The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

More toxic pockets on the board today. Let's hide out and talk, Jersey. Sure, why not?

So this is getting a little weird however I have things figured out. I want everyone to know what worthless crap Tricare international coverage is. This is how they cover you overseas. Something goes wrong and for whatever reason you need to be hospitalized. In which case, you pay upfront for your hospitalization and everything that happens during it, take the bill home with you and submit it to Tricare for reimbursement.

:lol:

I actually laughed when I was on the phone with the Tricare rep. because hypothetically speaking, I could be in hock to NHS for let's say 20K for hospitalization, not be able to pay it on the spot, get discharged to a UK jail and sit there rot.

Again, :lol: .

Anyway, emergency care in the UK is completely free to visitors, I know where to go to get help and my travel insurance covers any possible hospitalization and dental emergency.

But isn't ironic how one can serve their country for x number of years, eventually moving on to Tricare and find out that if you want to travel internationally--it's really a giant kick in the butt?

Thank you for your service. You bet.

:rolleyes:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

WE'RE ON COUNTDOWN!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Where'd all the people go? Did you guys meet your goals and I'm the only one left?

Well I'm the only one left at 125 pounds!

:mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Ooh, what’s that right around the corner?
... Holiday Baking Season ..!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Ooh, what’s that right around the corner?
... Holiday Baking Season ..!

Copy Cat Starbucks Gingerbread

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temperature
1 cup applesauce (or pear sauce, or apple butter) I used a 15 oz can of pears, drained and pureed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
cream cheese frosting
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 - 3 cups confectioner's sugar

Instructions

Set oven to 350F

Spray a 9x5 loaf pan lightly with cooking spray, and then, if you like, line it with parchment paper leaving the ends long so you can lift it out when it's cool.

Cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and the egg.

Blend in the applesauce.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and then add it to the bowl slowly. When everything is incorporated, turn the batter into your pan and smooth it out.

Bake for about 55 minutes, or until it is risen and a toothpick comes out clean. Loaf pans and ovens can vary greatly, use your common sense to tell you when your cake is done. Check it early.

Let cool completely on a rack before frosting.

To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with the vanilla and then add 2 1/2 cups of the sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Add a little more sugar if it's not as thick as you like.

https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/copy ... ngerbread/
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I swear I just remembered that I wanted to share and express this here. So, I go over to my bank branch the other day because I wanted to get a little pile of pounds (the kind you spend) to have in my pocket when I arrive even though I plan to visit the ATM in the airport to get some, right?

So I go to the teller or whatever they're called now and tell her I want to order 300 dollars in British Pounds. So she starts looking in her directory (I assume) on her computer. And she asks me, (wait for it)

So would that be Germany?
:surprised:
[b:338kcn4r]
In my head:[/b:338kcn4r] [b:338kcn4r]OMG I'm dealing with a dumbass[/b:338kcn4r]

I tell her, "No, Germany would be Deutsche Marks, or DM's. I want 300 US Dollars worth of British Pounds. Great Britain, the UK, United Kingdom."

[b:338kcn4r]In my head: WTF I have to give her a geography lesson now? [/b:338kcn4r]

She finally locates them. "Oh here it is! Great Britain Pounds! "

Me: Does it say GBP?

Her: Yes!

Me: Then that's what I want. I want 300 US dollars worth.

So...she does her bit on the computer and asks me if I want 2 day delivery or overnight.

Me: You know what, just overnight it so I know I'll have it.

So...she sets it up and then takes the money out of my account, right? When I look at it on MY screen, I see that Ms. dumbass who doesn't know the difference between Germany and Great Britain, has taken the fees OUT of the 300 US dollars so I end up NOT getting 300 US dollars worth of British Pounds.

At this point, I'm over it. I sign off on it and be done. “F” it.

I swear, I am not the most intelligent being on the planet. I suppose that qualifies me to work in a bank now. I could sit on my butt all day long not knowing a damn thing and still make money doing it.

Maybe I'll apply when I get back.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Well obviously I'm back from the trip. Planning on writing about it today finally. But first let me say...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, don't keep us in suspense...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

[quote="Doctor CamNC4Me":2hth183k]Well, don't keep us in suspense...

- Doc[/quote:2hth183k]

I wasn't trying to keep anyone in anything. My mood tanked to crap after reading TFB. But anything for you, buddy!

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:I wasn't trying to keep anyone in anything. My mood tanked to ____ after reading TFB.

"TFB" = ?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley