It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:09 pm 
Jersey Girl wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

I'm not in the mood to look up things written by Tanner. Why ruin a perfectly good Friday night?

Paul O

Gee, I dunno, Paul...because you were in the mood to pronounce Tanner burning in hell and now have a chance to discredit him publicly?

Or is evading the question easier?

Jersey Girl

Yes, it is easier.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:14 pm 
Liz,

First of all: I know the Book of Mormon a lot better than you. I understand the spirit of the Book of Mormon better than you. I know Mormon doctrine better than you. And the list goes on. But, I'm sure in some areas you are better than me - so take heart!

I thought we were supposed to be out on a date tonight.

Actually, my wife went out to get me a burger, fries, and onion rings. I think we will watch a show pretty soon.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:20 pm 
Bryan,

Shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I do as I please!

Your little prod won’t work with me. If I am not in the mood to look something up – then I don’t do it. It’s that simple. I don't give a rat’s ass what you think about that.

Paul O

Last edited by Paul Osborne on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:23 pm 
Quote:
I thought we were supposed to be out on a date tonight.

Yeah...me too....I just got our 2 year old in bed(he's been coughing), and hubby just got back with a movie.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree for now and go to our perspective dates! ;)

Have a good night, Paul! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:28 pm 
Famous Potato

Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

I'm not in the mood to look up things written by Tanner. Why ruin a perfectly good Friday night?

Paul O

OK ruin Saturday
or Sunday
or Monday
Tuesday
WED
Thurs

answer the question you idiot.

U come off as sooooo itelligent but you're an idiot. You left FAIR like a little spoiled brat that lost his marbles now you come over here and play your mental games. Go suck eggs on your own site.

Tanner has more integrity dead than you have alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:31 pm 
GPS, inc.

Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

Paul O

Gee, I dunno, Paul...because you were in the mood to pronounce Tanner burning in hell and now have a chance to discredit him publicly?

Or is evading the question easier?

Jersey Girl

Yes, it is easier.

Paul O
Given the problems with LDS apologetics, that sure is true!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:20 pm 
Quote:
U come off as sooooo itelligent but you're an idiot. You left FAIR like a little spoiled brat that lost his marbles now you come over here and play your mental games. Go suck eggs on your own site.

Pokatanut,

Bite off, dude. I ain't doing nothing for you. Don't even ask. You're on my poop list.

So there.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:41 am 
Original Member

Hey Mr. Osborne,

Do you always eat fries and onion rings? Too much fried food all at once don't you think? Next time try substituting a shake for either the fries or the rings.

UtMoO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:27 am 
Upon the Mount of Olives wrote:
Hey Mr. Osborne,

Do you always eat fries and onion rings? Too much fried food all at once don't you think? Next time try substituting a shake for either the fries or the rings.

UtMoO

Actually, truth be told, I rarely eat fried foods anymore. I'm 44 years old and have a 32" waste line. Not bad, eh? Once in a while I crave a greasy burger but most of the time the thought seems pretty gross. Sometimes I think the body just needs a slug of grease. Probably helps lubricate the blood veins, or something like that.

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Paul O

Post subject: Re: Tanner is burning in hell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:11 pm 
Paul Osborne wrote:
Finally, the man is dead. He will pay a heavy price for his wickedness.

Sandra Tanner will suffer hellfire too. She will realize this the moment her spirit leaves her body.

Paul O

You're an idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:06 pm 
Nursery

Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

Paul O

Of course. No time to read the writings of someone before you condemn them to hell for their writings. You are a brilliant man, Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:31 am 
Rollo Tomasi II wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:

Sandra Tanner will suffer hellfire too. She will realize this the moment her spirit leaves her body.

Paul O

You're an idiot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if I'm not an idiot, that would make you one.

That's an interesting thought.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:33 am 
Trojan Tapir wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

Paul O

Of course. No time to read the writings of someone before you condemn them to hell for their writings. You are a brilliant man, Paul.

Well, there are 24 hours in a day. Each minute burns time of the clock. One has to decide where to burn those minutes.

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm 
God

Paul Osborne wrote:

Paul O

I though us Mormons did not believe in Hell Fire.

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:22 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)

Well obviously you do, because PO said so.
And we all know he is never wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 am 
God

Quote:
2. A man can go to hell for speaking truth - yes indeed.

This has to be my favorite Paul Osbourne quote of all time. If anything Paul at least your logical within your own sphere. I'd be hard pressed to find another chapel Mormon who would come out and admit that this is clearly logical based on Mormon principles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 am 
Jason Bourne wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:

Paul O

I though us Mormons did not believe in Hell Fire.

Jason

We believe in hellfire. We believe the wicked will suffer hellfire and stand before the judgment bar of Christ. Have you not read the scriptures which teach these things? Have you not understood what the scriptures say about hellfire?

On the other hand, the righteous will enjoy bliss and feel joy in their hearts.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:18 am 
SMART ____ wrote:
Well obviously you do, because PO said so.
And we all know he is never wrong.

You're wrong, dummy. I've been known to be wrong.

Kevin Graham was right when he called you a "dumb idiot".

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:40 am 
ajax18 wrote:
Quote:
2. A man can go to hell for speaking truth - yes indeed.

This has to be my favorite Paul Osbourne quote of all time. If anything Paul at least your logical within your own sphere. I'd be hard pressed to find another chapel Mormon who would come out and admit that this is clearly logical based on Mormon principles.

Listen, truth can be made known to someone under the strict commandment to keep it sacred/secret. I could give examples of this from a doctrinal point of view and from the scriptures. If a man reveals truths to others contrary to a strict command from God he will find himself under condemnation. Failure to repent in sackcloth and ashes for speaking truths outside the bounds the Lord has set will place him squarely under the judgment of God – and he will be damned.

That’s the honest truth, friend. I'm sure even elder Bruce R. McConkie would agree with me on this one, do you think?

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:03 am 
2nd Counselor

Paul Osborne wrote:
Listen, truth can be made known to someone under the strict commandment to keep it sacred/secret. I could give examples of this from a doctrinal point of view and from the scriptures. If a man reveals truths to others contrary to a strict command from God he will find himself under condemnation. Failure to repent in sackcloth and ashes for speaking truths outside the bounds the Lord has set will place him squarely under the judgment of God – and he will be damned.

That’s the honest truth, friend. I'm sure even elder Bruce R. McConkie would agree with me on this one, do you think?

Paul O

Paul, don't you see any problems with these beliefs? If a man tells me he's got plates and he's been commanded to translate them and I ask him to see them and he says he can't because they're sacred and he's under commandment not to, his credibility is weak.

I can always say that I am under commandment not to include you in the group unless you swear oaths not to reveal what I'm going to reveal to you. If you agree -- under oath -- and then I confide in you that god told me to murder someone, are you still under oath?

In the real world, I think people should be very suspicious of people's claims that God told them to keep a secret.

Post subject: Mysteries of the Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:13 pm 
Lightbearer

D&C 76:5-10

5 For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end.
6 Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.
7 And to them will I reveal all mysteries, yea, all the hidden mysteries of my kingdom from days of old, and for ages to come, will I make known unto them the good pleasure of my will concerning all things pertaining to my kingdom.
8 Yea, even the wonders of eternity shall they know, and things to come will I show them, even the things of many generations.
9 And their wisdom shall be great, and their understanding reach to heaven; and before them the wisdom of the wise shall perish, and the understanding of the prudent shall come to naught.
10 For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will—yea, even those things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor yet entered into the heart of man.

Now note the following:

"Oh, ye elders of israel, hearken to my voice, and when you are sent into the world to preach, tell those things you are sent to tell; preach and cry aloud, 'repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.' Declare the first principles, and let mysteries alone, lest ye be overthrown. Never meddle with the visions of beasts and subjects you do not understand." (Teachings, p.292.)

With this understanding, we can understand why President Hinkley is not quick to answer questions posed by reporters, and Brother Millet instructed his class to answer deep doctrinal questions with first principle answers.

Gazelam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next