It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:17 am 
Star A

When it comes to Osbourne I simply fall back to the default line of "By their fruits you will know them".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:25 am 
Liz,

I’m flabbergasted that you were entirely forgetful of the teachings of Moroni in the Book of Mormon. Gazelam posted the teachings found therein that condemn those who baptize little children. They are indeed in the bonds of iniquity and will find themselves in hell if they don’t repent. The Catholic priesthood is an abomination before God. The Catholic church is a whore that has perverted the right ways of the Lord and those who court her are going after a whore. Teachings of the Catholic priesthood are evil!

There are however many righteous Catholics. These have been persuaded by the craftiness of men but even these will get their opportunity to deny this religion and embrace the truth whether in this life or the next.

I hope the Book of Mormon has set you straight. This wonderful book is the cornerstone of our religion. It makes no apologies to Babylon the Great but condemns her outright.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:29 am 
Nort,

You sound like a fool. Pull your foot out of your mouth.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:09 am 
Famous Potato

Paul

I thought God was to do the judging. But I guess you've become a God already, at least in your own mind.

So you have a stone in your hand and you are without sin, so cast the first stone.

PS Watch out for ricochets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 am 
Paul Osborne wrote:
Liz,

I’m flabbergasted that you were entirely forgetful of the teachings of Moroni in the Book of Mormon. Gazelam posted the teachings found therein that condemn those who baptize little children. They are indeed in the bonds of iniquity and will find themselves in hell if they don’t repent. The Catholic priesthood is an abomination before God. The Catholic church is a whore that has perverted the right ways of the Lord and those who court her are going after a whore. Teachings of the Catholic priesthood are evil!

There are however many righteous Catholics. These have been persuaded by the craftiness of men but even these will get their opportunity to deny this religion and embrace the truth whether in this life or the next.

I hope the Book of Mormon has set you straight. This wonderful book is the cornerstone of our religion. It makes no apologies to Babylon the Great but condemns her outright.

Paul O

I appreciate Gazelem finding the scripture for me. First of all, I think that you are purposely trying to spar an argument with me when there is really none to be made. You conceded, my friend, that there are many righteous Catholics. This was my point as well. Men are judged by God by their hearts, and their willingness to accept and live the gospel. It is certainly plausible to live gospel principles, even if someone has not had the opportunity to partake in the fullness of the gospel. And, as you yourself pointed out, they will be given that opportunity, if not this life than in the next.

As far as you being flabbergasted that I "forgot" the teachings of Moroni...I don't think there is any cause in talking down to me, or anyone else, who asks for a scriptural reference. I never doubted your word that the reference was there, but I don't have the Book of Mormon memorized, and I wanted to see the reference in its' full context.

It's interesting how we all interpret scriptures differently, even though we're reading the same words on the page. When I read the text in full context, I did not gain the sense that the Lord was condemning people to hell. He was teaching them a great truth which had been misunderstood....a beautiful truth...which is that children are perfect before God, and have no need to be baptised because they have not sinned.

I know a family who was very faithful to Catholicism growing up. They had a little baby girl who died in a car crash before her baptism ceremony. They were devastated, thinking that their baby would spend eternity in Hell. After hearing the plan of salvation, they later joined the Church, and rejoiced in knowing they would be with their little girl again.

Paul, the spirit of Christ is an uplifting spirit. Obviously, there are times when you need to call people to repentance, but let's be realistic. Those occasions are few and far between. They exist when someone is threatening your personal salvation or the salvation of your family.

I don't really see either of those scenarios existing on either this message board or Kevin's. It's obvious that you have a strong testimony of the gospel, and that nothing anyone says is going to shake that.

If your goal is to sincerely reach people, then reach out to them in a faith promoting way. You're a returned missionary. You can't tell me that you don't know this works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:08 am 
Nursery

Paul Osborne wrote:
Nort,

Paul O

Sorry, Paul, but Nort is dead on. You are the type of Mormon that gives all Mormons a bad name. At least the majority of Mormons I know are nice, good, and decent people. You are a disgrace, not only to the people of your fanciful, fraudulent cult, but to the cult itself.

There is merit to your presence here, however. I think I can speak for the majority of ex/non-mormons here when I say that you give us great comfort and reassurance (but are just one of many such sources) in our decision to leave the cult behind.

Post subject: Re: Tanner is burning in hell
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:33 am 
Site Admin

Paul Osborne wrote:
Finally, the man is dead. He will pay a heavy price for his wickedness.

Sandra Tanner will suffer hellfire too. She will realize this the moment her spirit leaves her body.

Paul O

Yeah! Burn ____! That punk spoke his last.... wait, what did he say? Eh, who cares. THEY"RE BURNING! WOO!!! Disco inferno.

http://boasas.com/?c=691

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:59 pm 
God

Paul, I used to think you were a nice guy with a screw slightly loose but I see that the screw has now come completely free and the part it was holding on is rolling on the floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:59 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)

Can you roast marshmellows in Hell?
or shove pineapples up Hitler's ass?

I want to know because I want to do both when I go to Hell!!!!!!!

Paul has already spoken and judged us all so why fight that we are all going to HELL.

We might as well enjoy it there right????

We could also get one hellva of a tan!!!!!!!

Is there CANCER in HELL??????

Will there be Lay's potato chips there or the store brand????

I want to know Paul right now!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm 
God

Hey PO, PHuck you and the curelom you rode in on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:16 pm 
In defense of Paul, he is entitled to his opinions. I don't agree with his tough stand on damnation, and specifically that Jerald Tanner is "burning in hell". Paul, you must take the Book of Mormon literally in this, because D&C sections 19 and 76 do not portray the literal views of the Book of Mormon in regard to heaven and hell. I believe that Joseph Smith held a progressive theology, and while you may not agree with this, I think it's evident even today. For example, Brigham Young taught that the only ones who would be exalted are those who enter polygamy. This is not what modern prophets are teaching. The whole of Mormonism has been progressive. The Book of Mormon condemns polygamy, and says it is only for "raising up seed", not as a requirement of exaltation, which section 132 teaches. Too much literalism can get you into trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:32 pm 
God

Poor picked on Paul...

He is just upset that Gerald Tanner got waaaay more attention to his work than Paul could ever wet dream of...

Something about proving the BofA was not BofS?

Not even the Fair cats would let him lay that turd in their litter box!

Now, where did I put my violin....

Seriously Paul, what do you hope to even accomplish here when your own ilk want nothing to do with you and your "research" ?

I know a group of religious nut jobs that would accept you. They live in southern Utah and just bought a plot of land that no one else wanted in Texas.. 'sides that it could help with your dating life?

LOL researching the Book of Abraham is about as meaningful as researching The Hobbit, wait, I mean less meaningful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:42 pm 
God

Ray A wrote:
"raising up seed",

that's what young Joe was doing in the grove of trees... his family's shanty was too small for him to not get caught....

Imagine that! The Mormon church was founded by a masturbating teenage boy.

Perhaps that is where polygamy came from?

God told him that old Abraham had a problem with spilling his seed, so god said if he did it while having sex with the young girls he was fantasizing about, then it was ok...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:03 am 
Trojan Tapir wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Nort,

Paul O

Sorry, Paul, but Nort is dead on. You are the type of Mormon that gives all Mormons a bad name. At least the majority of Mormons I know are nice, good, and decent people. You are a disgrace, not only to the people of your fanciful, fraudulent cult, but to the cult itself.

There is merit to your presence here, however. I think I can speak for the majority of ex/non-mormons here when I say that you give us great comfort and reassurance (but are just one of many such sources) in our decision to leave the cult behind.

Your insults don't have any affect on me. I see right through your foolishness and desire to try and make me feel small.

The bottom line: You’re an idiot and a fool. You have the rest of your life to figure that out but after that comes the time when a price must be paid. Now is the day for you to repent and if you don’t repent the night will come when darkness will overtake you – weep and howl – gnash your teeth!

Would you like to stone me? Would you like to see me dragged by a rope? That's not going to happen. So, type on you fool.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:12 am 
liz3564,

The beauty of the Book of Mormon is that it is written plainly wherein even a child can understand the message. Moroni has made it perfectly clear that priestcraft that teaches babies need baptism is a wicked practice. Can you not see that? Any Catholic who believes a child’s soul is lost without baptism is in the gull of bitterness and their iniquity has closed their own eyes to sound reason.

The tone of my letters is just fine by me. I’ve said nothing contrary to the teaching of the scriptures. The purpose of my last post was not to belittle you but to shake you. You need to wake up and realize that Christ brought a sword and with it he will slay the wicked – either in this life or the next.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:17 am 
Tarski wrote:
Paul, I used to think you were a nice guy with a screw slightly loose but I see that the screw has now come completely free and the part it was holding on is rolling on the floor.

Well then, I guess you need to read up on the scriptures. Perhaps you have spent too much time on message boards rather than reading the scriptures and the teachings of the prophets.

What more can I say? Listen, the truth when boldy told always hurts the wicked. The truth will cut right through the heart of those who don't understand the will of God.

And, I really am a nice guy - in real life, that is.

:-)

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:33 am 
Ray A wrote:
In defense of Paul, he is entitled to his opinions. I don't agree with his tough stand on damnation, and specifically that Jerald Tanner is "burning in hell". Paul, you must take the Book of Mormon literally in this, because D&C sections 19 and 76 do not portray the literal views of the Book of Mormon in regard to heaven and hell. I believe that Joseph Smith held a progressive theology, and while you may not agree with this, I think it's evident even today. For example, Brigham Young taught that the only ones who would be exalted are those who enter polygamy. This is not what modern prophets are teaching. The whole of Mormonism has been progressive. The Book of Mormon condemns polygamy, and says it is only for "raising up seed", not as a requirement of exaltation, which section 132 teaches. Too much literalism can get you into trouble.

Ray A,

I believe Alma suffered endless torment during his awful ordeal. He lived to tell about it. Yes, he suffered endless torment because Endless is God’s name and torment can be like a lake of fire burning in ones heart and conscience. These teachings are very express and are meant to cause us serious reflection so that we have no excuse for the penalty that awaits us for choosing wickedness.

WHAT IS ENDLESS PUNISHMENT?

http://www.myegyptology.net/file/id744.htm

Now, as far as Brigham Young was concerned, he was correct. What man that refuses to take on the responsibility given him from God can enter into exaltation? Exaltation is for those who enter into the covenant of eternal marriage whether it is by one wife or by many so long as this is done under the authority of the prophet or those whom he designates to perform the ordinance of marriage. A prophet who holds sealing power can bestow the blessings of plural marriage upon those who God chooses but to those who are not chosen will remain with one wife in this life.

President Young’s teachings on plural marriage were directed to those who were committed to this practice.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:39 am 
Pokatator wrote:
Paul

I thought God was to do the judging. But I guess you've become a God already, at least in your own mind.

So you have a stone in your hand and you are without sin, so cast the first stone.

PS Watch out for ricochets!

Moroni 7

15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:42 am 
Polygamy Porter,

Shove it up you butt. You stink.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:48 am 
Quote:
Obviously, there are times when you need to call people to repentance, but let's be realistic. Those occasions are few and far between. They exist when someone is threatening your personal salvation or the salvation of your family.

I don't really see either of those scenarios existing on either this message board or Kevin's

You have forgotten a lot of the Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants. I urge you to get back to reading them.

Paul O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:02 am 
Valiant A

Paul Osborne wrote:

And, I really am a nice guy - in real life, that is.

Paul O

Hey Paul-

It is an interesting website that you have. Do you currently have a calling in your ward that allows you to teach some of your ideas in a church setting?

Thanks,

Chris <><

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next