Building the FARMS Ziggurat

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MrSimpleton
_Emeritus

Re: Building the FARMS Ziggurat

Post by _MrSimpleton »

LOLOLOL....I did not mean to resurrect this thread. My apologies to the Board.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

MrSimpleton wrote:LOLOLOL....I did not mean to resurrect this thread. My apologies to the Board.

Requiescat in pace.
Died Apr 26, 2009

:lol:

We've all done it.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Never say "never"

No, not trashjustintrashbiebertrash, trash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEWyTqy_0Lg

Wait to the miracle ... never say it is over.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

A trip down memory lane. Truth is stranger than fiction.

For those of you who are unfamilar with DCP and the Ziggurat, this is a must read.

It's too bad that we will never see a Mormon Interpreter version of the Ziggurat being bulit, due to its dire financial condition.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The FARMS Ziggurat would have been of substantial importance on the campus of BYU. It could have withstood a siege by critics for over a fortnight.

A beacon set ablaze from the topmost altar would have been visible from as far away as Lehi. Many yet to be invented ceremonies could have been held in the Throne Room, including the investiture of all succeeding FARMS Directors. BYU gardeners could have added sufficient foliage to the battlements to make the FARMS Ziggurat a true wonder of the modern world.

It would have made the front cover of Mesopotamia Today.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Penguin, you don't get the accolades you so richly deserve! I absolutely LOVE your posts!!! You are one of the very best things on this message board and I find myself ev eryday asking "what has the penguin said today" and look forward to reading your posts. Your masterful humor and insights are second to absolutely NONE. God bless you
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:Your masterful humor and insights are second to absolutely NONE. God bless you

Thank you, Kerry. If I was younger I would join the Elder's Quorum Master Debater team. How about you? Do you think we can count on Shulem?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace