The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by _The CCC »

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:Now, see, those Pepperidge Farms bags are so adorably sized that I’ve always considered them to be single-serving packages. :biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I do like anything that screams "short bread cookie". These are addictive, but so far I'm standing my ground!

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The CCC wrote:They come in big boxes too. :wink: :biggrin:
SEE https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pepperidge-F ... es&veh=sem

The devil is alive and well at Walmart!

:twisted:
Chinese Proverb
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

123. Get. OUT.

:mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I see EA's pathological need to be right outweighs (no pun intended) his need to be correct.

Here's what my wife and I purchased for $11.14 at a local Rancho Market:

This was an experiment done by the Nutrition class at the SLC Community College for those who thought like EA, that eating well is beyond the reach of the impoverished.

For the $10 Challenge I chose to go to the Rancho Market, which is a Latin market near me. Latin markets have some of the best produce selection for the best price. The items I was able to purchase were:

10lbs Idaho Potatoes
2lbs Carrots
1.45 Oranges
.42lb (1) Green Bell Pepper
.9lb (3) Roma Tomatoes
1lb Lentils
1lb Yellow Split Peas
2lbs Bananas
1lb Frozen Spinach
1lb Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower Blend

For a total weight of 11.7 lbs.
Cost: $10.82 before tax, and $11.14 after tax

The fact of the matter is we have a food addiction problem in this country, and if you're really talking about not having enough money to meet our needs, the sheer amount of counseling and pharmacology you would require to treat food addiction would be astronomical. I think that's what EA is getting at, that you can't lose weight because you're not really in control of your own faculties, or some such nonsense.

I dunno. Chalk it up to gut bacteria, daddy issues, or Big Fast Food waging psychological warfare on us since we were infants.

Then again I'm watching a Premier League soccer match and can't quite fathom why all those players aren't giant sacks of adipose tissue. Must be their gut bacteria or something...

- Doc

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/pos ... &p=1098889

Okay, so tell me how you made this. Tell me what one batch in the Instant Pot is...how much water added? Did you freeze the potatoes in the soup and do they reheat well?
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

We have one of these:

http://www.instantpot.com (the one pictured on the far left)

https://instantpot.com/instantpot-cooking-time/

ctrl + f 'lentils' and it'll take you right to the settings.

You literally just dump your lentils into the pot (after washing them of course & don't forget the water), throw in your diced veggies, or bagged veggies, one bouillon cube, and season to taste of you're done cooking it.

We bought a stack of those black plastic meal container thingies:

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+p ... 80&bih=617

and basically filled each one up and threw them in the freezer. The soup itself is really good over a baked potato. OR you can just pressure cook your potatoes and add them to the soup to bulk it up. The meal is surprisingly filling and tasty.

Suuuuuuper cheap. Super easy. The ingredients can be acquired virtually anywhere. I don't know what the “F” is EA's deal, but he's up in the night arguing his point.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thanks, I'm going to try that combination. I have soup recipes, including a lentil soup, but I get tired of it. I still haven't used the Instant Pot on my own yet. I might trade the bullion for a vegetable soup broth thing that I've switched to for other soups.

I'm interested in any recipes that contain lentils and beans. I'm not fond of split peas, but I'm wiling to give it a go in something other than ham/split pea soup which I basically despise.

So that is basically clean eating, something I strive for.

I appreciate you responding to the call to take this here. I didn't want to derail the other thing.
Chinese Proverb