It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: From: MTC President Sexually Assaulted Sister Missionar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:17 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Yeah, it was already discussed for 18 pages. Why are you so obsessed with hot teachers banging their students?

- Doc

Discussed for 18 pages, but had to create a new topic because you keep quoting me out of context and misrepresenting my words with your commentary.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 pm 
God

I just got off the phone with my guys. They said if you apologize they'll put their motion on ice for the time being.

And if you're not Gay why were you at a XXX theater where Gays were looking at you like they wanted to "rape" you, and why were you at a theater where Gay guys were arrested for having public sex?

If you're Gay it's ok. We're open-minded here at MormonDiscussions.com.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
And if you're not Gay why were you at a XXX theater where Gays were looking at you like they wanted to "rape" you, and why were you at a theater where Gay guys were arrested for having public sex?

Is there anything morally wrong with sex in the XXX theater? I am not going back to the XXX theater because I am not gay.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
If you're Gay it's ok. We're open-minded here at MormonDiscussions.com - Doc

I am not gay or bi. I only like women.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I just got off the phone with my guys. They said if you apologize they'll put their motion on ice for the time being.

Let's get this over with this please. I apologize for saying you hate women, but I do not appreciate that you keep quoting me out of context, and I don't appreciate your straw-man commentary of my comments.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 pm 
God

So if I say murderers shouldn't get the death penalty, would it mean I support murder? Of course not. It's the same for the teachers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:36 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
So if I say murderers shouldn't get the death penalty, would it mean I support murder? Of course not. It's the same for the teachers.

I think teachers who murder should go to jail.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 pm 
God

Doc. Please don't quote me out of context again. I ask you in the nicest way possible.

For example you quoted me

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Settling on 15-years-old if the person doesn't regret it:

Quote:
Because he ran away with a 15 year old student and had sex with her. It also appears he took advantage and manipulated her. However, I probably don't see it as rape because she stated: "I don't regret it" months after returning home.

- Doc

But the Full context is

Quote:
honorentheos wrote:
what is it about Cummins' behavior that you view justifies his doing some time [in prison]?

Because he ran away with a 15 year old student and had sex with her. It also appears he took advantage and manipulated her. However, I probably don't see it as rape because she stated: "I don't regret it" months after returning home. It seems there is no evidence of physical or mental harm, so in my view it doesn't make sense sentencing him 10+ years [10 years minimum as stated before], but I could be wrong.

I did say Cummins needs to be punished in prison, but a life sentence (a minimum of 10+ years) could be excessive. The only point I was trying to make.

Now please stop. I really don't wish to continue with this conversation.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I think teachers who murder should go to jail.

- Doc

Why not the death penalty?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 pm 
God

I'm just ____ in' with ya, dude. I do think it's weird that you're bringing up this particular topic repeatedly, but I kind of view you as a young kid who was raised in a very strict Mormon environment trying to figure out what's right and wrong.

Do you have any plans to get out into the world and get a break from Mormonism? A lot of us who were born and raised Mormon had to learn what normal looked like because of our sheltered upbringings.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I'm just ____ in' with ya, dude. I do think it's weird that you're bringing up this particular topic repeatedly, but I kind of view you as a young kid who was raised in a very strict Mormon environment trying to figure out what's right and wrong.

Why is it weird? Read the War on Sex book. Prisons are making a lot of money by having a war on drugs and sex. For our society a drunk urinating somewhere is next to a serial rapist.

And there is nothing morally good about sending a teacher to prison for many years for f*** with some smart @SS that manipulated her in the first place. As New York Times reporter points out "schoolteachers who foolishly fell in love with one of their students; men who urinated in public, or were caught having sex in remote areas of public parks after dark" are punished for the rest of their lives.

Every time I see Yahoo news I see a story like that, and no one is talking about the war on sex problem. How is it not a big deal?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 am 
Founder & Visionary

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Prisons are making a lot of money by having a war on drugs and sex.

Prisons are funded by tax dollars, so they don't "make" any money. They have no stockholders, so there's no profit.

--Runtu, 06-29-2018

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Prisons are making a lot of money by having a war on drugs and sex.

Prisons are funded by tax dollars, so they don't "make" any money. They have no stockholders, so there's no profit.

I think he was referring to for profit prisons. https://www.aclu.org/issues/mass-incarc ... te-prisons

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:01 pm 
God

Public prisons have people in them who make money by virtue of what they do. Consistently the one of the biggest opponents of proposals to reduce sentencing or decriminalize things like Marijuana are prison guard unions. The more people in prison, the better their job security and the more demand there is on their labor.

The prison might not make money off the war on drugs, but the prison employees sure as heck do and it is not coincidental that one of the most reliable groups of people for supporting the drug war are prison employees.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
Consistently the one of the biggest opponents of proposals to reduce sentencing or decriminalize things like Marijuana are prison guard unions. The more people in prison, the better their job security and the more demand there is on their labor.

FINALLY!!! EAllusion finally makes a coherent point.

Public unions don’t have the public’s best interest in mind. EAllusion just capsulized the entire basis of government unions, liberals and their fear of efficiency, accountability, reason, and being judged on ability.

Finally some clear thinking from EAllusion!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm 
Founder & Visionary

EAllusion wrote:
Public prisons have people in them who make money by virtue of what they do. Consistently the one of the biggest opponents of proposals to reduce sentencing or decriminalize things like Marijuana are prison guard unions. The more people in prison, the better their job security and the more demand there is on their labor.

Not in my direct experience. Do you have a link or two to verify this?

Quote:
The prison might not make money off the war on drugs, but the prison employees sure as heck do and it is not coincidental that one of the most reliable groups of people for supporting the drug war are prison employees.

Again, not in my direct experience. Far from it.

--Runtu, 06-29-2018

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Not in my direct experience. Do you have a link or two to verify this?

To combine this with the board's most recent focus on California, the largest financial contributor to the campaign against legalization of marijuana in California, by far, was from police and prison guard unions:

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/18/ca- ... a-measure/

This was true in each previous instance of propositions attempting to loosen marijuana laws in the state if you want to look it up.

This is actually true of laws that keep people in prison in general in California, and when they've lost, they've advocated for other policies that keep prison expenses relatively high:

http://reason.com/archives/2017/06/09/p ... a-taxpayer

On the subject of marijuana legalization, this nationally remains true, with pharmaceutical companies being the other major backer of opposition:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/j5v ... galization

In fact, prison guard unions tend to be as potent of a force for pro-imprisonment policy as private prisons.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/22/what- ... sector-pri

The idea that private prisons have a financial motive for pro-imprisonment policies, but there is no such motive in the case of public prisons is false.

I know you are a prison guard, but I don't know where. It is absolutely the case that that prison guard unions tend to try to politically advocate for policy that gives them more work. And one thing that gives them more work is making it so people have to be in prison. This is a heck of a malincentive when that advocacy runs counter to what is just and fair.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 am 
God

Bach wrote:
Public unions don’t have the public’s best interest in mind.

So? Private unions don't. Business owners don't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am 
Founder & Visionary

Thank you for those links. Interesting. . . and concerting.

In my state, our "union" isn't really a union because it doesn't have the power to go on strike, being under the umbrella of first responders. All it can do is advocate to the best of its ability and raise awareness to legislators. Even so, it has never advocated for any policy to make it EASIER to go to, or stay in, prison. Literally every effort has been geared toward ensuring offenders have the tools necessary to never come back to prison.

--Runtu, 06-29-2018

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thank you for those links. Interesting. . . and concerting.

In my state, our "union" isn't really a union because it doesn't have the power to go on strike, being under the umbrella of first responders. All it can do is advocate to the best of its ability and raise awareness to legislators. Even so, it has never advocated for any policy to make it EASIER to go to, or stay in, prison. Literally every effort has been geared toward ensuring offenders have the tools necessary to never come back to prison.

It's nice when there's a focus on rehabilitation and recidivism. My judges were big on doing a 120-day "shock/ treatment program." My clients said they routinely sat in groups, during the program, talking about how great it was to do drugs. I wish my state would do more.