It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy 2018 and your 2018 Resolutions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 am 

HAPPY 2018

Was curious and checked how many posts I had here this past year. I checked my history (and those of others for comparison) and found out that each page of a users history holds on average about 21 posts. I had 17 pages of history until I got back to 2016. That’s about 357 posts for me during this past year. Just under 1/day. That really surprised me to see I spent that much time here. So many other things going on in my life that are much more productive and satisfying. I guess I was a bit disappointed in my allocated time here.

Granted, posting here is probably more akin to shooting fish in a barrel, ____ and grins, and becomes boring pretty quickly And I know most my posts are short and I won’t engage w most of the idiotic baiters. Still, the time!

But still, when one thinks about the time it takes to read and respond to topics/posts and posters, it really is a drain on ones time for other more productive and enjoyable aspects of life.

By comparison I looked randomly at EAllusion’s history and it took 117 pages to get back to 2016. That’s about 6.5 posts/day. No doubt several here have that many or more but how does anyone have a life with that much time on just one message board. Undoubtedly, the message board is their life. It’s sad when one realizes how much more there is in this life to spend quality time engaging.

The length of this post alone is a reminder of why a New Years resolution is in order for me!

Happy New Year to all and may you all find a resolution equally/respectively as important to your lives.