It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet the Alt-Right
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:06 pm 
God

The alt-right is a rebranding of a collection of right-wing groups. Sounds pretty harmless. Alternative right. Like Alternative Rock. Just something different.

Well, meet the alt-right:

http://www.dailystormer.com/im-so-scared/

The Daily Stormer bills itself as the leading website of the alt-right. In this post, the author shows around 50 tweets in which folks express distress over the election of Donald Trump. Then the author says:

Quote:
You can troll these people and definitely get some of them to kill themselves.

Just be like “it’s the only way you can prove to the racists that Hillary was right all along.”

“Mass Suicides After Trump Victory” would be a headline the media would play up, but all it would do would demoralize the left even further.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

This isn't a joke. He isn't kidding. He doesn't just want his enemies to lose an election. It's like a Bond film: "No, Mr. Liberal, I want you to die."

Here's the cartoon that appears at the bottom of the piece:

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/446.jpg

Here's a choice selection of comments:

Commenting on Laci Green:

Quote:
That ugly moslem bitch can ____ off back to Iran!!!!

Quote:
I honestly feel like my grandfather right now who fought in the Wehrmacht. We did it... RIP Grandpa

Quote:
Be very afraid

Those libtards should be living in a 3rd world cesspit

This is why women must be banned from politics

Quote:
'm getting banned from Twitter tonight for sure

I'm mostly attacking the POC even though I hate the kikes. I'm calling everyone who is any shade of mystery meat a n***** or a beaner

Reason being POC will set fire to neighborhoods whereas Skypes will use their power structure to more quickly persecute goyim

Quote:
Like spoiled, petulant children, all of those idiots that you quoted, have NO conception of how many divine laws and human moral statutes, that they have broken!

And all of it, via the demon-craptic party, as well as by their acquiescence to the Jews' lies, about baby killers and the sodomites.

You stupid stupid people

-you deserve to die!
You deserve to be stoned in public!
You deserve to be given the full vengeance owed you, from an outraged and righteously angry people!

Your actions are not guiltless!
Your ideologies are not moral!
Your disease infected bodies, and your stupid psychopathic brains, are an afffront to the healthy people who live in your proximity, often against their will, and who appropriately loathe you!

God is not mocked!
The universe is not cheated!
The people have a right to an act of vengeance!
You all need to go!!!

This is the word of the Lord. Deo Gratias!

This is the alt-right, with a pretty new name. It is now in the process of being normalized. Breitbart news is the "news" site of the alt-right. Steve Bannon brags about it. And he ended up as part of the team that ran Trump's campaign and is being looked at for chief of staff.

By putting guys like Bannon into campaigns and transition teams, the alt-right is being normalized. The window of "acceptable" is being widened to include what was unthinkable just months ago. Alt-righters like Ajax are here and on other online forums trying to appear normal and reasonable so they can turn the unthinkable into something worth discussing and then into the range of normal. But this the stuff they say to each other when they get together.

I'm not saying that if you voted for Trump, this is who you are. But it is who you are playing footsie with.

No burying the hatchet on this ____, Ajax. No way.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Post subject: Re: Meet the Alt-Right
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:39 pm 
God

I think the Alt-Right, to be honest, probably leans more toward anarchy and online hooliganism more than anything else. It's basically anti-social Millennials reacting against perceived slights against their free speech; a reactionary movement to social justice warrior'ism.

It's as if the 'Locker Room' were taken over by a bunch of semi-autistic White kids who have either been ostracized IRL or they self-select out of society because they're nihilists. They tend to organize online to stir the pot, but they're mostly relegated to echo chambers like 4Chan much in the same way social justice warrior'ers tend to find their safe spaces on Tumblr and Reddit.

They get off on attention and reaction, but for the most part they're impotent and incompetent where it counts: logging off and participating in society. They're a non-threat politically, IMO.

- Doc

eta: I think a good example is ldsfaqs, politically speaking. He spends his days focused on those types of venues, but he's probably not even registered to vote. He's all over the place, enjoys attention through conflict, but really can't do anything in the real world for obvious reasons.

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand. eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm 
God

I hope you're right. What I am seeing is a big shift of the Overton Window in a direction that looks pretty awful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:01 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
I hope you're right. What I am seeing is a big shift of the Overton Window in a direction that looks pretty awful.

Can you explain that because I'm not sure I follow.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand. eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:33 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Can you explain that because I'm not sure I follow.

- Doc

Sorry. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:28 pm 
God

Yeah, I have the Internet, too. I'm not following your train of thought in context of the OP.

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:13 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Yeah, I have the Internet, too. I'm not following your train of thought in context of the OP.

- Doc

Pretty simple to understand. The Ult-Right is the KKK without the white sheets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:01 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Sorry, Doc. Don't mean to be obtuse. Trump shifted the window of acceptable discourse toward the alt right. Sorry to terse but I'm phone posting. And drowning my sorrows. ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:07 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Pretty simple to understand. The Ult-Right is the KKK without the white sheets.

I just want to point out that obviously it wasn't simple to understand since Res Ipsa's follow-on statement didn't reflect yours. Anyway, I could probably agree with you to a certain extent, except I think it's bigger than that. They consider themselves "refreshingly honest young men" who express the "honest inclinations of society" better than the "bleached and filtered" opinions of political correctness.

You really have to listen to them in order to understand them rather than just assign a motivation to them. Sure, racism is there, but in their minds it's a reactionary bigotry to degenerate, short-sighted, and ultimately self-destructive cultures. It's not just resigned to racial, but also cultural, gender, political, religious, etc...

They consider themselves a "windmane for the direction society is headed".

I think at the heart of the matter is there is large groundswell, a pushback of sorts, against the overt agenda of regressive liberalism and kafkatrapping of anyone who expresses an idea or opinion that doesn't fall in line with prescribed Rights and Wrongs. Liberals have successfully captured the media and intellectual narrative for so long they've become the institutional equivalent of Big Brother and have successfully transitioned thought crimes into real, actual, crimes where you lose your ability to function in the real world if you don't share their values.

The Alt Right is a Big Phuck You to that institution, an institution that, at times, makes no sense whatsoever and is rife with astonishingly hypocritical stances. So. I can see why Trumpians and Trump happened. That's why on another thread I stated that I was astonished Hillary Clinton's campaign neglected to understand them and then pander to Millennials not understanding the current political climate, nor how to address it.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:37 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

The alt-right is pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable in mainstream American political discourse in the direction of the values of the Nazi party. It's so awful to think about, and Godwining is so common, that it's not an easy thing to swallow. But it's true.