It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionaries
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
That's from page two.

- Doc

Troll! In my state the age of consent is 16. The 20 year old teachers shouldn't go to prison for having consensual sex with 16-17 year olds because it is NOT RAPE.

Nice try idiot! Get back to me when you find something like "adults should have sex with small boys".

Hey Doc. Why aren't you responding to what I wrote above?

Post subject: Re: From: MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doc needs to realize that false criminal accusations are something very serious. You never play with that. I don't have all day to respond to Doc.

From page 6 of DT's insane thread:

Quote:
I was just trying to make valid points 1. [hot] Teachers shouldn't be arrested [for ____ ing young boys] 2. gays shouldn't be arrested in x-theaters [for ____ ing in public]

- Doc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
From page 6 of DoubtingThomas's insane thread:c

and I also wrote

Quote:
Attractive teachers shouldn't go to jail, only the ugly ones!

Law and order

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:07 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

From page 6 of DoubtingThomas's insane thread:

Hey do me a favor! Before I leave please create thread in the spirit paradise section quoting my valid points. You are making me look smart.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:11 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

From page 6 of DoubtingThomas's insane thread:

Hey do me a favor! Before I leave please create thread in the spirit paradise section quoting my valid points. You are making me look smart.

Sorry, DT. You are perfectly free to start a thread in Paradise that contains whatever points you want to make, as long as you stay within the rules for Paradise.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 pm 
God

Update: I just talked to my Internet lawyers and they're willing to drop all lawsuits against Doubting Thomas for his scurrilous and inflammatory rhetoric against me. We've notified the Internet FBI to cease and desist all investigations into Doubting Thomas' accusations. They agreed as long as Doubting Thomas never uses the power of the Internet to silence our First Amendment right to have an open and free dialogue on Mormon Discussion Board threads again.

Respectfully,

Dr. Cameron, North Carolina for Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
That's just from page one you ____ ing weirdo.

I learned my lesson and it is best not to engage in a conversation with you anymore. You misrepresented my words and you quoted me out of context, your actions could have serious real world consequences. Not funny! Just stop!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 am 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
That's just from page one you ____ ing weirdo.

I learned my lesson and it is best not to engage in a conversation with you anymore. You misrepresented my words and you quoted me out of context, your actions could have serious real world consequences. Not funny! Just stop!

Oh. I was going to stop until you decided to post that hateful aspersion. Be careful because I have my attack dog Internet lawyers and private security firm on retainer, buddy.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 am 
God

Obsessively wondering where oh where the age of consent should fall Doubting Thomas muses openly:

Quote:
Now the age of consent is decided by politicians, but I believe it is medical doctors and psychologist that should make the decision, not us. If doctors come to the conclusion that it should be 15, 16, 18, 21, or even 25 I will accept it because I am open minded. I highly doubt doctors would decide lower than 15. In Germany and other countries the age of consent is 15 and 14 thought.

Given the context he provided in his own thread that he "dated" a 13-year-old when he was 16, who, according to him, can't provide consent with the statement above, seems concerning at the very least.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 am 
God

On page 8. Just a funny aside:

Quote:
Yes! we need to elect scientists, not religious idiots. Mark Zuckerberg 2020

Back to wondering whether or not a 15-year-old is an adult:

Quote:
What is the evidence that adulthood should start at 18? and not 15,16, 19, 21, 25

Settling on 15-years-old if the person doesn't regret it:

Quote:
Because he ran away with a 15 year old student and had sex with her. It also appears he took advantage and manipulated her. However, I probably don't see it as rape because she stated: "I don't regret it" months after returning home.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 am 
God

All right. Page 10... And at this point I'm not sure really what's going with the thread. We got people confused whether or not post-pubescent kids can consent, we have people wondering if children are more adult than adults, and we're wondering if only ugly people can manipulate teens into sex. Wtf.

eta: This was actually a really great post by Honor I think deserves posting again:

honorentheos wrote:
I made a post earlier that you didn't respond to that is relevant here. In that post, I had noted that Mormonism does a terrible job of providing it's adherents with tools for being moral agents making difficult moral judgements. This being because it makes morality a question of boundaries where there is an authority telling a person where a line is, and the person being responsible for staying on the "good" side of the line.

In the case of chastity, the line is defined by marriage in Mormonism. And sex between married (and I guess heterosexual) partners is a-ok but other types of sex is not. It also draws a line for gay v. heterosexual intimacy that overrides the marriage line. But in all cases, it's about lines drawn by authority. When Mormons recount stories of BYU students trying to overly-legally interpret this and find a loophole by running off to Vegas for a quick marriage, sex, and annulment, they usually describe what occurred as morally wrong because they dismiss the marriage as not being an actual marriage.

Your comments in this and other posts focus on another line - the legal one where a person is understood to have committed rape - and you complain about the authority that drew this line, the logic behind the line that was drawn, and demonstrate that you believe that if only the right authority were to intervene then the appropriate line could be drawn where it is clear on which side of the line is rape, and the other side of the line is a-ok.

Your thinking is still that of a person with poor moral agency and moral judgment making skills. I'm avoiding the discussion about the rape-line position for two reasons: 1) EAllusion is doing an excellent job explaining why the legal system can't make a perfect judgement here at the point where the perfect line could be drawn. It's not possible for all the reasons EAllusion has noted. But it's also necessary that there be a line to protect the vulnerable. And 2) I am trying to refocus your view of this away from the Mormon legalistic approach that makes you creepy as ____, and demonstrate how normal people approach the subject.

So when you ask if an 18+ year old person could be vulnerable, not only is the answer yes obviously, but that this should also tell the decent human being that it would be wrong to take advantage of their vulnerability for their own personal gain including having sex with that person. It could be two 40 year olds and this would apply. The vulnerable person could see an apparently caring and nice person, feel attractions and initiate intimacy with no question of legal consent, and in my view it would still be unethical for the other person to use that to get sex from them knowing they were vulnerable at the time.

Ethics isn't a science, it's a hard debated philosophical subject but it's where I suggest you move your thinking to and away from the question of what is legally permissible.

So, as a human being rather than a law enforcement officer or judge, this dialog shows how your focus on legality is missing a much more critical point for you as an individual and one that contributes to your perceived creepiness -

DoubtingThomas wrote:
I am against manipulation and imbalance of power Jersey Girl, I am not avoiding it. I think 20 year old teachers shouldn't be arrested for consensual sex, unless there is evidence of manipulation or coercion.

Some day when you are a judge, lawyer or a law enforcement officer, I wish you the best in figuring out how to deal with the complexities of applying justice in a complex non-binary world. Until then, as a teenage boy figuring out how to operate in a world where God is no longer the authority figure you seek to tell you right from wrong, keep far away from the legal lines because there is no authority that can define it for you in a way that will satisfy this need. And dig into becoming a moral agent with a well thought out ethical foundation. When it comes to intimacy, I would strongly advise assessing the other person's vulnerability rather than their consent. If they've had too much to drink, they're vulnerable. If they've come to you for affection that is really missing in their lives, give them attention and non-sexual affection with full acknowledgement you can't accept their sexual interest when you feel you'd be taking advantage of their trust and vulnerability. If they are young, they are vulnerable and you should be the adult even if you may or may not be one by legal definition of your age.

Do that, and you won't be a creepier, possibly becoming someone with a recognized integrity in life that will serve you well in many ways. Keep focusing on the legal line and attacking it and you will keep being a creepy dude.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Oh. I was going to stop until you decided to post that hateful aspersion. Be careful because I have my attack dog Internet lawyers and private security firm on retainer, buddy.

- Doc

You can quote me all you want, just stop quoting out of context.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Given the context he provided in his own thread that he "dated" a 13-year-old when he was 16, who, according to him, can't provide consent with the statement above, seems concerning at the very least.

- Doc

You are doing it again. Quoting me out of context. Quote the Full thing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 pm 
God

Doc,

As I said you can keep quoting all you need to make me look smart, but don't quote me out of context and don't misrepresent what I am saying like you are doing. Go find a job dude. It is not worth it to troll someone you don't even know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:46 pm 
God

Why did you start a new thread that covers virtually the same questions and issues you had in a previous thread that spanned 18 pages?

What was the point of this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48786

?

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why did you start a new thread that covers virtually the same questions and issues you had in a previous thread that spanned 18 pages?

I had to create a new thread because you keep quoting me out of context and misrepresenting my words. As for the age of consent it is our law the defines it and we as citizens must respect the law, but it doesn't mean we can't get a scientific or medical confirmation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm 
God

Now please stop quoting me out of context (quote the entire thing) because someone gets into a lot of trouble. Doc, it is possible to trace you. Someone can easily hack you and me, you can't be completely anonymous unless you are using Tor.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm 
God

Yeah, it was already discussed for 18 pages. Why are you so obsessed with hot teachers banging their students?

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Now please stop quoting me out of context (quote the entire thing) because someone gets into a lot of trouble. Doc, it is possible to trace you. Someone can easily hack you and me, you can't be completely anonymous unless you are using Tor.

That's it. I'm on the phone right now with my Internet lawyers. I warned you about this, Doubting Thomas.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Yeah, it was already discussed for 18 pages. Why are you so obsessed with hot teachers banging their students?

- Doc

Well, to be clear to you Mr. Doc. I am not a teacher and will never be one. Okay! It just bothers me to see it in the national news every day okay!

and I am not gay. I like women okay. and I am not obsessed. I would have never started a new thread if you didn't constantly misrepresent my words.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

That's it. I'm on the phone right now with my Internet lawyers. I warned you about this, Doubting Thomas.

- Doc

Well, I guess for you it don't matter to quote someone out of context. Quoting someone out of context can ruin someone's life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next