible to have any sort of reconciliation with a postmodernist social Marxist. You'll state plain and precious assertions and they immediately jump to some predisposed narrative they've created in their warped minds.

You don't like postmodernist social Marxism because it's value-less and nonsensical?

You support ejaculating into women's sippy cups.


Yup. sweetness and light all round, eh?)

Author:  Doctor CamNC4Me [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Take, for example, the practical example of this board. We have various people from very different walks of life coming together to exchange ideas through discussion and debate. This is the very essence of Christ, speaking truth to power, and granting wisdom, life, through speech. This goes to the very heart of Western civilization. He is the Way, and upon that Way we've become a culture that has brought this world into the light. The light of enlightenment.


This is a very nice and uplifting post.

My problem is that the religion described here appears to owe more to DrC's sense of poetry than to Christianity as an actual historical religion. To take just one point, many of those who played a decisive role in the crucial shift in European culture that we call the Enlightenment saw the actually existing Christian religion of their times and in their societies as a major barrier to human progress. Given the way that Christianity had, over the centuries, sought violently to suppress points of view that either criticised it openly or were seen as subversive to its belief system, or at least to the version favoured by those in power, it is not hard to see why they felt that way. The Christian church today (in its various very disparate versions) is a pussy-cat compared to the often carnivorous creature that it was when it was allowed to exercise real power over people.

Even going back to the Jesus(es) of the Gospels, I have to say that I don't recognise a guy who was out to promote the free exchange of ideas on terms of mutual respect. People who tried to debate with him had it made plain to them that he was the one with the truth, and they had none of it unless they saw things his way.

(Now who does that remind me of?

Quote:
This is why it's virtually impossible to have any sort of reconciliation with a postmodernist social Marxist. You'll state plain and precious assertions and they immediately jump to some predisposed narrative they've created in their warped minds.

You don't like postmodernist social Marxism because it's value-less and nonsensical?

You support ejaculating into women's sippy cups.


Yup. sweetness and light all round, eh?)


Uh. You literally introduced the visuals of a man ejaculating into a woman's sippy cup as a way to enforce your lawless social Marxism.

I'm in favor of the rule of law.

You're in favor of mob rule.

Sweetness and light, indeed. Absolutely foul and disgusting behavior by Mr. Chap.

- Doc

eta: I would suggest lawlessness and chaos are anarchistic. If we're to apply that to society then anarchism is death. These seem to be anti-Christ principles, which, of course, I don't agree with. Buddha urged people to find the Middle Way. Ben Franklin discussed temperance. That said, I think Christ rejected authoritarianism, too. Finding that place that straddles the line between too much structure (totalitarianism) and creativity (potential chaos) is the basis for Western culture, hence its success. This goes right to the heart of Christ challenging people's notions, speaking truth to power and authority figures, and also giving law that finds the Middle Way.

Author:  Chap [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

"Literally introduced the visuals of a man ejaculating into a woman's sippy cup as a way to enforce your lawless social Marxism."

i.e. "Did not actually introduce <etc. etc.>, but quoted DrC's words on another forum."

It's just the way Jesus would talk, isn't it?

Author:  Doctor CamNC4Me [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap wrote:
"Literally introduced the visuals of a man ejaculating into a woman's sippy cup as a way to enforce your lawless social Marxism."

i.e. "Did not actually introduce <etc. etc.>"


It's just the way Jesus would talk, isn't it?


I don't really give a ____ what kind of syntax Jesus Christ would use. I'm an atheist.

Look. I can continue to dominate you, which on some level you probably enjoy, but you're pulling a MG right now and you need to take your mental illness back down to the Spirit Paradise forum and stop derailing this thread. You know. Because you're such a Nice GuyTM.

- Doc

Author:  Jesse Pinkman [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Chap wrote:
"Literally introduced the visuals of a man ejaculating into a woman's sippy cup as a way to enforce your lawless social Marxism."

i.e. "Did not actually introduce <etc. etc.>"


It's just the way Jesus would talk, isn't it?


I don't really give a ____ what kind of syntax Jesus Christ would use. I'm an atheist.

Look. I can continue to dominate you, which on some level you probably enjoy, but you're pulling a MG right now and you need to take your mental illness back down to the Spirit Paradise forum and stop derailing this thread. You know. Because you're such a Nice GuyTM.

- Doc

Thanks, Doc! Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:

Author:  Chap [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Chap wrote:
"Literally introduced the visuals of a man ejaculating into a woman's sippy cup as a way to enforce your lawless social Marxism."

i.e. "Did not actually introduce <etc. etc.>"


It's just the way Jesus would talk, isn't it?


I don't really give a ____ what kind of syntax Jesus Christ would use. I'm an atheist.

Look. I can continue to dominate you, which on some level you probably enjoy, but you're pulling a MG right now and you need to take your mental illness back down to the stake president forum and stop derailing this thread. You know. Because you're such a Nice GuyTM.

- Doc


People who rave about their opponents being mentally ill Marxists are rarely thought to have the upper hand in debate.

Readers who want to see DrC embodying his Christlike qualities are invited to visit Spirit Paradise and read him on the subject of sexual harassment.

viewtopic.php?p=1100681#p1100681

Quote:
Accused - Matt Damon for having the gall to express an opinion on sexual assault

Accusers - Bitches and cuckolds


The Middle Way, no doubt?

Author:  Jesse Pinkman [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap, what exactly are you trying to prove? I have known Cam for quite a few years. Basically since the beginning of the board. We have had our disagreements but I do consider him a friend and a good person. Yes, I’m aware that his language can get colorful. I think most people on the board who have had any dealings with Doc are aware of that.

That doesn’t take away from the eloquence of his prior post in my opinion.

Author:  Chap [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Chap, what exactly are you trying to prove? I have known Cam for quite a few years. Basically since the beginning of the board. We have had our disagreements but I do consider him a friend and a good person. Yes, I’m aware that his language can get colorful. I think most people on the board who have had any dealings with Doc are aware of that.

That doesn’t take away from the eloquence of his prior post in my opinion.


It's basically this. I used to be a big fan of this guy Jesus, and of a certain branch of the many religious traditions that claim him for a founder.

In another forum (follow the link I gave above) I have had exchanges with DrC on the subject of sexual harassment. In that thread he has expressed himself with a wide range of obscenity and abuse, some of which we have seen repeated on this forum. It is mildly nauseating to see the same person come up here and preach sweetness, light and following the example of Jesus at the same time as he is, elsewhere, abusing an entire gender as habitual liars, cheats and gold-diggers, laced with generous doses of faux swearing and wild abuse of his opponents.

And, by the way, as I indicated, I disagree quite strongly with his simplified characterisation of Christianity as a force driving the European Enlightenment. Many at the time saw its role quite differently, and with good reason.

Author:  Doctor CamNC4Me [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap wrote:
It is mildly nauseating to see the same person come up here and preach sweetness, light and following the example of Jesus at the same time as he is, elsewhere, abusing an entire gender as habitual liars, cheats and gold-diggers, laced with generous doses of faux swearing and wild abuse of his opponents.


I'm not preaching anything, you nutless dotard. I'm simply giving an opinion based on the topic of the thread.

Christ you're insufferable when you constantly assign meaning that simply doesn't exist to plain words spoken plainly. You also deliberately misrepresent what I say when I take pains to caveat statements. If you genuinely come away from my statements believing that I think all women are as you described then I'm certain you're either disingenuous yourself or suffer from mental illness; perhaps a combination of the two since you seem to get nauseated quite a bit. Weird.

- Doc

Author:  Chap [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Chap wrote:
It is mildly nauseating to see the same person come up here and preach sweetness, light and following the example of Jesus at the same time as he is, elsewhere, abusing an entire gender as habitual liars, cheats and gold-diggers, laced with generous doses of faux swearing and wild abuse of his opponents.


I'm not preaching anything, you nutless dotard. I'm simply giving an opinion based on the topic of the thread.

Christ you're insufferable when you constantly assign meaning that simply doesn't exist to plain words spoken plainly. You also deliberately misrepresent what I say when I take pains to caveat statements. If you genuinely come away from my statements believing that I think all women are as you described then I'm certain you're either disingenuous yourself or suffer from mental illness; perhaps a combination of the two since you seem to get nauseated quite a bit. Weird.

- Doc


If anyone wonders what the basis may be for my remarks on the incongruity between DrC's sanctimonious posts in this forum, and his language and opinions elsewhere, I invite them to visit the relevant thread in Spirit Paradise.

Mark you, there is already a fair bit of evidence available on this thread.

Author:  DoubtingThomas [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

I think Doctor CamNC4Me and Chap should get together to drink beer.

Author:  Jersey Girl [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap wrote:

If anyone wonders what the basis may be for my remarks on the incongruity between DrC's sanctimonious posts in this forum, and his language and opinions elsewhere, I invite them to visit the relevant thread in Spirit Paradise.

Mark you, there is already a fair bit of evidence available on this thread.


What you're doing is derailing this thread with off topic back biting comments about a poster. How about get on topic?

Author:  Doctor CamNC4Me [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Chap wrote:
If anyone wonders what the basis may be for my remarks on the incongruity between DrC's sanctimonious posts in this forum, and his language and opinions elsewhere, I invite them to visit the relevant thread in Spirit Paradise.

Mark you, there is already a fair bit of evidence available on this thread.


I also invite anyone to the spirit paradise forum to study Chap's social Marxism, positively apoplectic de-balled posting style, relentless assault on common sense, and foppish attention to being a deceitful cuckold to 3rd Wave Feminism.

note: I'm reporting this and Chap's MG-like attempt to derail this thread because he's naseous from cramping

- Doc

Author:  Jesse Pinkman [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Proof of Historical Jesus?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Chap wrote:
If anyone wonders what the basis may be for my remarks on the incongruity between DrC's sanctimonious posts in this forum, and his language and opinions elsewhere, I invite them to visit the relevant thread in Spirit Paradise.

Mark you, there is already a fair bit of evidence available on this thread.


I also invite anyone to the spirit paradise forum to study Chap's social Marxism, positively apoplectic de-balled posting style, relentless assault on common sense, and foppish attention to being a deceitful cuckold to 3rd Wave Feminism.

note: I'm reporting this and Chap's MG-like attempt to derail this thread because he's naseous from cramping

- Doc


LOL

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/