It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Oaks goes hard on gender identity
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:02 pm 
CTR A

Look at Oaks go! He was powerful, resolute and strong on the matter of gender identity. It is my hope that the membership and the world takes it in the loving spirit in which it was intended. But, no. We'll be called bigots and behind the times. Sigh.

Post subject: Re: Oaks goes hard on gender identity
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:10 pm 
God

That's funny, your Mormon man god created both heterosexual and homosexual beings, so how can the World be wrong in acknowledging your Mormon man god's plan of same sex attraction?

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:18 pm 
God

Let's shove everybody back in their closets and make Zion great again.

In the end Elder Oaks was correct, In Mormonism “it is wrong to criticize leaders even if the criticism is true”. In fact it may be the only real true Doctrine left in Mormonism from the beginning of the restoration. --Bill Reel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:23 pm 
CTR A

Mormonicious wrote:
That's funny, your Mormon man god created both heterosexual and homosexual beings, so how can the World be wrong in acknowledging your Mormon man god's plan of same sex attraction?

Well, they DID say we'd have to kick against the pricks, so I'm guessing you're a troll. Even so, I will simply say that homosexuality is CHOSEN. No loving father would force such bile on his children, and our Heavenly Father is no exception.

There is a misguided youth in my stake who is, by Heavenly Father's reckoning, a boy, but who has the audacity to come to church as a girl. It's sad, but perhaps Oak's talk will make him straighten up and fly right.

Yes, yes, I fed the troll.

Last edited by 2kings98 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:25 pm 
God

Hear, hear! What would 1950's mythical man do? He would try and bring us back to the mythical "good old days" when women were more property-like and LGTB were safely in the closet.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:52 pm 
God

Nice of Oaks to remind those who were watching that while the church is willing to change their position on trivial matters such as the sunday schedule, it is not budging anytime soon on the bigger social issues. The church still hates the gays.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm 
CTR A

DarkHelmet wrote:
Nice of Oaks to remind those who were watching that while the church is willing to change their position on trivial matters such as the sunday schedule, it is not budging anytime soon on the bigger social issues. The church still hates the gays.

It has naught to do with hatred. It's about lovingly counseling the misguided back to the straight (pun intended) and narrow. Nothing about the Church is hateful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 pm 
CTR A

2kings98 wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:

It has naught to do with hatred. It's about lovingly counseling the misguided back to the straight (pun intended) and narrow. Nothing about the Church is hateful.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 pm 
God

2kings98 wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:

If the church wants to hate gays, it has every right to. It's a free country. But it's pathetic to try to deny it. Gay people hate the Mormon church, and they don't deny it. Just be honest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:23 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

Homosexuality and parthogenesis both happen in Nature.

God apparently creates some of "his children" who are outside the norms of what many consider "natural and normal".

God did it - why fight against it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:32 pm 
CTR A

DarkHelmet wrote:
If the church wants to hate gays, it has every right to. It's a free country. But it's pathetic to try to deny it. Gay people hate the Mormon church, and they don't deny it. Just be honest.

We follow Christ, so there is no hatred. Only love.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm 
God

2kings98 wrote:

We follow Christ, so there is no hatred. Only love.

Right.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:06 pm 
God

2kings98 wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:

Yep. Look at the love that was poured out at Mountain Meadows in the form of innocent blood. The Church itself is hateful. It teaches aggressive ignorance and dishonesty.

In the end Elder Oaks was correct, In Mormonism “it is wrong to criticize leaders even if the criticism is true”. In fact it may be the only real true Doctrine left in Mormonism from the beginning of the restoration. --Bill Reel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm 
God

I misread the title of this thread. I thought it said "Oaks gets hard on gender identity".

Although it might be true, you would probably need to look from the side to see it through his suit coat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:43 pm 
God

Sanctorian wrote:
I misread the title of this thread. I thought it said "Oaks gets hard on gender identity".

Although it might be true, you would probably need to look from the side to see it through his suit coat.

Yeah, I read it that way too at first. Probably would have made a better thread topic to be honest.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:49 pm 
Seedy Academician

Thank you, Elder Oaks, for providing more reasons to avoid your church like the spiritual toxin it is.

Last edited by Kishkumen on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm 
God

Quote:
"Our positions on these fundamentals frequently provoke opposition to the Church. We consider that inevitable. Opposition is part of the plan, and Satan’s (the Adversary’s) most strenuous opposition is directed at whatever is most important to God’s plan. He seeks to destroy God’s work," he said.

"He also seeks to confuse gender, to distort marriage, and to discourage childbearing—especially by parents who will raise children in truth," Oaks said.

https://www.good4utah.com/news/local-ne ... 1503396431

Jesus wept.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm 
God

2kings98 wrote:
...in the loving spirit in which it was intended.

What the hell does this even mean?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 pm 
God

Morley wrote:
2kings98 wrote:
...in the loving spirit in which it was intended.

What the hell does this even mean?

It's the language of abuse and 2Kings98 probably doesn't even realize it.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:11 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
Sanctorian wrote:

Yeah, I read it that way too at first. Probably would have made a better thread topic to be honest.

Oaks hasn't been able to get hard since the 80s. Why would anyone take sex advice from old guys who haven't had sex since Ronald Reagan's second inaugural address?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 pm 
God

It's remarkable watching LGBT allies prepare for General Conference messages that might hurt LGBT people and them then to be legitimized the first day. Like the church waiting outside the storm to help Katrina victims, they're ready to help the church's victims.

Last edited by Meadowchik on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next