Sorry about that

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Sorry about that

Post by _wenglund »

Over the last several days I have let my frustrations and disappointments get the best of me, and I wrongfully chose to react in ways that were hurtful and diminishing to me and those I interacted with. For that I am very sorry. I hope you all can forgive my human fallibility.

There were a variety of ways that I could have viewed the situation and responded that could have been mutually uplifting instead of dysfunctional and rancorous, and I wish dearly that I had chosen them instead of what I did.

However, while I can't change the past, I do have some control over the future. And, I see it in the interest of all parties concerned for me to choose the uplifting alternatives going forward.

I hope others can learn from this and not make or repeat the same mistake I did.

Lastly, I wish to express deep appreciation and admiration to John (Runtu), for setting such a wonderful example in choosing not to respond in kind, and for choosing instead to find ways to reconcile and heal and uplift. That speaks volumes about the high quality and healthy nature of his character.

I am very grateful to Enuma Elish as well for showing me a positive alternitive to the way I viewed and reacted to the situation.

And, Scratch is also deserving of credit for his having chosen to let alot of what I said roll off his back, and for responding in a humorous way. Much of my mean-spiritedness yesterday was directed his way, and he, for the most part, handled it very well. It is to him that my sincere apology is mostly directed, though john, and Beastie and Liz and others are due apologies too.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Good for you Wade. Making amends is always a good thing to do. Runtu, Scratch, Beastie and you are all deserving of dignity and respect .
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Wade--

Everyone has a bad day.

I accept your apology and hope you accept mine. I'm afraid I responded on the other thread to your unkind comments in a not so kind fashion myself.

Mods are free to delete my last comment on the Beastie thread.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Sorry about that

Post by _Mister Scratch »

wenglund wrote:Over the last several days I have let my frustrations and disappointments get the best of me, and I wrongfully chose to react in ways that were hurtful and diminishing to me and those I interacted with. For that I am very sorry. I hope you all can forgive my human fallibility.

There were a variety of ways that I could have viewed the situation and responded that could have been mutually uplifting instead of dysfunctional and rancorous, and I wish dearly that I had chosen them instead of what I did.

However, while I can't change the past, I do have some control over the future. And, I see it in the interest of all parties concerned for me to choose the uplifting alternatives going forward.

I hope others can learn from this and not make or repeat the same mistake I did.

Lastly, I wish to express deep appreciation and admiration to John (Runtu), for setting such a wonderful example in choosing not to respond in kind, and for choosing instead to find ways to reconcile and heal and uplift. That speaks volumes about the high quality and healthy nature of his character.

I am very grateful to Enuma Elish as well for showing me a positive alternitive to the way I viewed and reacted to the situation.

And, Scratch is also deserving of credit for his having chosen to let alot of what I said roll off his back, and for responding in a humorous way. Much of my mean-spiritedness yesterday was directed his way, and he, for the most part, handled it very well. It is to him that my sincere apology is mostly directed, though john, and Beastie and Liz and others are due apologies too.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Hey, no problem, Wade. You know me: I love a good MB brawl. So, no need to apologize to me, though I agree with Moksha that that was quite a gracious post.

Edited to add: I'm just curious, why was the bulk of your "mean-spiritedness" directed at me? What was it that I did, exactly?
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Good for you, Wade.

I don't believe internet interactions bring out the best in anyone, including myself.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Yeah, that outroar from you was pretty intense. I don't often read this forum, I try to be as non-partial as possible, but your rants were quite off the wall. I'm glad you've decided to change.

Of course, my policy is always to refuse apologies -- I don't think it's at all important on the path of repentance. Not nearly as much as PERMANENT, POSITIVE change. We'll see how it turns out. :)
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Hi Wade,

We are all human :-) ... we all make mistakes, have bad days, get our feelings hurt, do things we regret.

While I was not one for whom the mean spiritedness was directed, I applaud your efforts and sincerity!

Blessings and peace to you,

~dancer~
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Apology accepted here, Wade. I'm certainly not free of guilt in treating people badly. I apologize for sometimes getting irritable and insulting. That's why I had decided to leave. Maybe my instincts were correct, and we might not have reached this point had I stayed with that decision.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

You are to be commended for taking the high road, Wade. It takes a good deal of fortitude to post such an apology.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

I very much appreciate all the kind words and particularly for those who graciously accepted my sincere apology. It gives me all the more reason to want to improve my end of the interactions here and elsewhere with those with whom I disagree. By your graciously accepting my apologies, I have already experienced the personal benefits of attempting to improve my behavior, and I hope you each will reap the benefits going forward as well.

It is also encouraging to learn that I am not alone here in recognizing and acknowleging personal and interpersonal short-comings in the way we each interact on this board. Knowing that others are striving to better themselves in the way they view and talk to others here, gives hope that the exchanges between us will be increasingly more fruitful and mutually uplifting. And, I think that the more this is the objective of participants here, the better off we all will be.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-