It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: From: The most popular conservative news websites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 pm 
God

http://mashable.com/2014/04/07/socially ... JljtqDPgqI

Most of these countries have left of center governments higher taxes where everyone enjoys a good standard of living..

Israeli Archaeologist Israel Finkelstein: "For if there were no patriarchs no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan--and no prosperous united monarchy under David & Solomon--can we say that early biblical Israel as described in the Five Books of Moses and the books of Joshua Judges and Samuel ever existed at all?" The Bible Unearthed, p. 124.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
What are "MA funds"?

- Doc

Medical Assistance. Medicaid. Usually described as "MA" by people who routinely work with it. Care for people with significant long-term disabilities is extremely expensive. MA is what covers it for most people since its prohibitively expensive unless you are a trust-funder. Hiring someone like me is a medical expense. I'm not expensive, but the sum total of lifetime supports an intellectually disabled person with mental illness receives is. Last person I saw is 54 years old and I would guess has cost the government 300kish per every year of his adult life.

I make a relative pittance compared to someone with my abilities could make specifically because I find value in providing this service. It's because of people like me that people with intellectual disabilities who suffer from mental illness are able to hopefully have a better quality of life than what otherwise would await them. The efforts of certain posters to turn this into a personal failing, because I'm a "welfare pusher," is obnoxious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am 
God

EAllusion wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
What are "MA funds"?

- Doc

Medical Assistance. Medicaid. Usually described as "MA" by people who routinely work with it. Care for people with significant long-term disabilities is extremely expensive. MA is what covers it for most people since its prohibitively expensive unless you are a trust-funder. Hiring someone like me is a medical expense. I'm not expensive, but the sum total of lifetime supports an intellectually disabled person with mental illness receives is. Last person I saw is 54 years old and I would guess has cost the government 300kish per every year of his adult life.

I make a relative pittance compared to someone with my abilities could make specifically because I find value in providing this service. It's because of people like me that people with intellectual disabilities who suffer from mental illness are able to hopefully have a better quality of life than what otherwise would await them. The efforts of certain posters to turn this into a personal failing, because I'm a "welfare pusher," is obnoxious.

My next door neighbor has a son with severe autism. He told me that by the time their son was 25, they had personally paid over a million dollars for his care. The kid is in a condition where he simply cannot be left alone unsupervised, much less hold down an economically valuable job. Thus, they are looking at another couple of million out of pocket to continue taking care of him until either he or they are dead.

So here is the question that we need to ask ourselves as a society: what should we do with people like my neighbor's son? If your child happens to be born with a severe disability, does that simply mean you lost life's lottery and are doomed to paying several thousand dollars every month for the rest of your life to take care of him? And what if you don't have that money? What, exactly, are the self-described conservatives here recommending?

It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:23 pm 
God

Analytics wrote:
My next door neighbor has a son with severe autism. He told me that by the time their son was 25, they had personally paid over a million dollars for his care. The kid is in a condition where he simply cannot be left alone unsupervised, much less hold down an economically valuable job. Thus, they are looking at another couple of million out of pocket to continue taking care of him until either he or they are dead.

So here is the question that we need to ask ourselves as a society: what should we do with people like my neighbor's son? If your child happens to be born with a severe disability, does that simply mean you lost life's lottery and are doomed to paying several thousand dollars every month for the rest of your life to take care of him? And what if you don't have that money? What, exactly, are the self-described conservatives here recommending?

I lost a very special person back last November in a mass (literally) shooting in Texas. Just wanted to mention it here when it happened as it was close to real time when I was posting on something else. If what you are posting is true, I’m really sorry for your friend.

But can’t help to recall how mean you, and the rest of this board, were in merely sharing a virtual heartbreaking time for me at the time. Loved your first reaction at the time that made no mention of the victim, but rather how you your first take a “dig of doubt” at the one affected w sorrow only because you differed with his opinions. Here is your response at the time on 11-22:

Analytics wrote:

“The people who knew her knew that she had a distinct spelling of her name. The spelling stood out. It was a part of her. So if you are interested in showing some respect for the victims of this murder, please have the decensy to spell her name correctly. It is spelled Therese Rodriguez.”

Should we all expect you to provide the correct spelling of your friend’s son name and the correct spelling of what he is suffering from or just, as I did, express our mutual concerns to his situation?

Please let us all know Mr HypocriticANAL!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm 
God

Bach wrote:
I lost a very special person back last November in a mass (literally) shooting in Texas. Just wanted to mention it here when it happened as it was close to real time when I was posting on something else. If what you are posting is true, I’m really sorry for your friend.

But can’t help to recall how mean you, and the rest of this board, were in merely sharing a virtual heartbreaking time for me at the time. Loved your first reaction at the time that made no mention of the victim, but rather how you your first take a “dig of doubt” at the one affected w sorrow only because you differed with his opinions. Here is your response at the time on 11-22:

Analytics wrote:

“The people who knew her knew that she had a distinct spelling of her name. The spelling stood out. It was a part of her. So if you are interested in showing some respect for the victims of this murder, please have the decensy to spell her name correctly. It is spelled Therese Rodriguez.”

Should we all expect you to provide the correct spelling of your friend’s son name and the correct spelling of what he is suffering from or just, as I did, express our mutual concerns to his situation?

Please let us all know Mr HypocriticANAL!

You spend virtually all of your time on this board ironically counting the number of posts by others as part of your attempt at disparaging those folks, interspersed with your efforts to insult virtually everyone else participating. No other content is offered by you. Then you can’t even be bothered to correctly spell (at least twice now) the names of people who you claim are “close” or “very special” to you.

I’m not sure that anyone else can help you with your problem of reputation or perception. Good luck with your approach to people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
The notion that this represented some sort of attack on “conservative” speech is just snowflakiness.

Could we run it through both a mass spectrometer and DNA sequencer? I am under the impression that it was more of a liquidized molerat excrement.