It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Derail: Voting--which would be the more powerful stateme
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Schmo, Lemmie, Jersey, is this the link? http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... _#p1077549

Man, that thread got stupid... and fast.

You're not kidding! I didn't realize that a mod participated in it so much--it's surprising it wasn't just moved at the time. Seems like a far simpler solution.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:09 am 
God

Having read the full thread in question, I felt comfortable moving it in its entirety to Spirit Prison. There's plenty of Spirit Paradise conversation in it, but there's also a chunk borderline material and occasional clear Prison-ish comments that you can't split without completely breaking the coherency of the discussion. I tend to favor splitting, but this one does seem appropriate to just move.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 pm 
Founder & Visionary

honorentheos wrote:
My impression of this is, generally speaking, the moderator team isn't thrilled about having to go around censoring the f-word and s-word in posts but Shades seems to think that it will make the Terrestrial and Paradise forums more attractive to Mormon participants.

Not necessarily, but please give me some time to address this in more detail.

Quote:
I suspect this may even be the thing he was excited about seeing getting underway when Res came on as a mod. And when this activity drew complaints such as seen at the start of this thread with Jersey Girl, it put them in an unenviable position of trying to first deflect from the topic since neither EAllusion nor RI seem to want to spend their time doing this but are obligated to as Shades's moderators, followed by having to defend an activity that they don't seem to agree with at a personal level.

Any complaints were due to miscommunication on my part. I'll give more detail later, but first I need to continue reading and weighing the various statements made in this thread. (This quick response from me is just as much a reminder to myself to NOT let your post go unanswered.)

Quote:
Short answer to all this, in my mind, is that the moderator team doesn't have an obligation to answer questions on it in any capacity. Shades needs to own this . . .

I own it. They are saddled with enough expectations from me as it is; I can't reasonably expect them to account (or apologize!) for MY thought processes. Should they decline to explain themselves, feel free to ask me what's up and I'll step in.

Quote:
and frankly, I think he ought to go back to letting the censor do it's thing with the realization folks like mentalgymnast come here to remind themselves of how depraved leaving the church makes a person. The swearing is one of the main attractions... :wink: Seriously, though. It can't be worth the mod's time to do this. And it just creates ill will.

Like I said, more on this is forthcoming.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:41 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Dear participants,

You have been heard. From this point forward:

• All instances of swear words will be left intact for the word censor to catch. The only ones that will be edited out will be the ones in which the poster evaded the word censor.
  • Any communications to moderators via reports will be kept in strict confidence.
  • When you discuss issues regarding moderators and moderating, any moderators involved will be in "moderator mode," even if they use black text.
  • Yes, consistency is the goal, to the extent we are able.
  • When fielding questions about moderators or moderating, all answers will be direct and to the point.

If you found the contents of this thread to be less-than-optimal, or if anything said here caused you to lose faith in the moderation, it was due to my failure to properly communicate my wishes to my moderators.

So, that's on me, not them, and you have my apologies.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:25 pm 
God

Thank you, Shades. Your words are so much appreciated.

:-)

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:04 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Dear participants,

You have been heard. From this point forward:

• All instances of swear words will be left intact for the word censor to catch. The only ones that will be edited out will be the ones in which the poster evaded the word censor.
  • Any communications to moderators via reports will be kept in strict confidence.
  • When you discuss issues regarding moderators and moderating, any moderators involved will be in "moderator mode," even if they use black text.
  • Yes, consistency is the goal, to the extent we are able.
  • When fielding questions about moderators or moderating, all answers will be direct and to the point.

If you found the contents of this thread to be less-than-optimal, or if anything said here caused you to lose faith in the moderation, it was due to my failure to properly communicate my wishes to my moderators.

So, that's on me, not them, and you have my apologies.

Great. Hope this helps your board.

Question: With all your pontification on participants rights: Why are posts by me still being screened by EAllusion et al and only posted with days delayed? Why are they delayed at all? What is it about being a conservative entrepreneur on this board that causes the discrimination. Hope u can address relative to all tolerances you’ve allowed on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:06 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Bach wrote:
Why are posts by me still being screened by EAllusion et al . . .

Because you're on the queue in the Spirit Paradise and the Terrestrial fora.

Quote:
. . . and only posted with days delayed?

They aren't delayed that long. We click on them as soon as we see a flag that there's a post waiting to be approved or disapproved.

Quote:
Why are they delayed at all?

Because you're on the queue in this and the Spirit Paradise and Terrestrial fora.

Quote:
What is it about being a conservative entrepreneur on this board that causes the discrimination.

It was the personal attacks, not the conservative entrepreneurship, that caused you to be on the queue.

Quote:
Hope u can address relative to all tolerances you’ve allowed on this board.

Your wish is my command.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
It was the personal attacks, not the conservative entrepreneurship, that caused you to be on the queue.

What personal attacks?!?! Go ahead and reprint here:

I’m pretty sure it had more to do with truth and the thin skin of a certain mod but I’m more than willing to wait for you to provide the evidence!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8