It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 am 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I read things and have opinions on them. Cue firetruck sirens.

I don't think you acquitted yourself well in this exchange.

Why do you hate women so much?

- Doc

Post subject: Re: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
I read things and have opinions on them. Cue firetruck sirens.

I don't think you acquitted yourself well in this exchange.

- Doc

A question I have wondered myself, on several similar occasions. Too bad you can't put a moderator on ignore.

Post subject: Re: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

A question I have wondered myself, on several similar occasions. Too bad you can't put a moderator on ignore.

DocCam is trolling. You seem sincere, though. No one should have to point out that disagreeing with a woman isn't misogynist and thinking otherwise itself is sexist. Since I don't have any history of misogynist posting at all - have fun trying to show otherwise - this reads as "Disagreeing with me is misogyny" which is ridiculous.

As far as my two posts in the thread this was part of, I suppose I need to explain the joke. There was an unnecessarily lengthy, very detailed debate over a simple matter. You were wrong in that exchange, and to contrast with the absurd level of detail in the discussion, I cheekily wrote a post declaring you wrong with no detail at all. It's a jokey way of taking sides in a dispute.

Seriously though. You were up in the night there.

Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 am 
God

Did you relocate this exchange yourself, EAllusion?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am 
God

I reported the thread. If people want to troll or accuse someone of hating women, they can start their own God Damned thread.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
I reported the thread. If people want to troll or accuse someone of hating women, they can start their own God Damned thread.

Really. You're timing seriously sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Which is why being a professional comedian was never an option.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
No one should have to point out that disagreeing with a woman isn't misogynist and thinking otherwise itself is sexist.
No one said anything like that but you, EAllusion.

I was referring to a conversation when I first started here about whether sexist jokes are funny.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39392

There were several related threads, and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender. That was the first time I found out that comments of moderators, even when they are not moderating, can't be put on ignore.
EAllusion wrote:
I suppose I need to explain the joke.
:rolleyes: I'll try to work on my sense of humor so that I can recognize when you are just making a funny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 pm 
God

I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your gender. Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Which is why being a professional comedian was never an option.

Well, then you're just stuck being a clown.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your gender. Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.

You couldn't tell that OP was written by a female poster?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

https://youtu.be/Pfcy15ZUE2c :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

How could you? It's just praise of an article arguing that sexist jokes are unfunny and hostile and failure to denounce them is passive sexism. A man can hold that opinion just the same as a woman. It would be sexist to assume only a woman would take that stance. While I think the article was flawed, it's not the sort of thing I'd find out of place for leftwing men to agree with.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:12 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

How could you?

I dunno :rolleyes: read her commentary?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

https://youtu.be/Pfcy15ZUE2c :lol:

Belleville boy. Some of my family grew up there when he did. Lives down the shore now.

I'm actually playing a movie with him in it as the background of my T'giving cleaning frenzy.

:cool:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:43 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your.
you may have missed this:
Quote:
There were several related threads and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender.
I'll see if I can find the other threads that ran concurrently for you then, but the search feature is such a pain. Anyway, I suspect that you will continue to argue that I didn't feel what I felt and that you will pronounce that my interpretation of your posts is wrong, because your interpretation is the TRUE one. It was tiresome then and it's tiresome now.
Quote:
[Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.
again, you are the only one talking about that. It's not related to my point in any way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
How could you?

I dunno :rolleyes: read her commentary?

The OP is an excerpt from an article from the HuffPo, then the article. Perhaps roll eyes a few more times. That'll definitely change that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
There were several related threads and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender.

I looked through several months of your posts around that time and found no such thing. Hard for me to respond to something that doesn't appear to exist. Replying to you is not "harping" on you and it certainly isn't targeting you for being a woman.

Even now, you are accusing me of "harping" on you for having the chutzpah to reply to your repeated comments on a thread concerning an unsolicited comment from you about how I'm a misogynist. I have written one reply to you for every comment you made on the subject. Each comment, including this one, merely addressed what you said. Even when the subject is clearly a personal attack on me initiated by you, you interpret this as being harped on because - what? - I haven't said "fair enough" and moved on? I'll ask you to quit harping on me.

Quote:
Anyway, I suspect that you will continue to argue that I didn't feel what I felt and that you will pronounce that my interpretation of your posts is wrong, because your interpretation is the TRUE one.

I can't challenge how you feel Lemmie. Feelings don't have to be true or false. But when your feeling is that something is true, in this case is that I am a woman hater because of what I've written, I certainly can challenge that assertion. Nothing I said in the thread you linked addressed your gender at all and there's absolutely no basis in my posting history in general or in any of my limited interactions with you to suggest that I carried on a conversation out of disdain for women.

If you feel targeted because you are woman, I can't very well change that, but that doesn't make it so and it is no more or less valid than me declaring that I feel that your posts are motivated by a combination of misandry and hatred for the intellectually disabled I help for a living. But I guess whatever you say must be TRUE. Because having opinions about what is correct is wrong when other people do it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am 
God

Phew. I haven't seen this much mansplaining since Grover Cleveland explained to women why they shouldn't participate in the public sphere. Methinks EAllusion doth protesteth too much.

- DOC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Phew. I haven't seen this much mansplaining since Grover Cleveland explained to women why they shouldn't participate in the public sphere. Methinks EAllusion doth protesteth too much.

- DOC

--Martin Luther King, Jr.