It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From: The hardening of positions on the 2nd Amendment
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 am 
Dragon

subgenius wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Personally I don't think Justice Stevens did those seeking regulation any favors with his op-ed. Those of us that just want to do things like, expand background checks, expand registration programs, restrict ammunition sales can do so while keeping the 2nd intact.

Frankly there is absolutely no politically viable path to amending the constitution currently, whether it is the 2nd or something entirely different. Too much bi-partisan cooperation is required for it to be feasible. I understand Stevens point, that for lasting and permanent change the 2nd will have to be looked at but we just aren't there as a country.

All these calls to remove the 2nd do is provide the cover the NRA and their ilk need to claim that is what librulz REALLY want with these proposed legislations. Polling averages show that some 80+% of the population is in favor of expanding background checks, maybe just start with that before we derail into the "take all the guns" stuff.

Having a majority in favor of expanding background checks does not equal "good solution". In fact, it seems that gun violence has been increasing as gun regulation has increased (see how easy it is to justify silly stuff?). Nevertheless, as most reasonable minds would understand...guns are not the problem...just like drugs aren't the problem. Anti-gun activists are no different than those homosexuality rehab clinics that believe that if we isolate the faggot from other faggots then there won't be any gay sex acts....i mean, sodomy is still illegal in many places, right?...and if you believe homosexuality is a sickness would the cure be found in more penis regulations?

Homosexuality is not a sickness, you dolt. Do you have feelings for Ted Nugent and Donald Trump? Nothing wrong with that, but you may find it hard to win them over.

Trying to understand this world;
But I cast at swine all my pearls,
I cast at swine all my pearls.

Post subject: Re: The hardening of positions on the 2nd Amendment
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
...(SNIP)...gun violence would actually be worse were it not for the laws in place.

My comment was not one of prophecy but of history. "Would have" is arguable since the history does not support such a conclusion (even though you missed the point of me providing that example). Point being, a theoretical stab at the future is irrelevant and is tantamount to my example for how gun violence has, in fact, increased as gun regulations have increased....and heck, as gun regulation has increased so has there been an increase in gun sales and gun production.

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:09 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Homosexuality is not a sickness, you dolt. Do you have feelings for Ted Nugent and Donald Trump? Nothing wrong with that, but you may find it hard to win them over.

Your posts have glimpses of entertainment but their meme-skill is weak...nevertheless, there is no evidence or proof that homosexuality is or is not a sickness...in fact, ignoring the blatant hypothetical in my cited post, the point still remains - and that point is that your posts support penis regulations.

[Picture of "Penis Gun" deleted]

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:23 pm 
Dragon

Actually, you appear to have homosexual tendencies, being obsessed with penises and all. And penis regulations went out the window for the most part, though some backwards states still have old laws on the books. You revel in ignorance. It's such a strange thing to do. But to each his own.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm 
Dragon

And of course the Republicans, if anyone were ever stupid enough to put those kinds of regulations on the books, would be screaming "they want to take our penises away." It's actually a rather lame analogy, but you're rather good at that.