It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: John Kelly and Trump, perfect match
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 am 
God

Now we know why Trump puts up with John Kelly. They're actually pretty well matched. John Kelly panders to racists and refuses to back down from lies.

They'll get along swimmingly.

I guess I better add links for low information voters.

John Kelly tells an easily disproven lie about Rep. Wilson, doesn't back down:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... s-2015-sp/

John Kelly panders to racists:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ret ... acfbe4f9a4

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

Post subject: Re: John Kelly and Trump, perfect match
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm 
Founder & Visionary

beastie wrote:
I guess I better add links for low information voters.

Please keep in mind that posting links is done as a courtesy to readers; it's not a grudging concession to "low information voters."

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:13 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Please keep in mind that posting links is done as a courtesy to readers; it's not a grudging concession to "low information voters."

Of course. I should know better than to post when I'm home sick and grouchy. :twisted:

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 pm 
God

Quote:
I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.

Franklin D. Roosevelt, Democrat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:23 pm 
God

Quote:
I come here to North Carolina to set before you the goals for America and to ask you to join with me in rebuilding our strength in leading America across its new frontier. For, as a New Englander, I recognize that the South is still the land of Washington, who made our Nation - of Jefferson, who shaped its direction - and of Robert E. Lee who, after gallant failure, urged those who had followed him in bravery to reunite America in purpose and courage.

JFK, Democrat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm 
God

Who was the President that restored the citizenship of... I dunno, the traitorous secessionist, Jefferson Davis? You know. The guy who wanted to keep Black people enslaved?

What?

Was it another Democrat?

JIMMY CARTER WANTED SLAVERY.

Quote:
In posthumously restoring the full rights of citizenship to Jefferson Davis, the Congress officially completes the long process of reconciliation that has reunited our people following the tragic conflict between the States. Earlier, he was specifically exempted form resolutions restoring the rights of other officials in the Confederacy. He had served the United States long and honorably as a soldier, Member of the U.S. House and Senate, and as Secretary of War. General Robert E. Lee's citizenship was restored in 1976. It is fitting that Jefferson Davis should no longer be singled out for punishment.

Our Nation needs to clear away the guilts and enmities and recriminations of the past, to finally set at rest the divisions that threatened to destroy our Nation and to discredit the principles on which it was founded. Our people need to turn their attention to the important tasks that still lie before us in establishing those principles for all people.

Jimmy Carter, Pro-Slavery Democrat

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:29 pm 
God

These dumb ____ ing unthinking threads started by Liberals and their stupid ____ ing self-righteous bull ____.

I'm getting a headache. I wish you Democrats would just let the Retardlicans post without showing your asses, but nooooooo. You just step right up to the plate and wave your r____ flag around trying to gain the upper hand on stupidity.

Gegh.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:38 pm 
God

whataboutism

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:43 pm 
Founder & Visionary

beastie wrote:
John Kelly tells an easily disproven lie about Rep. Wilson, doesn't back down:

The more important question is, what's up with her and that stupid hat?

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
whataboutism

Exactly. How far back do you need to go? I'm sure the Mongols were some real pieces of ____. The Hans were genocidal maniacs, right?

God. You people.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Exactly. How far back do you need to go? I'm sure the Mongols were some real pieces of ____. The Hans were genocidal maniacs, right?

God. You people.

- Doc

WTF are you talking about. Kelly just made his idiotic comment about the civil war being due to lack of compromise, and he just lied about Wilson and will not apologize.

You're the one going back into history to find racist statements by others and pretending it's some sort of meaningful comment.

Penn & Teller

God

Theodore Roosevelt, certainly a serious student of history and able to see both sides, being a Northerner with a Southern mother, said Robert E. Lee was our greatest American.

Guess Teddy was a real piece of ____, no?

- Doc

God

Dr. Shades wrote:

Who gives a flying eff.

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Theodore Roosevelt, certainly a serious student of history and able to see both sides, being a Northerner with a Southern mother, said Robert E. Lee was our greatest American.

Guess Teddy was a real piece of ____, no?

- Doc

Another meaningless comment.

There are two choices re Kelly's statement about the civil war.

1. He is truly uninformed about history and thought his statement was an accurate summary of the causes of the civil war.

2. He knows good and well that lack of compromise did not cause the civil war, and, in fact, many morally flawed compromises were thrown to the slave states, but still made the statement for some other reason.

I vote number 2. And I vote appealing to the republican's southern base as the reason.

And why does that appeal to the southern base?

Because the southerners who are still mad about the civil war are usually harboring racial resentment. I've lived in the south long enough to be acutely aware of that fact.

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

God. You people.

- Doc

WTF are you talking about. Kelly just made his idiotic comment about the civil war being due to lack of compromise, and he just lied about Wilson and will not apologize.

You're the one going back into history to find racist statements by others and pretending it's some sort of meaningful comment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:59 pm 
God

beastie wrote:

I've seen two popular takes on this. The first, and the one I subscribe to, is that John Kelly engaged in shameful repetition of "Lost Cause" myths around the civil war that mislead and perpetuate harmful perceptions of America's past mistakes.

The second agrees that Kelly was repeating Lost Cause myths, but that this view as so dominant for so many years in public education that Kelly should be forgiven for being captured by that mindset given his age. His behavior shouldn't be regarded as shameful, just corrected.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:

Who gives a flying eff.

Dr. Shades is RAAAAAAAAAAAYCIST!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I'M A BIG BABY. KELLY SAID SOMETHING NUANCED. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. TA HA FAFAFA NEHESISI. WAAAAAAAH.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm 
God

I see that DocCam is back on the "If a black person said it, then it's unassailable and racist to disagree with, even if it is contradicted by what other black people say" line of attack.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm 
God

President Lincoln was racist. We should tear down his monument. He tried compromising. Totes racist.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:02 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I see that DocCam is back on the "If a black person said it, then it's unassailable and racist to disagree with, even if it is contradicted by what other black people say" line of attack.

Says the ivory tower racist who quotes a Black racist.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:

Man, does this topic trigger him.

Penn & Teller

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next