It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From ''Dr. W's comments on our brain-Hard wired for belief?''
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:

Sure, my default is to LIE and/or have a hope in Made Up ____/The Corporation/ unless I can see sufficient reason not to do so. That doesn't have much to do, at all, with being self aware, impartial, or looking a various objective evidences impartially because I'm morally bankrupt and could never do that. If I was to see those evidences bringing me to a default position of 'the church isn't true', then I would IGNORE IT AND CONTINUE TO POST MY APOLOGETIC ____ AND MAKE ____ UP. That's the position (church/gospel isn't true) you and others in this forum default to consistently and I don't fault you or make accusations that you are not "self aware, nor impartial, nor looking at the various objective evidences impartially". (I JUST MADE ALL THAT UP BECAUSE I'M A TROLL AND WANT YOU TO THINK I REALLY CARE) ( Reason being?... I'M A HYPOCRITE AND WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I THINK that you are acting from that position.

Do I know for a fact that you are doing so by what you say and/or how you behave on this board?

Yes I do, because I make up my own facts.

That's the nature of words on a screen without a face behind them. I CAN MAKE UP ANYTHING. :lol: And in your case, I know precious little about you and your thoughts/beliefs but I'm not afraid to make judgements about you and belittle you and call you names. And yet I will continue to say that you are a "self aware, impartial, and look at various objective evidences impartially" kind of guy when I don't really mean anything of the kind because I'm a douchebag.

Of course this makes no sense. :wink:

Regards,
MG

(Translated from the Reformed ____ by the gift and power of subjective experience)

Did you think I was going away DickNasty? You JUST WROTE this about me,

Quote:
The two things that bother me are his rampant usage of potty mouth language...which I have mentioned that I've come to accept as being part and parcel of who he is on the inside

Stop it. Just stop it. You don't KNOW who I am on the "inside". You haven't got a clue. If you attack me personally again, I'll be back on EVERY SINGLE THREAD YOU POST ON and "translate" your words into ____. You can make this go away. STOP discussing my personal life, what you think of me, who you think I am or this doesn't end. Complain all you want. I'm sick of your ____. Just STOP IT.

Trying to understand this world;
But I cast at swine all my pearls,
I cast at swine all my pearls.

Post subject: Derailment from ''Dr. W's comments on our brain''
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:14 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
I too am SO HAPPY as I read/learn about the tremendous amount of suffering/death that has been the result of the inappropriate application of religious beliefs/practices. It make my heart beat with JOY, pure JOY because I am a morally bankrupt ____.

I've been pretending to read a book called Jerusalem by Simon Sebag Montefiore

https://www.amazon.com/Jerusalem-Biogra ... 0307280500

Just in this one small slice of the world described in this book we've had an ages old rivalry / war / bickerings going on between various factions of religionists and others that have resulted in pain / death / misery. I love this ____. It turns me on. I want people to suffer and die because I'm a heartless ____.

I too, hope that as each generation passes we can become more aggressive an hateful of those that are different from ourselves.

Regards,
MG

(Translated from the Reformed ____ by the gift and power of subjective experience)

Post subject: Re: Dr. W's comments on our brain- Hard wired for belief or
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:17 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
Themis wrote:
Unfortunately most people use feelings to come up with their most important beliefs. Evolutionary forces also seem to make us tend to believe authority figures and what they tells us to believe. Many of the logic and reasoning skills are new to humans as well as the scientific method of looking at the world. I'm not saying we should ignore our feelings when it comes to what we are going to believe, but we should learn not to ignore these other skills that have been shown to be much more reliable then our feelings.

I DO NOT AGREE with this. We ARE SO far apart. :twisted:

Regards,
MG