Is Jersey Girl a Mod on this Board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Is Jersey Girl a Mod on this Board

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Is Jersey Girl a Mod on this Board...cause if she can move threads then she must be a MOD on this board...

Right??
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

No...She's not a Mod. She's not moving threads. She's transferring pertinent posts.

Anyone can do that. All you have to do is hit the quote feature, and copy/paste the entire post into a new window.

I just did it for the thread we're starting on the Celestial board. I don't hold Mod status here, either.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

No, the only mods are Shades and I. Jersey Girl just quotes to different forums when she wants to use the cuss words.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

keene wrote:No, the only mods are Shades and I. Jersey Girl just quotes to different forums when she wants to use the cuss words.

Understood...and thank you

Keene
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Misery, you look much more studious with the glasses.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

I love her avatars, yours too, Mok. I wish I had a t-shirt with that penguin on it. Where did you get that pic?
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

What Misery is referring to is an event on another thread where I misspoke saying that I would move a thread into the CF in order to continue a dialogue with Enuma Elish, who at first objected to her language usage in the existing thread and posted a farewell post. I later self corrected and stated that I would relocate posts that were relevant to the topic. Enuma Elish changed his mind and continued to post on the existing thread.

Thanks to Liz, the pertinent exchanges have been relocated in the Celestial Forum.

I'm a gettin' there!

Jersey Girl
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Thanks to Liz, the pertinent exchanges have been relocated in the Celestial Forum.

??? That's impossible, since Liz isn't a moderator.

Do you mean she copied-and-pasted something to the Celestial Forum and continued the conversation there?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Thanks to Liz, the pertinent exchanges have been relocated in the Celestial Forum.

??? That's impossible, since Liz isn't a moderator.

Do you mean she copied-and-pasted something to the Celestial Forum and continued the conversation there?

Yes, Shades....

I copy/pasted the pertinent material from the other thread and started a new one dealing specifically with Gnostic Gospels in the Celestial Forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

:)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think the concept of dividing the forums into different content areas is a brilliant one. It allows for the exercise of vital free speech, while at the same time protecting posters from language and behavior that is offensive to many. It is such a good attempt to keep all happy. As a moderator at Beliefnet, I know that moderators cannot be everywhere at once. That is why the normative behavior of participants in keeping order can be not only helpful but appreciated. So, while Misery may object to Jersey Girl or Liz helping out, I as a participant was thankful for their efforts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace