Strangest thing seen in The Temple?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Strangest thing seen in The Temple?

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I the time I went through the Bellvue (Seattle) temple after returning from my mission was a bit shocking. I opened one of the lockers to stow my clothes and there was an empty pint bottle. Whiskey. I couldn't believe it. Just another small shelf item regarding discernment and desecration and whatnot.

- Doc

Damn! So that’s where I left it.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I the time I went through the Bellvue (Seattle) temple after returning from my mission was a bit shocking. I opened one of the lockers to stow my clothes and there was an empty pint bottle. Whiskey. I couldn't believe it. Just another small shelf item regarding discernment and desecration and whatnot.

- Doc

Damn! So that’s where I left it.

:lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

I quite liked the Adam and Eve narrative, especially the cosmos part and the exchanges between Elohim and Christ. There was some beauty in that, I thought.

The Masonry, however, seems like such a forced error given current belief, though it does appear necessary if it had been a way to secure secrecy for early polygamy. Now, even without the bathtubs and penalties, it is still incongruent to introduce secrets that must be guarded because you promise to keep them secret. It seems opposite of the Gospel. And no, they're not special pearls, just detritus.

Although, more and more, as Chapel Mormon awareness of historicity conflicts becomes ubiquitous, it may come full circle: again, Mormons will have something to hide, but not just from the law or public, but it will be hiding such awareness from themselves.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

A couple of young West Desert Aliens poking their head out of the hatchway door separating the 17th sublevel beneath the Temple from the caverns below. No harm was meant, they were just curious about the strange looking humans scurrying about in white clothing.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace