It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:12 am 
God

Themis wrote:
LOL 0.00000000000001% further then you. :razz:

You'll no doubt be relieved to know that you do not have to bear the guilt of having forced someone to compose and type out the crushing rejoinder you received above:

https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comm ... _of_cards/

You got no more than the cut and paste you deserve! :wink:

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Incidentally, I spent roughly $7,000 in application fees for my wife for a process that took about three years.

Once again you post stuff without actually having knowledge of facts:

1. You are using "incidentally" wrong...more appropriately would be "coincidentally"...because your anecdote is on topic (for once).
2. $7k seems like a lot, but [deleted] carry greater S&H costs.
3. The rest of your post is nonsense and argues not from ignorance, but with ignorance. Your Brazil anecdote is not indicative, because Visa waivers are governed by State department and several country (south american as well) are on the waiver list (and for the US its a visitor visa not a tourist visa...but your in-depth experience knew that already).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... ogram.html

And you can not get a visitor visa or even a tourist visa if you want employment in the US you dolt...so for an employment visa your "maid" must demonstrate to the consular officer that she will not become a public charge in the United States...ergo financial records. Nevertheless, Brazil is not exempt so a "tourist" needs more than just a passport as a visa...online forms, bwah.

And even if you do not qualify for the many fee waivers offered by the US, the fees are not typically "thousands".

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

[Personal attack against family member deleted — RI]

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm 
God

OK - for a moment I thought it was just my post that had been imprisoned (which seemed odd). Now I see that the post to which it referred has shifted, together with most of the silly insults and pseudo-profanity by another poster.

No problem, then.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm 
Bishop

subgenius wrote:
2. $7k seems like a lot, but [deleted] carry greater S&H costs.

It seems like a lot because it is a lot, especially for poor people coming from Brazil where roughly 3.8 Brazilian dollars (R$ - real) is needed to equal just $1 American. And you haven't gone through the process, all you do is google index pages and make stupid assertions that aren't supported by anything you reference.

Quote:
Your Brazil anecdote is not indicative, because Visa waivers are governed by State department and several country (south american as well) are on the waiver list (and for the US its a visitor visa not a tourist visa...but your in-depth experience knew that already).

No kidding they're governed by the State Dept. How does this in any way negate what I said? Oh, it doesn't. You're just brainstorming irrelevant tangents again.

Quote:
And you can not get a visitor visa or even a tourist visa if you want employment in the US you dolt

Who the hell said anything about "working," you moron? I never once said she was coming here to work. I said explicitly a tourist visa, which by definition means you cannot work. Read your own links moron.

Quote:
...so for an employment visa your "maid" must demonstrate to the consular officer that she will not become a public charge in the United States...ergo financial records

No one said anything about a work visa, but you knew that. You just like hearing yourself type stupid ____.

Quote:
And even if you do not qualify for the many fee waivers offered by the US, the fees are not typically "thousands".

When you add them up throughout the entire process they most certainly are. Again, you speak in ignorance. I remember spending $600 on an application waiver at the Embassy, then $300 again after it went through six months later, then over $1,200 on something else right before we left. It was a constant "pay this much and then wait and see" over the course of three years.

Quote:
[Personal attack on family member deleted. — RI

[Deleted — See Universal Rule 9 — RI] You're just jealous because you googled my wife like you do everything else, and you envy me for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:29 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
No one said anything about a work visa, but you knew that.

yeah, we all "know" that....like when you wrote:

"We have been trying to get a visa for one woman for more than a decade. She was like a second mother to my two oldest kids. She helped take care of them while my wife and I ran the business. But she cannot come to the United States because she doesn't qualify for a Visa. Everyone else in the house qualifies and freely travels back and forth, but she has to stay back home. Why? Because she's a maid. The embassy said she would need to prove she had at least $10,000 sitting in a Brazilian bank account before they'd ever consider letting a maid come on a tourist visa. "

You are trying to get your maid a visa under the guise of a visitor visa because its more cost effective for you [Family member attack deleted — RI] Dude, immigration official is not a moron and by your own anecdote you are admitting trying to get "your maid" in the country via fraud. You are a joke brah.

Get your visa stories straight and quit making up crap because no one is fooled...except Mrs One-eye....or misses one eye, whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:41 pm 
God

Chap wrote:
OK - for a moment I thought it was just my post that had been imprisoned (which seemed odd). Now I see that the post to which it referred has shifted, together with most of the silly insults and pseudo-profanity by another poster.

No problem, then.

That's correct. RI

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:13 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
You are trying to get your maid a visa under the guise of a visitor visa because its more cost effective for you [Family member attack deleted — RI] Dude, immigration official is not a moron and by your own anecdote you are admitting trying to get "your maid" in the country via fraud.

Yuk. It's clear that this woman is a family friend that they want to have visit them. (Yes, people who you pay to look after your kinds can become friends ... )

You degrade yourself by posting vicious bile like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:23 pm 
God

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:
You are trying to get your maid a visa under the guise of a visitor visa because its more cost effective for you [Family Member Attack deleted — RI]Dude, immigration official is not a moron and by your own anecdote you are admitting trying to get "your maid" in the country via fraud.

Yuk. It's clear that this woman is a family friend that they want to have visit them. (Yes, people who you pay to look after your kinds can become friends ... )

you idiot, the facts don't agree with his story...a visitor Visa doesn't require the financial responsibility that a work Visa requires .....heis either lying or ignorant...most likely both. Check yourself fool.

Clearly trying to get his servant in the country under false pretenses....so white of him being such a good friend to "the help"....but he pays her so little she can't afford the work visa....friendship doesn't show up on bank records, eh? 336,000 Brazilian immigrants in 2014, that's a whole lotta rich Brazilians according to you morons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:26 pm 
Bishop

[Deleted — See Universal Rule 9 — RI]

[Please do not use red as an emphasis color — RI]

Rule 4.

Quote:
Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.

You don't think that calling my children "entitled brats," my wife a "mail-order bride" whom I paid money for, or calling my dear friend a "servant" qualifies as derailing a thread?

Maybe you can explain why it is against the rule to disparage some Japanese band but not a poster's wife and kids. Subs does this regularly. That's the kind of person he is. He has also, on several occasions.

Subs is such a ____ coward, good thing he has you here to protect him huh.

[Deleted. See Universal Rule 9 -- RI

Last edited by Hawkeye on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm 
Bishop

subgenius wrote:
you idiot, the facts don't agree with his story...a visitor Visa doesn't require the financial responsibility that a work Visa requires .....heis either lying or ignorant...most likely both. Check yourself fool.

Clearly trying to get his servant in the country under false pretenses....so white of him being such a good friend to "the help"....but he pays her so little she can't afford the work visa....friendship doesn't show up on bank records, eh? 336,000 Brazilian immigrants in 2014, that's a whole lotta rich Brazilians according to you morons.

You have no experience with any of this and are limited to googled guidelines, oblivious to the fact that the folks working at the Consulate have the discretion to do whatever the ____ they want if they have the slightest doubt you're going to the USA with no intention of returning. This is why it is a constant interrogation, they're always trying to trip you up on something so they can use that as an excuse to deny a visa request. The interrogations get more intense the poorer the applicant. Wealthy people don't have to worry about this. My brother-in law only screwed himself because he told the person at the consulate that he was going to the USA to attend his sister's wedding. Had he said just Disneyland, he would have been granted passage like the 6 times before. But being 100% honest is what screwed him over this go around. They decided to get back at her by denying his visa and then after arguing for 10 minutes they decided to change their mind, saying he could go but his wife and kids couldn't. Where are your googled guidelines explaining this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:51 pm 
Bishop

How much bank balance is mandatory for applying a US tourist visa?
Visa Guide, Top Visa & Immigration Consultants

Quote:
Honestly, there is not a fixed number that can be determined for this answer.

What consular wants to know is,

Whether your purpose of visit is tourism only, and whether you will be back to your home country immediately post satisfying that purpose.

Whether you have roots back in your home country, and whether these roots will bring you back to your home country or not after your trip.

Whether you have sufficient funds to support your trip to US or not.

Whether you will use your tourism visa for immigration purpose.

As long as you are being truthful to yourself and honest about your visit to US by proving above mentioned points, consular will not hesitate to approve your tourism visa. But even a small doubt and your visa will be rejected.

One way to prove these points is through your financial documents (shares, property, FDs etc) and that is where the question of bank statement comes into picture. But as mentioned in previous answer by Kathryn Berck, many of the time the person who is sponsoring the trip is not the person who is travelling, so in most of the cases consular would ignore your bank statements.

However, it is important to have consistency in your bank statements before applying for your visa.

I highlighted that sentence because it is funny. It should go without saying that being 100% truthful doesn't mean they'll instantly approve your visa if they believe you're too poor to support yourself while in the country. This woman was told specifically that her bank account didn't have enough funds and she would need at least 10k. You can find these kinds of Q&A's all over the web and they'll all tell you the same thing, that there isn't a fixed number written in stone. This is true, but I never said the 10k applied to all applicants as an "official" rule. I said this woman was told she needed that because of her social status. The consular had a hard time believing she would ever willingly return to Brazil. My brother-in law who is a judge probably never had to provide any bank statements.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:12 pm 
Bishop

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/vi ... h_2015.pdf

The required presumption under U.S. law is that every visitor visa applicant is an intending immigrant until they demonstrate otherwise. Therefore, applicants for visitor visas must overcome this presumption by demonstrating:

• That the purpose of their trip is to enter the United States temporarily for business or pleasure;
• That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period;
Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
• That they have a residence outside the United States as well as other binding ties that will ensure their departure from the United States at the end of the visit.

So obviously coming on a tourist visa as a poor person with limited resources is going to require much more effort to convince the Consular you plan to return.
==============================

It is worth pointing out that R$10,000 Reis in dollar right now is about $2,600 American.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm 
God

Thank you RI for putting some posters at ease whilst they clutch their pearls and cluck their teeth since following a narrative appears to be beyond their faculties. Whew!

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:25 pm 
Bishop

Rule 4.

Quote:
Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.

You don't think that calling my children "entitled brats," my wife a "mail-order bride" whom I paid money for, or calling my dear friend a "servant" qualifies as derailing a thread?

Maybe you can explain why it is against the rule to disparage some Japanese band but not a poster's wife and kids. Subs does this regularly. That's the kind of person he is.

Deleted. See Universal Rule 9 -- RI

Last edited by Hawkeye on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 pm 
God

Hawkeye,

What would you do with that information?

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:

Rule 4.

Quote:

Maybe you can explain why it is against the rule to disparage some Japanese band but not a poster's wife and kids. Subs does this regularly. That's the kind of person he is.

[Deleted. See UR 9 -- RI]

I had deleted the comments about your wife and have deleted those about your kids. If there are posts that you consider to be a derail, please indicate them by using the report button. As to the Perfume rule, I don’t write ‘'em. I just enforce ‘'em.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
It is worth pointing out that R$10,000 Reis in dollar right now is about $2,600 American.

it's also worth mentioning that your backpedaling isn't working... your post clearly stated $10,000 not R$10,000 or $2,600.

You are certainly entrenched (even lying to yourself at this point), but I'll admit that your tale's evolution is entertaining..... spinning but entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:21 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Hawkeye wrote:

Actually, no. Those count as personal attacks, not derailments. Both are against the rules, though.

Quote:
Maybe you can explain why it is against the rule to disparage some Japanese band but not a poster's wife and kids.

In actuality, it is against the rules to disparage a poster's wife and kids. Rule #2 for the Terrestrial and Spirit Paradise fora states, No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 am 
God

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:
You are trying to get your maid a visa under the guise of a visitor visa because its more cost effective for you ...

subgenius wrote:
... idiot ... fool.

Clearly trying to get his servant in the country under false pretenses....so white of him being such a good friend to "the help"....but he pays her so little she can't afford the work visa. ...

Nope. As Hawkeye has already made clear, this woman has a good job working for someone else as a maid in Brazil. She has not worked for him since he left Brazil. But since maids anywhere, even if they are decently paid by the standards of domestic work, are unlikely to create large bank balances, she has no hope of getting a US visa to pay his family a visit.

Maybe time for subgenius to stop making himself looking (at best) a bit confused on this topic by posting in this way?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 am 
Bishop

subgenius wrote:
it's also worth mentioning that your backpedaling isn't working... your post clearly stated $10,000 not R$10,000 or $2,600.

For your information, Brazilian citizens don't have "dollars" in their Brazilian bank accounts you d__a__. This should go without saying.

subgenius wrote:
You are certainly entrenched (even lying to yourself at this point), but I'll admit that your tale's evolution is entertaining..... spinning but entertaining.

Backpedaling? You're the one who disappeared for a day [Deleted]. Probably the smartest thing you've done in years.

The fact is I'm done with your constant berating of my family. You've been doing it off and on for years and I've been tolerating it up to this point, but no longer. We all know you'd never do it if you weren't hiding behind a pseudonym. [Deleted]

Last edited by Res Ipsa on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
In actuality, it is against the rules to disparage a poster's wife and kids. Rule #2 for the Terrestrial and Spirit Paradise fora states, No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.

So, when almost every post from a poster includes a personal attack like "you F-ing coward", "you F-ing stupid", or "you F-ing nazi" have they also violated RULES FOR THE TERRESTRIAL FORUM AND THE SPIRIT PARADISE FORUM- #3.Do not use the "F" or "S" words or any of their many variants. Altering the spelling or substituting a symbol for a character does not give you a free pass to disregard this rule.?

I assume that the modern evolution of PG and PG-13 kinda broadens the scope of rule #1, but #3 seems kinda clear.

As a proclamation, and in appreciation for the mods' efforts, I will make the necessary effort to align with Rule #3 Celestial Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next