It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A rule against malicious misquotation ... A Message To All..
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm 
Dragon

Mental is having a pity party! He can troll everyone else but when he gets a taste of his own medicine, he can't take it and has to whine and complain.

Poor Mental. Poor, poor Mental.

If you want to read more of his whining, check out the thread with this exact same title. I claim innocence I tell ya! I was simply translating from the Reformed ____! And you too, can know the truth of my translation by the gift and power of subjective experience. Read it, and think about it. And perhaps (more than likely) you too will feel Mental's gut burning sensation as you read it. You may not even need my translation for that...

I offer free Rolaids for any that need them. Send me a PM.

mentalgymnast wrote:
(Translated from the Reformed ____)

I did not write this as quoted... I never wrote "____"

He maliciously misquoted me again. (I know this by subjective experience).

What does that say about him?

What else is he willing to do besides falsely attribute something to me that I didn't write?

Can he be trusted?

I feel unsafe. Will someone please stop this horrible practice of misquoting?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

Last edited by grindael on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A rule against malicious misquotation of board members?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 pm 
Dragon

This is what MentalDicknastic thinks about Mormon Discussions:

Quote:
It has indeed become somewhat of a cesspool and echo chamber for disgruntled folks. A lot of negativity. But then, maybe that's what a majority of people thrive on around here. So be it.

Not being able to think of anything else, he repeats himself:

Quote:
It's an echo chamber of disgruntled critics with closed/dogmatic minds. In my opinion anyway.

Tobin according to MDicknastic:

Quote:
...was an interesting guy. Much more so than a majority of the posters that regularly shout into this echo chamber. He had a different voice among the cacophony of 'sameness' and the predictable voices prevalent here.

Whining about the fact that I gave him a taste of his own medicine, and not agreeing with an observation that he brought it all on himself he blathers,

Quote:
Why should my posts be put on que? In which one of the four threads mentioned would that be a justifiable consequence for the way in which I participated and/or behaved myself?

Here is what MDicknastic calls productive and civil discourse,

Quote:
You can wear out your life trying to disprove the BofM...which apparently you are well on your way to doing. In my opinion there will always continue to be evidence/counter evidence. You are playing out your part/purpose in the scheme of things.

When I asked him for rational rebuttal to my posts instead of testimonials from Mormon "prophets", he said,

Quote:
You are not being rational. It's not humanly possible.

He then gets specific,

Quote:
I believe very strongly that it is you who is farting into the wind. And that you will wear out your life doing so. ... As I've mentioned, you need to do what you do. It's necessary, at least in my opinion. Although, truth be told, some folks may smell a stench in the air as you do so.

What Mental is basically doing here, is calling me "Satan" or the "opposition". It's an old Mormon trick. I'm "playing my part" as Satan does. He then tries to defend his totally asinine statement that no one can be rational, even though he said that he was a few days earlier. Specifically said so. This is simply a sample of what I have to go through EVERY TIME MDicknastic posts on my threads. I'm sick of it. So, I'll be there from now on, except when he STARTS his own thread, to take his words and TRANSLATE them from their original ____.

All I can say is go ahead and post on any thread except your own whinefests and see what happens. This is ALL OUT WAR. Look out, Walking Troll.

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:12 pm 
Dragon

Let me explain myself here, since Shades has kindly weighed in on the current (and ongoing) dickishness of MentalDickNasty and my reaction to it.

I was actually told to "chill" by MentalDickNasty because I mocked him. This was absolutely hilarious to me, and it just goes to show you that DickNasty has no idea about who I am or why I do what I do or say what I say.

Yup, I did mock him. What I did, was take his words and "translate" them into something totally silly and senseless that anyone with a lick of common sense would know was pure mocking PARODY (look it up Nasty). I'm sure he's never seen a live comedian and how they operate, but that's how it's done, language and all. :wink:

Of course MDicknNasty couldn't take it (and knowing him as well as anyone can get to know an anonymous troll), I followed him around and kept it up after he made a comment on any thread, not just the one of mine that he purposefully trolled. I knew it would set him off, but then, he knew that it would aggravate me when he trolled my thread.

You see folks, the Book of Mormon is his sweet spot, as it is with most Apologists of his ilk. They can't stand any criticism of it. It's their tool to getting new members and trying to keep people in the church. These Apologists get livid when they read any kind of criticism of their tool. Of course, in my thread, the Book of Mormon was really the last thing on my mind when I was quoting the stories about Joseph's activities during that time period. What was on my mind was Joseph Smith. It all comes down to that. It's a connection that Apologists loathe, because they want the Book of Mormon to be something separate and apart from Smith (even though that doesn't make a lick of sense). It doesn't matter, (they claim) if Jo was involved in the occult (Richard Bushman's word for it) before he "translated" his Book. Bushman actually characterizes what Smith was doing (the scrying, etc), as some sort of preparatory work that got him into a mindset where he could accept communication from what they claim is God. It is beyond silly, but there you have it. Their God prepared "spectacles" for Smith, yet he discards them (so they say) and uses the same peepstone that he looked for buried treasure with. And this was all part of God's plan. The story is a whopper and makes no sense. It only makes sense if Jo made up the "spectacles" (which he did), but then he was caught on the horns of a dilemma, he could not let them be seen because they were fake. So he used his magic rock. Martin Harris was an early scribe of Smith's and Jo had the curtain up. Why? He didn't do it later with the rock, because he actually had the rock and had discarded his fake set of "spectacles". But according to these Apologists Jo was doing all this with the "gift and power of God" which is poppycock. These Apologists know how ridiculous these stories are and that they make no sense, so they have to somehow separate Jo from it, and push forth the ridiculous idea that the Book of Mormon somehow stands on its own apart from Smith. But it doesn't. But I digress...

Anyone bringing up Smith's activities in connection with the Book of Mormon is perceived as a threat to these Apologists and hence they will try to divert people away from them in any way they can. It is usually by using ad hominem, because they can't use any evidence, it only makes their case all the worse. I know this, I've experienced this, and so wasn't surprised when DickNasty showed up right away to troll my thread. And he went right to it, posting testimonials that had nothing to do with the subject and then attacked me:

Quote:
You can wear out your life trying to disprove the BofM...which apparently you are well on your way to doing. In my opinion there will always continue to be evidence/counter evidence. You are playing out your part/purpose in the scheme of things.

This is DickNasty's M.O. and it aggravates me. I admit it. I have been trolled by this asshole constantly now for years. The same thing. No analysis of the evidence, or productive conversation, just ad hominem attacks about my integrity, my motives and even mocking how I look. He's done it all. Like I said, I'm sick of it and so I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Ya got to know (for those who even care) that I've been through a lot recently. My Mom just died, and I just had a bout with cancer that I licked. DickNasty seems to be able to read my mind, because he claims to know exactly why I'm interested in Mormon History and to him, it's all bad. I'm Satan, the Opposition. What I do is "necessary" he says. Of course, he is out to lunch, but I'm at a point in my life where it bothers me to have my motives questioned by anonymous trolls that have no inkling about Mormon History. But counter attacking someone who constantly badgers me like this is supposed to be beneath me as Shades put it:

Quote:
But for our purposes today, yeah, I really wish that grindael hadn't done that and think it's way below him. But at the same time, there's NO WAY IN EARTH, HEAVEN, OR HELL that anyone is going to read his quoted material and think that those were your original words. They're FAR too over-the-top for anyone to take seriously. So you're safe. They're his way of lashing out at your continued badgering and are indicative that he's reached the end of his rope.

If I hadn't done what I did, this would just be another incident and then I will have to go through DickNasty's ____ all over again at some future time. I blew this up because it is the only way to deal with this jerk. I'm not going to take his ____ any more. I can handle the occasional trolling from him, IF HE KEPT HIS WORD and made his comments and then left it alone, which he continually promises to do, but then doesn't. It boggles my mind that this person clamors about the rules and how abused he is, when he is the ultimate abuser.

I was reading some of Jersey's comments about her and Lemmie. I too, have had my run ins with Jersey. And I mean that in the best of ways. She's called me out when she sees something from me that she feels is questionable and yeah, we've gone at it. But unlike Mental, she has a point. She has an agenda, and what is that? She's true to herself. We can have disagreements, move on and forget all about them, but learn from them. Why is this important or why should anyone care? Maybe it's not. But it is to me and I do.

I post here for a variety of reasons. I like reading what many people write. And I like Shades and this forum. But I love Mormon History. We all have our takes on it, and I'm not shy about mine. I'm a critic of Joseph Smith. I don't believe he was a real prophet. And say what you want, I know that people who do believe in him and don't believe in him can write good Mormon History. And there is so much there to find, to share and discuss. That is what the purpose of this place is.

I don't have to post anything here, and really, I'm very busy but I LIKE TO. I remember when I was first delving into Mormon History after a long absence after leaving the Church. I was hungry for information, for my own sake. To figure things out. I distinctly remember my feelings back then, and how frustrated I was that I could not find original quotations, original documents to READ FOR MYSELF. I try to provide those to this forum. Why? Because I see so many who are just like me. And sorry to say, many of the great historians have abandoned this place, mostly because they are busy doing other things. I don't want to do that. And I want to be a great historian of Mormonism. I've gotten my compliments and MANY CRITICISMS. But I've grown here, amongst all of you. It's almost like family. That may seem strange, but its true. And it is something that DickNasty will NEVER UNDERSTAND. His take on this place? It's a CESSPOOL. We are all disgruntled assholes lashing out. He couldn't be more wrong. It's a potpourri of wonderful people who are going through or been through something we all have in common. And even those like the PUGnacious Jersey who doesn't have a dog in that fight. Ceeboo. Lots of NEVERMO's here. All with valuable insights and gems of wisdom and humor that make this place special.

DickNasty OFFENDS me. He wants nothing more than to tear this place apart with his passive/aggressive ____. But all of us have the closed minds. It's all negative and we thrive on that. This person is a ____ creep. But like everyone else, he is welcome here. I'll say it again, he can go to the Celestial Forum and never have an issue. But he won't. Why? Because he knows that the Terrestrial Forum is more laid back and that is where he thinks he can get the best bang for his buck with his trolling. So all his complaints are phony. As phony as the vitriol he spews out day after day. Shades is right about one thing, I've had it with his ____. This is my last go round with this kind of controversy. I have a blog I can write on but I CHOOSE many, many times to post HERE. To generate discussions HERE. To participate HERE. I can post in real time and get real time discussions. I can hone my skills and learn things from others. That is so very valuable. People here are not just numbers to me for traffic on my blog, that I can link and run. I'm invested in this place. It's a GOOD place. It beats Facebook and other forums all to hell. Shades allows people to be themselves here, (if they so choose).

I'm also a human being and I get frustrated, angry and have feelings. I'm a REAL PERSON who isn't afraid to let people know who I am and where I'm coming from. I know there are people who post here anonymously and for good reasons. But at the end of the day, some can use that to misrepresent, make things up and write things they never would if people knew who they were. And then to hide behind anonymity and then claim that you are being slandered or your reputation is being smeared is ridiculous. And to claim you don't feel "safe" is even more ludicrous. But that is how DickNasty twists all that to his own ends, to further his Apologetic agenda to troll people to death.

I hate phonies. There are Anon's here who are stellar. You KNOW they are not phony. They are consistent in their presentation of themselves and their stories and their insights. DickNasty is NONE OF THAT. He comes on threads and makes it all about himself or attacks others. His M.O. is to post inane Mormon Apologia.

I'm continually told don't fall for his BS. But really, he's like a ____ toothache, constantly wearing you out with the nagging distracting pain. Enough is enough. Will all this even matter in the end? I don't know. This post will probably sink into obscurity and that's ok. But I wanted anyone who gives a ____ to know where I am coming from HERE and NOW. I'm not making any demands. I'm here and that's that. But I won't be abused or trolled without fighting back. Maybe to some, that's beneath me, but I don't think so. But whatever people think, I'm who I am and I'm ok with that, flaws and all. And just so you know, I reported MYSELF to Shades. I don't like taking out the garbage or cleaning my toilet either, but it has to be done or you have to live with it. That, I'm not willing to do so think less of me for acting out. I can handle it.

PS. I did leave a notice about what I was doing with DickNasty's comments. Under every one I put a disclaimer that I was "Translating" them. So there is that. He's not being misrepresented. His ORIGINAL quotes are there for all to read. If DickNasty doesn't understand parody, then he needs to crawl back under his rock. But of course, he won't do that and will milk his whine thread for all it's worth to him. Classic example on his current thread,

Quote:
I could have extinguished the fire by not feeding and/or commenting on his response(s) to me. grindael and I are kind of like oil and water...we really don't mix well at all. :sad: Lesson learned. Hold me to it!

Then just a couple of posts later,

Quote:
The two things that bother me are his rampant usage of potty mouth language...which I have mentioned that I've come to accept as being part and parcel of who he is on the inside...and the multiple examples of misquotation. Yes, maybe it's meant to be 'funny', but nonetheless it's taking someone else's words, changing them, and quoting them as if it is the original poster saying those words. I simply don't think that's the right thing to do...

My response? ____ YOU, you arrogant asshole.

Does he even know how dishonest and ____ up he is? Apparently not. He can't let it go. He won't. And the language? It's all for him BECAUSE, as Tator astutely observed, I do indeed have his number. DickNasty could just ignore me, BUT HE WON'T. He is in a ____ of his own making. BUT THIS IS WHAT HE WANTS. I'm not going to let him have his way with me. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. And I got something very valuable from this, NO MORE WHINEFEST threads. :lol:

If DickNasty had a clue at all, he would notice that I SELDOM use bad language with others. I get along well even with my critics if they stick to the evidence and don't attack me personally. But DickNasty doesn't get it. He never will.

He's on notice. Disrupt my threads and see what happens. He won't like it. Attack me personally again and see what happens. He won't like it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Then just a couple of posts later,

Quote:
The two things that bother me are his rampant usage of potty mouth language...which I have mentioned that I've come to accept as being part and parcel of who he is on the inside...and the multiple examples of misquotation. Yes, maybe it's meant to be 'funny', but nonetheless it's taking someone else's words, changing them, and quoting them as if it is the original poster saying those words. I simply don't think that's the right thing to do...

My response? ____ YOU, you arrogant asshole.

Does he even know how dishonest and ____ up he is? Apparently not. He can't let it go. He won't. And the language?

Somehow, the 'language' isn't an issue when he wants to use it. Here's what he said to me earlier this year, all in ONE single post:
mentalgymnast the potty mouth wrote:
That's a bunch of B.S., Lemmie....

What a load of crap.....

You are the grand purveyor/queen of B.S.....

...This cockamamie crap ....
viewtopic.php?p=1028749#p1028749

Post subject: Re: A rule against malicious misquotation ... A Message To A
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:09 pm 
God

Well, his aim is to get you to quit posting and to bare his testimony. I hope you don't let him win. I love your stuff.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:11 pm 
God

Grindael wrote:
Ya got to know (for those who even care) that I've been through a lot recently. My Mom just died, and I just had a bout with cancer that I licked.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I've had close calls with my parent's health. My Dad had 3 heart attacks 2 summers ago. But thank heavens, he is still with us. It's scary and surreal when you either lose or have a sick parent.

Congrats on beating cancer. Glad you're still with us! :biggrin:

Thanks for your contributions to the board.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 am 
Dragon

From the WHINEFEST thread,

mentalgymnast wrote:
Themis wrote:
You create most of the problems for yourself here, but even now, for some reason, you don't understand that. Until you do things won't really change.

I'm not saying, at all, that I'm some kind of squeaky clean personality that never rubs other folks the wrong way. It is a two way street, granted. I think that a self imposed DMZ may be a viable solution. And I've committed to doing my part to stay on my side of that zone. Yes, I am a bit jumpy when it comes to what I believe to be attacks on my personal integrity, etc., and I may come across a bit self righteous in the process.

And I am under no illusions that I am the perfect specimen of decorum in all situations.

We all can always do better, including me.

Life is a learning process and has a learning curve. We can all be humbled at times by our own weaknesses of the flesh.

Regards,
MG

This will never end, because he can't seem to cough up an apology without including everyone else in it. Does he even realize that it was HIM who attacked me? Started this whole chain of events? Yet, he claims that his own bad behavior "is a two way street". NO IT ISN'T. It's a one way DEAD END.

And then, when someone apologizes, they don't blame EVERYONE else if they are sincere. Notice that he just can't OWN his behavior. "We can ALL always do better, including me." NO, not with that attitude, you can't. And what DMZ Zone? I never agreed to any DMZ Zone, I simply said I would not post on his threads. I don't. I won't. But there are a whole lot of other threads out there. So once again, I advise this person to be very, very careful when he addresses my comments and STOP attacking me personally. My first priority is the Historical evidence. I address that. But when I do, with him, it always devolves into personal attacks or thread derailments because he is incapable of rationally addressing evidence. And as Jersey pointed out on his WHINEFEST thread, this person has no personal integrity because he absolutely will not keep his word. He writes,

Quote:
I believe that it would be helpful from here on out for grindael and me to stay away from each other's threads.

I've BEEN staying away from his threads. For months and months now. It is on MY THREADS and OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS that the problems arise. And I will not stay away from other people's threads. This is what Jersey wrote in response to him,
mentalgymnast wrote:
Maybe I crossed a line, maybe not. But I did feel like the point I was making needed to be made.
by the way, here is a link to the original thread...and my post...that resulted in grindael's reaction and subsequent misquoting, name calling, etc. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47363

JerseyGirl wrote:
Here are quotes from two of your first posts on that thread you linked to.

mentalgymnast wrote:
You can wear out your life trying to disprove the BofM...which apparently you are well on your way to doing. In my opinion there will always continue to be evidence/counter evidence.

You are playing out your part/purpose in the scheme of things.

I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it. :smile:

Regards,
MG

grindael wrote:
...will you provide a RATIONAL reason why? ...

mentalgymnast wrote:
Hi grindael, you continually come back to "rational" thinking.

Might I suggest you listen to this podcast?

https://onbeing.org/programs/daniel-kah ... r-oct2017/

You are not being rational. It's not humanly possible.

Again, I would just as well let you go down the road that you would like to on this thread.
I was simply making a point that I believed needed to be made before you traveled down your chosen path any further.

But I'm not stopping you. :wink: Carry on.

Regards,
MG

Jersey Girl wrote:
Look at what you did. Not only did you inject personal remarks directed at the poster, you make these stupid ass denial remarks about what the impact of those remarks were to the topic itself. Your claims are completely contradicted by your behavior.

I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it. :smile:

But you DON'T leave him to it. You don't have the sense God gave you to keep your own word.

Again, I would just as well let you go down the road that you would like to on this thread.

But you DIDN'T accommodate his purpose.

But I'm not stopping you. :wink: Carry on.

YES, you were stopping him. You started jamming personal remarks and value statements about HIM into his thread. You irritated the ____ out of the guy and when he acted on his irritation, you cried wolf.

Do you lack that much self awareness? Own it for god sakes.

Own your part in the situation.

His response? To make a joke of it and blame me!

Quote:
I suppose, using hindsight, that after my initial post I would have been better served...and also grindael...if I had not responded to his further posts that were directed at me. I did respond, and that apparently further infuriated him.

I could have extinguished the fire by not feeding and/or commenting on his response(s) to me.

grindael and I are kind of like oil and water...we really don't mix well at all. :sad:

Lesson learned. Hold me to it!

Regards,
MG

Jersey's reply,
Quote:
Hold YOURSELF to it, you helpless ass.

And then, the admission that it was all a joke and a dismissal,

Quote:
I was simply bringing an element of civility/levity to the conversation (notice the exclamation point...). You don't ACTUALLY have to hold me to it. No worries. So much for civility...

He doesn't get it. We don't mix well because HE KEEPS ATTACKING ME AND MAKING SNIDE COMMENTS ABOUT MY MOTIVES, ETC. He just doesn't understand that Jersey WAS BEING CIVIL. This person is simply incapable of owning what he does. It's always someone else's fault along with his own. This will change nothing. I guarantee this is not over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:36 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
He doesn't get it. We don't mix well because HE KEEPS ATTACKING ME AND MAKING SNIDE COMMENTS ABOUT MY MOTIVES, ETC. He just doesn't understand that Jersey WAS BEING CIVIL. This person is simply incapable of owning what he does. It's always someone else's fault along with his own. This will change nothing. I guarantee this is not over.

Prophet^

I’m done with the board till he’s dealt with.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:40 pm 
Dragon

I have a question wrote:
grindael wrote:

Prophet^

For me, it was either that or... war. I have this interesting thing on Alva Beaman I'm working on now for the Inconsistent Stories thread. So check it out it'll be up in a few hours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
Area Authority

Last edited by Water Dog on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 am 
God

I have a question wrote:
grindael wrote:

Prophet^

grindael wrote:
For me, it was either that or... war....

What a shame. mentalgymnast's trolling is potentially deriving us of the contributions of two great participants.

At least his posts have been relegated to the appropriate forum, that helps considerably. His current troll cycle has lasted only 3 days (72.5 hours) during which he made about 120 posts; around 75 of those ended up in Telestial in the derailing sweep.

Consider that point.... over 60% of mentalgymnast's current posts are derailments.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:12 pm 
God

I checked in here because I noticed you changed the thread title. Then scrolling through the comments I saw that I was named. So of course, I have to comment. :-)

grindael wrote:

I was reading some of Jersey's comments about her and Lemmie.

I think this is the post you're talking about.

Jersey Girl wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Yes, I did refer to this board as an increasingly hostile place for believers through use of invective language and that sort of thing. I will stick to that. But I will repeat again, there have been and are folks here who I have enjoyed a civil/respectful conversation with. And so, yes, I know it is possible to do so.

I guess I was hoping beyond hope that the Terrestrial Forum could be a place where basic civility could be the norm among all members. I apologise if this thread seems like another "drama stage" for my concerns...but I was curious as to whether lying/misquoting/misrepresentation was an acceptable practice in this forum.

Regards,
MG

Let me point something out to you. You know how when I enter a thread that you're on (which is rare these days) and post criticism or a sarcastic remark and you imply that I, Lemmie and others are acting in concert like a gang? I believe you referred to it as gang rape. (You enormous ass who is now calling for civility when it suits you)

Have you never noticed how many times Lemmie and I go head to head at each other on this board, most often down in Paradise? Of course not.

There are some very strong personalities on this board and very good heads. I don't claim for a single second that one of the good heads belongs to me. That said, when people with strong personalities and good heads are forwarding their position in the face of opposition, you're going to generate heat off the friction.

And yet, neither Lemmie or I makes public complaints about each other like you have here and end up on some other thread enjoying a bit of humor or as is the case on this thread, in agreement with each other about a thing.

Besides the fact that we're magic like that, there's an unspoken understanding that heated exchanges aren't fatal. They constitute strong differences of opinion, the dynamic interaction between two pretty darn assertive women, and that's how we roll. Hell, Shades and I go at it, Cam and I go at it. We could be doing that in one thread and agreeing with each other on another thread at the same time. Ain't nobody gonna die from it. I actually love the intellectual stimulation of maintaining a position of opposition on one thread and swinging back and forth between that and more friendly or agreeable exchanges.

Your problem is that you enter a serious or valued thread, throw out a hook or screw it up with your idea of humor, and when you get blowback you make these types of public appeals. Nobody is going to take it seriously when you cry wolf.

Hey some guy called me the c-word a while back. Did you see me making a public appeal on this board? Nope. I made my decision about how to handle it and moved on.

I encourage you to move on.

grindael wrote:
I too, have had my run ins with Jersey. And I mean that in the best of ways. She's called me out when she sees something from me that she feels is questionable and yeah, we've gone at it. But unlike Mental, she has a point. She has an agenda, and what is that? She's true to herself. We can have disagreements, move on and forget all about them, but learn from them. Why is this important or why should anyone care? Maybe it's not. But it is to me and I do.

Of course we can go at it and move on. I'd like to think that's the case with most of us. If I tried to name the posters who I have got into um, strident or heated exchanges with and later just enjoyed the hell out of them and their ideas, I'd have to copy the member list.

Thanks for noticing that I'm true to myself. I really, really, appreciate that observation. That's my "I am my own side" philosophy and approach. I can't do this any other way because I'm really ____ at faking it. :lol:

I have more comments to make about you and what's going on here.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:30 pm 
God

I didn't know this about you.

grindael wrote:
Ya got to know (for those who even care) that I've been through a lot recently. My Mom just died, and I just had a bout with cancer that I licked. DickNasty seems to be able to read my mind, because he claims to know exactly why I'm interested in Mormon History and to him, it's all bad. I'm Satan, the Opposition. What I do is "necessary" he says. Of course, he is out to lunch, but I'm at a point in my life where it bothers me to have my motives questioned by anonymous trolls that have no inkling about Mormon History. But counter attacking someone who constantly badgers me like this is supposed to be beneath me as Shades put it:

I did read a bit about your journey that you mentioned and I think I see why this all bothers you so much. It's not just the journey itself, it's that I think your writing is therapy for you. I think it's what you do that settles your mind and what reconciles the journey itself.

I can see why MG's badgering and disruption of your thread would flip you out right now. You were in your zone and the ____ came in (one time too many at a time when you're struggling) and that was the last straw.

grindael...MG isn't ON a journey like you are. He hasn't got any way to reference or relate to your process. The only journey he's on is the one where he walks to his computer, sits down, logs in to MormonDiscussions.com and ____ around to kill time. This guy doesn't reflect, he doesn't engage, he just ____ around.

You on the other hand, come here to express yourself and get in your zone. Your writing is your Zen. It's what pulls you together, it's what takes you away from your struggles, it's how you center yourself.

And the guy comes in and throws spitballs at your journey, your Zen, your process, and that sacred space in your mind where you keep it.

grindael, ____ him.

Shades has already drawn the line. If he crosses it again, I believe that Shades will place additional limitations on him so he can't cross the line.

I am so sorry for your loss, your grief and your medical challenges. You were already dealing with challenges that you mentioned in Paradise and now all of this has happened to you.

Let's not talk about him for much longer. Don't spend your heartbeats on him. Get back to what you need to be doing here and the rest of us will ride shotgun for you, okay?

Heads up to the reader.

;-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:35 pm 
God

Well said, Jersey Girl. Amen.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 pm 
God

p.s.

Quote:
Let's not talk about him for much longer. Don't spend your heartbeats on him. Get back to what you need to be doing here and the rest of us will ride shotgun for you, okay?

Unless what you really need is to pound the hell out of somebody right now, in which case, have at it brother!

:-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:28 am 
Apostle

Jersey, I would love to get to know you better..I have not posted on here as many years as all of you. Could you somehow PM your story to me?

This is only if you have time..I so admire your courage and defining values on this board..

Hugs..Candygal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:17 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
I didn't know this about you.

grindael wrote:

I did read a bit about your journey that you mentioned and I think I see why this all bothers you so much. It's not just the journey itself, it's that I think your writing is therapy for you. I think it's what you do that settles your mind and what reconciles the journey itself.

I can see why MG's badgering and disruption of your thread would flip you out right now. You were in your zone and the ____ came in (one time too many at a time when you're struggling) and that was the last straw.

grindael...MG isn't ON a journey like you are. He hasn't got any way to reference or relate to your process. The only journey he's on is the one where he walks to his computer, sits down, logs in to MormonDiscussions.com and ____ around to kill time. This guy doesn't reflect, he doesn't engage, he just ____ around.

You on the other hand, come here to express yourself and get in your zone. Your writing is your Zen. It's what pulls you together, it's what takes you away from your struggles, it's how you center yourself.

And the guy comes in and throws spitballs at your journey, your Zen, your process, and that sacred space in your mind where you keep it.

grindael, ____ him.

Shades has already drawn the line. If he crosses it again, I believe that Shades will place additional limitations on him so he can't cross the line.

I am so sorry for your loss, your grief and your medical challenges. You were already dealing with challenges that you mentioned in Paradise and now all of this has happened to you.

Heads up to the reader.

;-)

I'll add my amen to Res Ipsa's.

grindael, I'm sorry also for your recent challenges, you have had so much to deal with. Jersey has summed it up quite well re: your writing in that context. It is obvious to all who read you that your soul is in it--it is probably also why trolls will seek out your posts to a greater extent, they win when they wreak havoc and silence great posters.

Hang in there and know you have many good friends here who are behind you all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:22 am 
God

candygal wrote:
Jersey, I would love to get to know you better..I have not posted on here as many years as all of you. Could you somehow PM your story to me?

This is only if you have time..I so admire your courage and defining values on this board..

Hugs..Candygal

Which story? I seem to have quite a lot of accounts to share that took place at various points in my life that I share for different reasons when it seems appropriate and some I don't share at all. Is it about my experience with specifically Mormons?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:38 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
I'll add my amen to Res Ipsa's.

grindael, I'm sorry also for your recent challenges, you have had so much to deal with. Jersey has summed it up quite well re: your writing in that context. It is obvious to all who read you that your soul is in it--it is probably also why trolls will seek out your posts to a greater extent, they win when they wreak havoc and silence great posters.

Hang in there and know you have many good friends here who are behind you all the way.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean--his soul is in it. No one produces that much material and it's accompanying thought without a passionate drive to do so. That fact completely escapes MG and if he does recognize it, than all the more greater is the offense and the callous disrespect.

There's a huge difference between grindael and perhaps the majority of us. I'd say the majority here are hit and miss, we go in and out of topics add our 2 cents or information, and move on, where grindael 'goes deep'. He puts in a stronger effort than most and then MG intrudes on it with his personally directed spitballs and unsolicited advice.

He lends only a superficiality to the threads of grindael and others. He acts not as an interested participant but as a disruptive nuisance and when called on it, he refuses to take personal responsibility.

I know you know this. I just wanted to validate grindael's justifiable aggravation in my own words.