It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:14 am 
christopher,

My life in the chapel and the Internet are two different worlds. The chapel is a place of rest and conservative faith promotion. The Internet is a place to speak out and defend the restored Church with vigor.

Thanks for asking.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:30 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 18195
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
There is no hell, Paul. There is no burning. I'm very surprised that you use Protestant/Catholic imagery to call someone to Mormon repentence. Surely you should be saying "Tanner is in Outer Darkness!" or something similiar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:04 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 324
harmony wrote:
There is no hell, Paul. There is no burning. I'm very surprised that you use Protestant/Catholic imagery to call someone to Mormon repentence. Surely you should be saying "Tanner is in Outer Darkness!" or something similiar.


But Harmony, "Outer Darkness" just doesn't elicit the same emotional, knee-jerk reaction as "fire, burning, and torment."

Personally, I'm have a great laugh because of Paul. His posts remind me of myself back when I was a sheep who thought I knew all the answers. I was an arrogant, self-absorbed, elitist bastard who was always calling out to others to "save" themselves.

It's a wonder I ever had any friends at all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:32 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am
Posts: 922
Location: In my Hammock--I Wish
You all notice that Paul never answered my questions????

He ignored mine but answered all of yours????

Since we are all going to HELL don't you want to know what HELL is like???

I do!!!!!

_________________
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:38 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am
Posts: 922
Location: In my Hammock--I Wish
Actually I would rather go to HELL with all of you that go to HEAVEN with all the Mormons.

I will bring the alcohol since I worship it but someone needs to bring the marshmellows.

Okay see you there in HELL!!!!!@@@@@@%%@%$@%%

_________________
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:53 pm 
Quote:
You all notice that Paul never answered my questions????


It's not worth the effort. You're a lost cause.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:57 pm 
Bryan Inks,

I fear you will be joining Tanner. Hey man, you did it to yourself.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:51 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 324
Paul Osborne wrote:
Bryan Inks,

I fear you will be joining Tanner. Hey man, you did it to yourself.

Paul O


Thanks for the vote of confidence.

If I could be half as successful as Mr. Tanner at bringing truth to light, I would be more than content.

As it stands, I'll just do the best I can as a lowly, hell-bound person who uses logic and the gifts that God supposedly gave me to live my life.

Best of luck to you in your condemnation of others. Maybe, one day, you'll find someone who cares.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:05 pm
Posts: 10100
Bryan Inks wrote:
Maybe, one day, you'll find someone who cares.


I care.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:35 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am
Posts: 922
Location: In my Hammock--I Wish
I am a lost cause, finally.

Will the Mormons stop harassing me now???

I thought to no one was a lost cause

_________________
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: A question for Paul
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 pm 
Founder & Visionary
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Posts: 13638
Location: Shady Acres Status: MODERATOR
Hi Paul,

I have a question for you. What, if anything, did Jerald Tanner write which was actually untrue?

Will God send someone to Hell for speaking or writing the truth?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:44 pm 
Bryan Inks wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Bryan Inks,

I fear you will be joining Tanner. Hey man, you did it to yourself.

Paul O


Thanks for the vote of confidence.

If I could be half as successful as Mr. Tanner at bringing truth to light, I would be more than content.

As it stands, I'll just do the best I can as a lowly, hell-bound person who uses logic and the gifts that God supposedly gave me to live my life.

Best of luck to you in your condemnation of others. Maybe, one day, you'll find someone who cares.



Actually, Bryan, I have little confidence in you. That is why I fear the worst on your account as you seal your own doom.

Your light and truth is my darkness.

Might I also add that you are a liar. Wishing me the "best of luck" is insincerity. You are not to be trusted.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:46 pm 
keene wrote:
Bryan Inks wrote:
Maybe, one day, you'll find someone who cares.


I care.


I believe you.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:50 pm 
Quote:
I have a question for you. What, if anything, did Jerald Tanner write which was actually untrue?

Will God send someone to Hell for speaking or writing the truth?


1. Tanner fought against Zion. He was a thorn to the Church. He is an enemy of Jesus Christ. His God is the devil.

2. A man can go to hell for speaking truth - yes indeed.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:52 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 31529
Location: Her own planet
Paul Osborne wrote:
Quote:
I have a question for you. What, if anything, did Jerald Tanner write which was actually untrue?

Will God send someone to Hell for speaking or writing the truth?


1. Tanner fought against Zion. He was a thorn to the Church. He is an enemy of Jesus Christ. His God is the devil.

2. A man can go to hell for speaking truth - yes indeed.

Paul O


Paul,

I appreciate why you view Tanner the way that you do however, you failed to answer Shades question. Here it is again:

"What, if anything, did Jerald Tanner write which was actually untrue? " - Shades

Jersey Girl


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:57 pm 
Jersey Girl,

I'm not in the mood to look up things written by Tanner. Why ruin a perfectly good Friday night?

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:58 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 324
Paul Osborne wrote:
Actually, Bryan, I have little confidence in you. That is why I fear the worst on your account as you seal your own doom.


And yet are more than amicable in your informing me that I'm going to burn in hell. That sounds like a vote of confidence to me. You seem quite confident that what I do will earn me your version of eternal damnation.

Shucks. . . the only way that hell could be a bad place for me is if I was stuck there listening to crack-pots like you harping on me.

Paul Osborne wrote:
Your light and truth is my darkness.


Just because you said light is dark doesn't make it so. Truth is truth. The worst of all things, in my opinion, is when some jerk decides to re-write nature in order to suit their own purposes.

Paul Osborne wrote:
Might I also add that you are a liar. Wishing me the "best of luck" is insincerity. You are not to be trusted.

Paul O


Your choice not to trust me. Probably a smart choice to make as well, given that we've never met other than through this online medium. I don't trust anyone I meet online either. . . .

However, your assumption that I'm lieing when I wish you luck is just that, an assumption.

I truly do wish you the best of luck. Then again, I wish everyone the best of luck. . . so take it with a grain of salt.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:01 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 31529
Location: Her own planet
Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

I'm not in the mood to look up things written by Tanner. Why ruin a perfectly good Friday night?

Paul O


Gee, I dunno, Paul...because you were in the mood to pronounce Tanner burning in hell and now have a chance to discredit him publicly?

Or is evading the question easier?

Jersey Girl


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:03 pm 
Paul Osborne wrote:
Quote:
Obviously, there are times when you need to call people to repentance, but let's be realistic. Those occasions are few and far between. They exist when someone is threatening your personal salvation or the salvation of your family.

I don't really see either of those scenarios existing on either this message board or Kevin's


You have forgotten a lot of the Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants. I urge you to get back to reading them.

Paul O


On the contrary, Paul, I think you are cherry picking segments of the Book of Mormon and the D&C to attempt to form a case. What about the spirit of how the scriptures should be read?

I understand the whole "every member a missionary" concept and that we are suppose to "shout the gospel from the rooftops", but why are you taking it upon yourself to belittle and condemn people?

All you're doing is trying to get a rise out of people for sole entertainment value. That's not really very Christ-like. Even if you don't admit it here, at least be honest with yourself about what you're really doing. ;)


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:07 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 324
Paul Osborne wrote:
Jersey Girl,

I'm not in the mood to look up things written by Tanner. Why ruin a perfectly good Friday night?

Paul O


Translation: I don't actually have any proof to back up my outlandish claims and am going to try and make you feel stupid because I'm too lazy form an actual argument.

Doesn't play so well here, Paul. You'll find that most of our population uses this little thing that's been around for centuries. Have you ever heard of "logic"?

I'll even give you an example in the manner of Christ.

A Parable
A redneck goes onto a college campus and strikes up a discussion with a professor. During the course of the discussion the redneck asks the professor what class he teaches.

The professor replis, "Well, I teach a class on Logic."

"Logic," says the redneck, "What's that?"

"Well," the professor replies, "Do you have a weedwacker?"

"Yeah." comes the reply.

"Well, if you have a weedwacker, you surely must have a lawnmower." says the professor.

"I sure do." from the redneck.

"And if you have a lawnmower, you must have a lawn."

"Heck, that's right!" the redneck exclaims.

"Then," says the professor, "You must have a house."

To which the redneck responds, "Yup."

"If you have a house, you must be married."

"I am! How you doin' this, professor?"

"If you are married, you have a wife, am I right?" asks the professor.

"I do, indeed." replies the redneck.

"In that case, I can logically assume you are heterosexual." finishes the professor.

The redneck is astounded. Logic seems to be something that could really come in useful. So he signs up for the professor's class on Logic.

A few days later the redneck is talking with one of his friends. He tells his friend that he signed up for a logic class at the college.

"What's logic?" asks the friend.

"Lemme give ya an example." says the redneck. "Do ya have a weedwacker?"

"No," comes the reply.

"Fag!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:07 pm 
Quote:
Shucks. . . the only way that hell could be a bad place for me is if I was stuck there listening to crack-pots like you harping on me.


Does this imply that you are in hell right now?

Quote:
Just because you said light is dark doesn't make it so. Truth is truth. The worst of all things, in my opinion, is when some jerk decides to re-write nature in order to suit their own purposes.


Well, there were many who thought the same towards Jesus of Nazareth . . .

Quote:
Your choice not to trust me. Probably a smart choice to make as well, given that we've never met other than through this online medium. I don't trust anyone I meet online either. . . .


I'm glad we agree that it's not smart to trust you.

Quote:
However, your assumption that I'm lieing when I wish you luck is just that, an assumption.
I truly do wish you the best of luck.


I don't believe you.

Paul O


Top
  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group