It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mel Reynolds has given up on America
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:13 am 
God

Former Democratic congressman Mel Reynolds says that he has “given up on America” and will move to Africa after he serves his latest prison sentence.

But Mel Reynolds was not the only one with things to say about this latest conviction for failing to file tax returns on more than $400,000 he received in consultant fees. “It’s a tragedy that you squandered the opportunities you had and the type of person you could have become,” federal Judge Robert Gettleman scolded him in court.

Reynolds represented Illinois’ 2nd Congressional District from January 1993 to October 1995. That is when he was convicted of the statutory rape of a 16-year-old worker in his campaign. Later, he was also convicted of funneling money for voter registration drives into his campaign and concealing various debts.

The former congressman acted as his own defense and argued that his prior convictions should not be counted against him in the sentencing. “The question is,” Reynolds asked, “how long does a person have to pay for mistakes?” He also attempted to contrast his misdeeds with his time in the military and fathering three children.

Reynolds was convicted of four counts of not filing tax returns on money that the prosecution claims he received while consulting for Chicago businessmen in Zimbabwe. He has been credited the two months already served in jail, so he will likely only serve another four months. The maximum penalty would have seen him behind bars for another four years.

Still, Reynolds does not believe he should serve any time at all. In fact, he is pretty certain his time there is the result of racism. “To put me in jail serves what purpose?” he asked the judge. “To teach me a lesson? … I’ve been taught about this racist society … every day of my life.” Then, “I’m going home to Africa,” he told reporters outside of the court. “I’ve given up on America because how long do African-Americans put up with this nonsense?”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... n-america/

Do most of you liberals agree that Mr. Reynolds problems are solely due to racism.

I do wish you luck in Africa Mr. Reynolds. We'll be so sorry to lose you here. Any chance you might be able to persuade EAllusion and Hawkeye to go with you?

Post subject: Re: Mel Reynolds has given up on America
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 am 
Bishop

Brietbart = worthless propaganda

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:37 am 
God

Hawkeye wrote:

an illogical, and often ignorant, argument is one that seeks to discredit the messenger instead of the message. Likewise, and conversely, the fox usually gets in the henhouse because of the message (see also cult of Obama).

nevertheless, is your post disputing the facts presented in the opening post?

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 am 
God

What about USA Today?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 598489002/

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:40 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Do most of you liberals agree that Mr. Reynolds problems are solely due to racism.

I see no reason to think Mr Reynolds problems are solely due to racism.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:28 pm 
God

huckelberry wrote:
ajax18 wrote:

Mr Reynolds disagrees with you.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:19 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Former Democratic congressman Mel Reynolds says that he has “given up on America” and will move to Africa after he serves his latest prison sentence.

I do not envision Mr. Reynolds as at the front of a wave of immigrants moving back to Africa. There have always been people who have not felt accepted in the United States. In Mr. Reynold's case, acceptance may hinge on moving to a country where he can start fresh, with prospects of incarceration starting in a land where he has no prior arrests. Few will bemoan his departure.

- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 pm 
God

Quote:

Thank you. It's too bad Hawkeye can't see this as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:24 pm 
God

Mel Reynolds is a total piece of ____. Can you agree Donald Trump is also a giant turd monster?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 pm 
Bishop

subgenius wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

an illogical, and often ignorant, argument is one that seeks to discredit the messenger instead of the message. Likewise, and conversely, the fox usually gets in the henhouse because of the message (see also cult of Obama).

nevertheless, is your post disputing the facts presented in the opening post?

It isn't an argument d__a__, it is a statement of fact. Few people know who this guy is and even fewer really care if he moves to Africa. But this is front page stuff for Brietbart because it feeds their narrative that all things black and "Liberal" are evil and stupid. Oh, so you found a black criminal "liberal" who said he doesn't like America anymore? That's just pure gold for a Brietbart "journalist" and especially now that they desperately need stupid stories like this to take attention away from the trainwreck they elected President.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:39 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
...to take attention away from the trainwreck they elected President.

sez the hair fire that hasn't noticed all the judicial nominations, tax laws, and countless other actual policies that have been implemented while you fanboyed over Obama and double dribbled over Stormy.

You are like a tourist at a streetside 3 card monte table.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:38 pm 
Bishop

subgenius wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
...to take attention away from the trainwreck they elected President.

sez the hair fire that hasn't noticed all the judicial nominations, tax laws, and countless other actual policies that have been implemented while you fanboyed over Obama and double dribbled over Stormy.

You are like a tourist at a streetside 3 card monte table.

Passing train wreck type laws and appointing train wreck type nominees is supposed to prove he's not a trainwreck President?

Now there's some Republican logic for ya. You're like the biggest troll or just the dumbest mother ____ this forum has ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:43 pm 
Bishop

Gotta love how idiots like substupid act like Brietbart hasn't already been shown to be a worthless propaganda rag designed to rile up the racist underbelly of this nation. So every time you point out its worthlessness and fake news, they go "that ain't an argument!"

As if the argument hadn't already been made, and won many years ago already.