It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Letter published in Psychology Today
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm 
God

DT, I'd just like to point out that you seem abnormally obsessed with this topic.

It does make the imagination run wild. Sure... you could be a perfectly normal, well-adjusted young man with a particular area of interest, but that idea doesn't quite feel right.

Just sayin''. You may of may not care, but it felt like it needed to be said.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:47 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
DoubtingThomas, I'd just like to point out that you seem abnormally obsessed with this topic.

Dude calm down. It is a topic I am doing research on, and I am reading the war on sex book. Everyone is obsessed with the topic of sex, just turn on your TV and all you hear is sexual harassment accusations.

I talk about the topic here because I feel it is a very important. Offender laws are doing more harm than good, and the government is funding pseudoscience recovery programs with my tax dollars. To make it very clear to you I am not doing anything illegal! For me life and liberty are very precious and it is not worth it to get in trouble and go to jail.

I have a life dude, and I am doing a lot more research on artificial intelligence. Trust me. I don't talk much about artificial intelligence here in MD.

Are you now done with the personal attacks? Go take your paranoia somewhere else! I mean goddamit! Now I can't share research because people like you imagine dumb s*** about me. It's impossible to have an adult conversation with Pendejos like you. You always insinuate dumb s***, but all you can do are dumb personal attacks.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Dude calm down.

My post gave you the impression I was not calm? I wonder how that happened.

DoubtingThomas wrote:
It is a topic I am doing research on, and I am reading the war on sex book. Everyone is obsessed with the topic of sex, just turn on your TV and all you hear is sexual harassment accusations.

Everyone is obsessed with the topic of sex, are they? You're speaking for everyone now?

DoubtingThomas wrote:
I talk about the topic here because I feel it is a very important. Offender laws are doing more harm than good, and the government is funding pseudoscience recovery programs with my tax dollars. To make it very clear to you I am not doing anything illegal! For me life and liberty are very precious and it is not worth it to get in trouble and go to jail.

Well then, good for you.

Now, when you say you're not doing anything illegal, do you mean according to the law, or according to what you think should and shouldn't be legal?

Quote:
I have a life dude, and I am doing a lot more research on artificial intelligence. Trust me. I don't talk much about artificial intelligence here in MD.

That's strange. I wonder why you spend so many cycles on one area of interest and not another.

Quote:
Are you now done with the personal attacks?

I don't remember starting personally attacking you.

Makes me wonder why you're so defensive.

Quote:
Go take your paranoia somewhere else! I mean goddamit! Now I can't share research because people like you imagine dumb s*** about me. It's impossible to have an adult conversation with Pendejos like you. You always insinuate dumb s***, but all you can do are dumb personal attacks.

Paranoia! LOL

I'm not sure you know that that word means, given the context in which you've used it.

But look, if your interest is innocent, it makes no difference what I or anyone else thinks. Go on your merry way.

So yeah... your post didn't seem defensive at all. I have been calmed by your gentle words of comfort.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

Post subject: From: Letter published in Psychology Today
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Now, when you say you're not doing anything illegal, do you mean according to the law, or according to what you think should and shouldn't be legal

f*** off! Go troll someone else with your stupid questioning

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I'm opposed to sex offender registries in general, so no to your second question. The lists hurt more than they help, which is why they fortunately aren't used with other types of crimes.

Thank you EAllusion! The only point I am trying to make here, but now the idiot Some Schmo is insinuating I am a creep. It's so sad it is impossible to have an adult conversation about this topic with people.

Post subject: From: Letter published in Psychology Today
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
f*** off! Go troll someone else with your stupid questioning

LOL

Now it's trolling. No wonder you're confused. You have trouble with comprehension.

Look, I don't really give a ____ how you come off; I was just telling you how it looks. You want to ignore that, go for it! You just keep bringing up the idea that it should be OK to have sex with teenagers. It's all good...

(in Alabama)

Post subject: Re: From: Letter published in Psychology Today
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Look, I don't really give a ____ how you come off; I was just telling you how it looks. You want to ignore that, go for it! You just keep bringing up the idea that it should be OK to have sex with teenagers. It's all good...

(in Alabama)

No you stupid s***! I never said it is okay. You can't tell the difference between inappropriate behavior and rape?

You pathetic old troll. Go troll someone else.

Now F*** Off!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:28 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:

Now, when you say you're not doing anything illegal, do you mean according to the law, or according to what you think should and shouldn't be legal?

(PG-13 version, the rated "R" was moved to spirit prison)

Go to Hell Troll! It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 pm 
God

Gladly some commenters here agree that current sex offender system is problematic and mostly ineffective. People like Some Schmo are brainless trolls who like to kill intelligent conversations.

Last edited by DoubtingThomas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Gladly some commenters here agree that current sex offender system is problematic and mostly ineffective. People like Some Schmo are brainless trolls who like to kill intelligent conversations.

This post should also be moved to the Spirit prison with all the other impotent posts. Not sure I'm seeing a difference here, mods.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
This post should also be moved to the Spirit prison with all the other impotent posts. Not sure I'm seeing a difference here, mods.

Hey troll, why don't you just look at the evidence I shared above. I can share a lot more if you want, but I am done for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:23 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Hey troll, why don't you just look at the evidence I shared above. I can share a lot more if you want, but I am done for the day.

I haven't commented on the point of the thread because I believe it to be a complex topic with no easy answers. I don't have anything to add to what's already been said.

The reason I did interject is that I thought (obviously in error) that you might be interested in what some might perceive about your posting habits. You decided you weren't interested in that perspective.

I was actually trying to help you, ya know... get you to think about why you post on this topic so much. You think I'm trolling. What can ya do?

*shrug*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:56 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
The reason I did interject is that I thought (obviously in error) that you might be interested in what some might perceive about your posting habits.

Yes, but it's the way you say things. You could have said "careful man! some idiot might misunderstand what you are saying"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 am 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Yes, but it's the way you say things. You could have said "careful man! some idiot might misunderstand what you are saying"

But that would have been ____, and I'm not into spouting ____ unless I'm obviously joking.

It's not idiotic to notice a pattern and point it out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:

What pattern Some Schmo? Is common sense, rational thinking, and evidence a creepy pattern? I don't understand what you are saying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:

What pattern Some Schmo? Is common sense, rational thinking, and evidence a creepy pattern? I don't understand what you are saying.

Come on, DT. Many people here have told you about this pattern of yours that they perceive, many, many times.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Come on, DoubtingThomas. Many people here have told you about this pattern of yours that they perceive, many, many times.

and thankfully many here also agree with the things I said.

Yes some did tell me, but no one gave me specific details. But let's just forget about it Lemmie because the "Proof Offender laws are not protecting children" is very likely the last sex related topic I have to share. I really have nothing else to say.

The "Proof" is the last or second to last topic, but I think I am done now, unless there is a new significant peer-reviewed study.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
Come on, DoubtingThomas. Many people here have told you about this pattern of yours that they perceive, many, many times.

....Yes some did tell me, but no one gave me specific details.

That's not true at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
That's not true at all.

I honestly don't remember, but I do remember what Chap told me "I think I have misunderstood Doubting Thomas. He really is looking for a legally applicable definition of sexual harassment."

I feel many here simply misunderstand what I say.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:09 am 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
That's not true at all.

I honestly don't remember, but I do remember what Chap told me "I think I have misunderstood Doubting Thomas. He really is looking for a legally applicable definition of sexual harassment."

I feel many here simply misunderstand what I say.

You really shouldn't take an excerpt of Chap's post out of context and mis-use it as your signature line. It's misleading:
what Chap actually wrote:
I think I have misunderstood Doubting Thomas. He really is looking for a legally applicable definition of sexual harassment. I considered the possibility that this might be what he was asking for, but dismissed it because that seemed to me to be an obviously foolish request, given the situation you (EAllusion) outlined.

So having rejected that, I interpreted his request in the light of some of his other recent posts, in which, if I recall rightly, the issue of behaviour in relation to women seemed to pre-occupy him.

viewtopic.php?p=1100956#p1100956

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
You really shouldn't take an excerpt of Chap's post out of context and mis-use it as your signature line. It's misleading

Well, he misunderstands everything I say, I don't have an issue with women, "if I recall rightly," I mean come on. The only point I am trying to make is that I feel many are misunderstanding what I actually say.