It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 am
Posts: 14192
EAllusion wrote:
I read things and have opinions on them. Cue firetruck sirens.

I don't think you acquitted yourself well in this exchange.

Why do you hate women so much?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 6289
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
I read things and have opinions on them. Cue firetruck sirens.

I don't think you acquitted yourself well in this exchange.

Why do you hate women so much?

- Doc

A question I have wondered myself, on several similar occasions. Too bad you can't put a moderator on ignore.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 12595
Lemmie wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why do you hate women so much?

- Doc

A question I have wondered myself, on several similar occasions. Too bad you can't put a moderator on ignore.


DocCam is trolling. You seem sincere, though. No one should have to point out that disagreeing with a woman isn't misogynist and thinking otherwise itself is sexist. Since I don't have any history of misogynist posting at all - have fun trying to show otherwise - this reads as "Disagreeing with me is misogyny" which is ridiculous.

As far as my two posts in the thread this was part of, I suppose I need to explain the joke. There was an unnecessarily lengthy, very detailed debate over a simple matter. You were wrong in that exchange, and to contrast with the absurd level of detail in the discussion, I cheekily wrote a post declaring you wrong with no detail at all. It's a jokey way of taking sides in a dispute.

Seriously though. You were up in the night there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
Did you relocate this exchange yourself, EAllusion?

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5833
Location: On walkabout
I reported the thread. If people want to troll or accuse someone of hating women, they can start their own God Damned thread.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
Res Ipsa wrote:
I reported the thread. If people want to troll or accuse someone of hating women, they can start their own God Damned thread.


Really. You're timing seriously sucks.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5833
Location: On walkabout
Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
I reported the thread. If people want to troll or accuse someone of hating women, they can start their own God Damned thread.


Really. You're timing seriously sucks.


Which is why being a professional comedian was never an option.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 6289
EAllusion wrote:
No one should have to point out that disagreeing with a woman isn't misogynist and thinking otherwise itself is sexist.
No one said anything like that but you, EAllusion.

I was referring to a conversation when I first started here about whether sexist jokes are funny.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39392

There were several related threads, and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender. That was the first time I found out that comments of moderators, even when they are not moderating, can't be put on ignore.
EAllusion wrote:
I suppose I need to explain the joke.
:rolleyes: I'll try to work on my sense of humor so that I can recognize when you are just making a funny.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 12595
I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your gender. Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Really. You're timing seriously sucks.


Which is why being a professional comedian was never an option.


Well, then you're just stuck being a clown.

:lol:

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
EAllusion wrote:
I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your gender. Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.


You couldn't tell that OP was written by a female poster?

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 5833
Location: On walkabout
Jersey Girl wrote:
Well, then you're just stuck being a clown.

:lol:


https://youtu.be/Pfcy15ZUE2c :lol:

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 12595
Jersey Girl wrote:
You couldn't tell that OP was written by a female poster?


How could you? It's just praise of an article arguing that sexist jokes are unfunny and hostile and failure to denounce them is passive sexism. A man can hold that opinion just the same as a woman. It would be sexist to assume only a woman would take that stance. While I think the article was flawed, it's not the sort of thing I'd find out of place for leftwing men to agree with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:12 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
EAllusion wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
You couldn't tell that OP was written by a female poster?


How could you?


I dunno :rolleyes: read her commentary?

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 26917
Location: Off the Deep End
Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Well, then you're just stuck being a clown.

:lol:


https://youtu.be/Pfcy15ZUE2c :lol:


Belleville boy. Some of my family grew up there when he did. Lives down the shore now.

I'm actually playing a movie with him in it as the background of my T'giving cleaning frenzy.

:cool:

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:43 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 6289
EAllusion wrote:
I doubt I even knew you were a woman when I was arguing that point Lemmie. Having read through the full thread, nothing I said in any way addressed your gender. I'm not familiar with any other exchanges within the same time-frame, but I would expect that pattern holds true. It's not cool to assume that people being critical of something you are asserting implies they have a problem with your.
you may have missed this:
Quote:
There were several related threads and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender.
I'll see if I can find the other threads that ran concurrently for you then, but the search feature is such a pain. Anyway, I suspect that you will continue to argue that I didn't feel what I felt and that you will pronounce that my interpretation of your posts is wrong, because your interpretation is the TRUE one. It was tiresome then and it's tiresome now.
Quote:
[Disagreement with you isn't misogyny.
again, you are the only one talking about that. It's not related to my point in any way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 12595
Jersey Girl wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
How could you?


I dunno :rolleyes: read her commentary?


The OP is an excerpt from an article from the HuffPo, then the article. Perhaps roll eyes a few more times. That'll definitely change that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 12595
Lemmie wrote:
There were several related threads and you kept harping on me, just like here, and I was not comfortable with it, and it seemed then it was related to my gender.


I looked through several months of your posts around that time and found no such thing. Hard for me to respond to something that doesn't appear to exist. Replying to you is not "harping" on you and it certainly isn't targeting you for being a woman.

Even now, you are accusing me of "harping" on you for having the chutzpah to reply to your repeated comments on a thread concerning an unsolicited comment from you about how I'm a misogynist. I have written one reply to you for every comment you made on the subject. Each comment, including this one, merely addressed what you said. Even when the subject is clearly a personal attack on me initiated by you, you interpret this as being harped on because - what? - I haven't said "fair enough" and moved on? I'll ask you to quit harping on me.

Quote:
Anyway, I suspect that you will continue to argue that I didn't feel what I felt and that you will pronounce that my interpretation of your posts is wrong, because your interpretation is the TRUE one.


I can't challenge how you feel Lemmie. Feelings don't have to be true or false. But when your feeling is that something is true, in this case is that I am a woman hater because of what I've written, I certainly can challenge that assertion. Nothing I said in the thread you linked addressed your gender at all and there's absolutely no basis in my posting history in general or in any of my limited interactions with you to suggest that I carried on a conversation out of disdain for women.

If you feel targeted because you are woman, I can't very well change that, but that doesn't make it so and it is no more or less valid than me declaring that I feel that your posts are motivated by a combination of misandry and hatred for the intellectually disabled I help for a living. But I guess whatever you say must be TRUE. Because having opinions about what is correct is wrong when other people do it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 am
Posts: 14192
Phew. I haven't seen this much mansplaining since Grover Cleveland explained to women why they shouldn't participate in the public sphere. Methinks EAllusion doth protesteth too much.

- DOC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Burden of Proof
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm
Posts: 9752
Location: Multiverse
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Phew. I haven't seen this much mansplaining since Grover Cleveland explained to women why they shouldn't participate in the public sphere. Methinks EAllusion doth protesteth too much.

- DOC


:lol:

_________________
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

--Martin Luther King, Jr.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group