It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
honorentheos wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Honor,

Your solution is to throw more billions at the adjudicative process, no? What kind of internment do you propose for Japanese Americans illegal immigrants and their families while they are waiting for and during their, uh, adjudicative process?

- Doc

No, ____. That was so far off of what I said it leaves no other possibility than you didn't actual read it. OK.

If a person feels there is no form of asylum seeking that's legitimate, and only approves of limited immigration that fails to improve on our existing immigration practise, that person is going to be frustrated with reality no matter which aspect of it one points out. It seems that's the boat you're in.


Let it be known far and wide [Personal attack on family member deleted — RI] that he chose this.

So. ____ knuckles. Why would a woman drag her kid across thousands of miles and not claim asylum at an embassy, or a neighboring country, or in Mexico? Could it be that they know claiming asylum is just a workaround to legal immigration? Also, why isn't it considered horrific child abuse to drag your kids through all that? What about the children?!?!?

Honor (hooboy that's ironic at this point), the dumb ____ ing ____ bird that he is doesn't give two ____ about securing our borders, illegal immigrants who are used for cheap labor because WORK ETHIC, and he certainly doesn't give two flying ____ about women and children dying in our deserts.

He only gave a ____ once Trump gave him a reason to bitch about Republicans.

Hypocrite. Soft bodied keyboard warrior.

Speaking of lying hypocrites... You know that Time Mag girl, the two-year-old that was supposedly separated from her mother "seeking asylum?" The father had something ti say about that.

Quote:
Sanchez and her daughter left for the United States from Puerto Cortes, north of the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa, on June 3, Varela said. Sanchez had told her husband that she hoped to go to the United States to seek a better life for her children, away from the dangers of their home country. But she left without telling him that she was taking their youngest daughter with her. Varela, who has three other children with Sanchez, feared for the little girl’s safety, he said. Yanela is turning 2 years old at the beginning of July.


Absolutely disgusting. To drag that kid away from her family, from her father, across thousands of miles, to illegally immigrate under the guise of seeking asylum. All of you supporting this behavior are degenrates and fundamentally inhumane kn a level I can't wrap my mind around.

Sad.

- Doc


Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
I love that the little cabal will let their peeps fire away with personal insults, but move an oppossing poster's retort to this forum. This one has the tiny man's fingerprints all over it.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I love that the little cabal will let their peeps fire away with personal insults, but move an oppossing poster's retort to this forum. This one has the tiny man's fingerprints all over it.

- Doc


I split it for two reasons. First, the number and nature of the personal attacks exceeded the occasional elbow throwing that we tolerate. Second, digs based on someone’s mother’s genitalia don’t pass the PG-13. If you think I’m being unfair, please report any posts you think are comparable to this one.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
Of course. Totally not in the tank for him on this one. Look. If someone is going to start name calling and it results in a retort you could at least split off the two posts to maintain a veneer of impartiality. It's not like ____'s mother [Personal attack on family member deleted — RI] is reading the board anyway. Why do you care if his mother's three-car hatchery is referenced, anyway?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:07 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Of course. Totally not in the tank for him on this one. Look. If someone is going to start name calling and it results in a retort you could at least split off the two posts to maintain a veneer of impartiality. It's not like ____'s mother, the one with the supersized vagina, is reading the board anyway. Why do you care if his mother's three-car hatchery is referenced, anyway?

- Doc


I don’t see any name calling in the post you responded to. Also, the rules apply regardless of who is reading the board. Upon reflection, I think your comments about Honor’s mother may violate the absolute prohibition on personal attacks on family members, and am checking on that.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
Your eyes are full of dust, and your words are smoke. A pox on you until you see and your words find light.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:45 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 28109
Location: Off the Deep End
He addressed him as ____ then Cam lobbed a few back at him. I was reading. Now I’m eating ice cream in my car. Leave me alone.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Your eyes are full of dust, and your words are smoke. A pox on you until you see and your words find light.

- Doc


Sorry, Doc. We read the board with the censor on, so I missed the “____.] Still, there was a quantitative and qualitative difference that warranted this post being split off.

As our current instructions are to treat complaints about moderation as reports, I’ll flag this for attention by Shades.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:37 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
I'll remind boardmembers I never insult anyone first*, but once the line is crossed it's on like Donkey Kong.

* note I've aplogized to one poster in particular who didn't start any business and have never insulted that poster again, I was genuinely embarrassed.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 28109
Location: Off the Deep End
I have no earthly idea how you could say the following with a straight face.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sorry, Doc. We read the board with the censor on, so I missed the “____.] Still, there was a quantitative and qualitative difference that warranted this post being split off.

As our current instructions are to treat complaints about moderation as reports, I’ll flag this for attention by Shades.

If you are reading the board with the censor ON, how could you miss that a word was censored out and WHY wouldn't you disable the censor to see what it was?

There's a provocation there.

Not that my opinion on this matters in the grand scheme, but yeah, saying that you read with the censor enabled isn't a reason to pass up what took place prior to the split comments for the simple fact that you don't know WHAT was said and you like sure enough ought to be finding out.

Because then you don't know where to make the split and you don't know what was left behind.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Jersey Girl wrote:
I have no earthly idea how you could say the following with a straight face.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sorry, Doc. We read the board with the censor on, so I missed the “____.] Still, there was a quantitative and qualitative difference that warranted this post being split off.

As our current instructions are to treat complaints about moderation as reports, I’ll flag this for attention by Shades.

If you are reading the board with the censor ON, how could you miss that a word was censored out and WHY wouldn't you disable the censor to see what it was?

There's a provocation there.

Not that my opinion on this matters in the grand scheme, but yeah, saying that you read with the censor enabled isn't a reason to pass up what took place prior to the split comments for the simple fact that you don't know WHAT was said and you like sure enough ought to be finding out.

Because then you don't know where to make the split and you don't know what was left behind.

I am charged with enforcing as set of rules per direction from the board owner. My understanding is that an occasional insult thrown into a post does not warrant a split. Had Cam retaliated in kind, with an insult thrown back, I would not have split. Instead, he responded with a barrage of personal attacks, including an explicit reference to Honor’s mothers genetilia. Cam’s post was over the blatant personal attack line. Honor’s was not. Cam’s extreme response does not, IMO, change Honor’s post from something that should not be split to something that should be split. Honor is not responsible for Cam’s choice to “go nuclear.”

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 28109
Location: Off the Deep End
Thanks. You missed the point entirely.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thanks. You missed the point entirely.


I was responding to your point about provocation. As I had already pointed out my oversight to Cam, corrected my misstatement, determined that Honor’s post should not be split, and explained that to Cam, I didn’t see any need to respond to the other points in your post. If you’d like me to respond, I’d be happy to.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:26 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
If you don't wanna get hit, don't talk ____.

I didn't realize there was a board rule that states it's cool to just up and out of the blue insult someone, and that the board rule explicitly states you can't insult them back, or if you do it has to be within a set of arbitrary and ill-defined parameters.

Just admit you and the short man are in the for Honor on this one.

- Doc

[Personal attack on family member deleted -- RI]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
If you don't wanna get hit, don't talk ____.

That's not how the rules work here.

Cam wrote:
I didn't realize there was a board rule that states it's cool to just up and out of the blue insult someone, and that the board rule explicitly states you can't insult them back, or if you do it has to be within a set of arbitrary and ill-defined parameters.

The relevant board rule says don't post "blatant personal attacks" in Terrestrial or Paradise. The rule, however, isn't enforced with zero tolerance. We let folks, including you, throw an elbow from time to time. The line between throwing an elbow and a blatant personal attack is, of course, a judgment call. Honor's post was the former; yours was the latter. It's not even a close call.

Cam wrote:
Just admit you and the short man are in the for Honor on this one.

That's simply false.

[Personal attack on family member deleted -- RI]

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
Quote:
No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed.


So, I'm cool to continue calling Honor ____ knuckles until he apologizes for his craven behavior since the mods are cool with "elbow throwing" even though it's 100% against the rules?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6849
Location: On walkabout
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Quote:
No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed.

So, I'm cool to continue calling Honor ____ knuckles until he apologizes for his craven behavior since the mods are cool with "elbow throwing" even though it's 100% against the rules?

- Doc

Sorry, Doc. I’m not going to give advisory opinions based on hypotheticals. You post how you choose and I do my best to enforce the rules as Shades intends them to be enforced.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: From: Trump's War on Children
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15403
omg

You want the wiggle room to be arbitrary.

Away with you!

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group