It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:20 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Reporting in and keeping track. I draaaaaagged myself to line dance class. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to dance through one whole dance.

I DANCED FOUR!!!

It was really good. Going back next week!!!

WHOOT WHOOT!

Sounds like you did the happy dance ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 pm 
God

Thanks Meadowchik I really appreciate the encouragement! I am coming back from the slump of the world over here. I am sure I said this at the beginning of this thread somewhere but the hardest thing about starting my exercise routines again is making myself get in the car.

Just in case folks are reading here and think any part of me is naturally drawn to exercise, I almost had myself talked out of it today. It was all I could do to grab my water bottle and keys, open the front door and actually GO.

This is my jump start. So tomorrow I'll choose something like planks and keep rotating choices until I end up in the gym.

There's tons of line dance videos on youtube if anyone is interested. Look for beginner choreography if you're new to it. You can find almost any kind of music--country, hip hop, whatever. Just choose a song you like and search for a line dance of it.

I'm starting at square one again. I should look back through this thread and see how many times I had to re-start working out although that might be too depressing!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 pm 
God

BMI Visualizer http://www.bmivisualizer.com/

:eek:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am 
God

Girl's alive and dancing. It's going really well so far and I love it. Dancing right next to one of my former parents and right behind another. :eek: I so wish there was no one I knew there. Neither of them have ever seen me in this context. It's weird. I mean, they've seen me do the hokey pokey.

Last time the instructor was talking about how the dancers had the steps down but were not using their arms or whatever. He told them to watch me. :redface: Then one of the parents turns to me and says how she loves to watch me dance and all. :redface: Then near the end of class he asks me to help demonstrate partner dancing. :redface:

:redface: :redface: :redface:

I know I can dance, but I'd really like to be invisible...like at the gym. I don't want to be watched. I just want to dance. We've learned 3 dances total. I knew the first one and the other two were easy to pick up. Last time we danced a total of 9 times and then I danced a 10th time with the instructor. Pretty good progress. So that's 1.5 hours of exercise which can be somewhat considered cardio. It sure as heck feels like a cardio workout but in a good way and it's fun. My heart hasn't flipped out.

Phoenix girl is rising up out of the ashes over here... :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22