It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From ''Online Posting Existentialism: Why are You Here at MD?''
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm 
God

I am here to be entertained and to buttress my a priori conclusion that critics of the Church are just not very nice people, drunks, homosexuals (not that there is anything wrong with it), divorcees, seedy professors, seedy retired professors, thin-skinned and anonymous cowards. Humbly speaking, of course. And to practice my humorous quips.

Last edited by Yahoo Bot on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Online Posting Existentialism: Why are You Here at MD?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:52 pm 
Seedy Academician

Yahoo Bot wrote:
And to practice my humorous quips.

Keep practicing. You have a long way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:55 pm 
God

I'll bet you go to work with elbow patches and without a tie or a good haircut.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm 
Seedy Academician

Factually warmer but still not funny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I am here to be entertained and to buttress my a priori conclusion that critics of the Church are just not very nice people, drunks, homosexuals (not that there is anything wrong with it), divorcees, seedy professors, seedy retired professors, thin-skinned and anonymous cowards. Humbly speaking, of course. And to practice my humorous quips.

NOTICE

Cease and desist of accusing me of abandoning my family as you accused me of in another thread. I've refuted that accusation more than one and see no reason to repeat myself.

Enough. Or suffer the consequences.

With that said, I will accept an apology.

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:05 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:

NOTICE

Cease and desist of accusing me of abandoning my family as you accused me of in another thread. I've refuted that accusation more than one and see no reason to repeat myself.

Enough. Or suffer the consequences.

With that said, I will accept an apology.

I apologize, but I'll take the consequences as well. What might they be? I've already had members of this board go squealing to my employer (well, I employed myself) and to my stake president. I've had a member threaten to rape one of my children, calling her by name, and to inflict violence upon my person. I've had my locked mailbox door blown open five days in a row during the worst of the physical threats on this board (although I can't prove it came from a member of this board). I've been banned by Shades for 30 days for doing nothing more than saying that I could go into a public court file and refute something a board member was saying about a church-affiliated entity. I've been reported to the State Bar -- twice.

So, do your darndest!

One final note -- if you don't want your decision to go gay not be a subject of public discussion, you shouldn't have brought it up and discuss your family at the same time. You brought it up. Given the very vicious and false personal things you say about Dr. Peterson I'm rather surprised that you'd care much. You shouldn't have gone gay in the first place, in my view, and disappoint your family. But, I'd say the same thing to a gay who decided to go straight and disappoint a life companion.

Last edited by Yahoo Bot on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:10 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I apologize, but I'll take the consequences as well. What might they be? I've already had members of this board go squealing to my employer (well, I employed myself) and to my stake president. I've had a member threaten to rape one of my children, calling her by name, and to inflict violence upon my person. I've had my locked mailbox door blown open five days in a row during the worst of the physical threats on this board (although I can't prove it came from a member of this board). I've been banned by Shades for 30 days for doing nothing more than saying that I could go into a public court file and refute something a board member was saying about a church-affiliated entity. I've been reported to the State Bar -- twice.

So, do your darndest!

I accept your apology. I'm not interested in revenge unless you continue to libel me without cause.

"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the 'slave' is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed."

Nightlion confessed:

"I do admit Joseph Smith faked the facsimile translation. . . . Facsimiles................lies"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:

You're here because you belong here....with the drunks, homosexuals (not that there is anything wrong with it), divorcees, seedy professors, seedy retired professors, thin-skinned and anonymous cowards. You're attracted to this board and us. Sounds like something to talk to your therapist or bishop about. :lol:

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:32 pm 
Seedy Academician

Maksutov wrote:
You're here because you belong here....with the drunks, homosexuals (not that there is anything wrong with it), divorcees, seedy professors, seedy retired professors, thin-skinned and anonymous cowards. You're attracted to this board and us. Sounds like something to talk to your therapist or bishop about. :lol:

I love the fact that in Bot's eyes we are not very nice people. What a compliment!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

I love the fact that in Bot's eyes we are not very nice people. What a compliment!

Of course. We question the foundations of his identity. It's personal for him. But we all make our choices, even if we choose for others to choose for us.

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 pm 
God

You guys are submitting to a derail.

You're welcome.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
One final note -- if you don't want your decision to go gay not be a subject of public discussion, you shouldn't have brought it up and discuss your family at the same time. You brought it up. Given the very vicious and false personal things you say about Dr. Peterson I'm rather surprised that you'd care much. You shouldn't have gone gay in the first place, in my view, and disappoint your family. But, I'd say the same thing to a gay who decided to go straight and disappoint a life companion.

A decision to go gay doesn't automatically mean one abandons their family. My exwife to this day is thrilled that I went gay after 20 years of marriage. I was left holding the bag when she left me and walking into the chapel all alone was no picnic. I tried everything in my power to live a straight life and it was unnatural for me. She was unfulfilled. I don't blame her. I should have never married. I should have never had kids. I should have never stayed in the church. But I chose all that. But right now I have a good life and am very happy. My boyfriend has been living with me for over a year. He's 30. I'm 55. It's a wonderful relationship.

Screw Dr. Peterson. If he has a problem with what I've said then he can come here and discuss it. For the most part I feel like I kept my promise to him that I wouldn't attack him. I've been quite restrained when it comes to Dr. Peterson.

I trust you read the comments in my defense I made in the other thread.

Nightlion confessed:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:46 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:

I think your humble superiority complex and that of other Mormons is what drives some to drink.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:48 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:

A decision to go gay doesn't automatically mean one abandons their family. My exwife to this day is is thrilled that I went gay after 20 years of marriage. I was left holding the bag when she left me and walking into the chapel all alone was no picnic. I tried everything in my power to live a straight life and it was unnatural for me. She was unfulfilled. I don't blame her. I should have never married. I should have never had kids. I should have never stayed in the church. But I chose all that. But right now I have a good life and am very happy. My boyfriend has been living with me for over a year. He's 30. I'm 55. It's a wonderful relationship.

Screw Dr. Peterson. If he has a problem with what I've said then he can come here and discuss it. For the most part I feel like I kept my promise to him that I wouldn't attack him. I've been quite restrained when it comes to Dr. Peterson.

I trust you read the comments in my defense I made in the other thread.

No I didn't read your comments as I only engage in drive by posting. Sorry. I couldn't find them today.

Of course, what is really interesting about your comments is my own experience. I was a bishop for over six years and counseled homosexuals in the church, and also compared notes (without names disclosed except where I was dragged into it) with other bishops in my building and with my stake president, as well as with a general authority client of mine with a gay son.

I'd say for every active gay you hear about who has "gone gay" and separated from their family, there are two gays in the church struggling to hold on. I know one bishop in that position. They are very conflicted and I imagine a day doesn't go by where they wish they were in a gay lifestyle. But, on a higher plane they are grateful to have remained in the church where their testimony lies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:

I think your humble superiority complex and that of other Mormons is what drives some to drink.

I think I have said many many times that few on this board have any sense of humor at all.

My post was strictly tongue in cheek. In reality, I have no pretensions that I know more than you or have any sort of inside track to truth. I have never stated my true metaphysical beliefs about the church on this board. I enjoy witnessing the different aspects of human behavior and the dysfunction that exist on this board. I'm the guy who stops to see the person loaded in the ambulance on the side of the road. By doing so I hope to learn something and reduce my own dysfunction.

Last edited by Yahoo Bot on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm 
High Priest

Jersey Girl wrote:
You guys are submitting to a derail.

You're welcome.

Lovely, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 pm 
God

Get over it. The OP was absurdly boring.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 pm 
High Priest

Yahoo Bot wrote:

I am obviously interested in the answers which is why I posted it. Thanks for that one reply in which you somewhat addressed the OP questions. I appreciated it.

Post subject: Re: From ''Online Posting Existentialism: Why are You Here a
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 pm 
God

THANK YOU!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:

If you find it absurdly boring, choose another thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Yahoo Bot wrote:
I've been banned by Shades for 30 days for doing nothing more than saying that I could go into a public court file and refute something a board member was saying about a church-affiliated entity.

No, you were temporarily suspended (not "banned") for refusing to cease-and-desist from using red font, which is reserved for moderators.

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017