BEASTIE: Please boycott the pundits forum!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

beastie wrote:heh - I don't have to copy the post because it's in the main forum, but Juliann's coy reply was that exmembers ARE nonmembers.

This is almost becoming painful to read on her behalf.

Well, if exmembers are nonmembers they can't very well be considered "apostates" under the definition given by the CHI, which, according to juliann, is perfectly square with the scholars.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

wenglund wrote:
liz3564 wrote: Wade, I agree that there are a few posters here who have strong animosity against the Church and attack it. Vegas and Polygamy Porter come to mind.

However, the majority of posters here have issues with certain aspects of the Church they disagree with, and attempt to intelligently discuss and debate them.

It's fine if you disagree with an issue. I have managed to carry on intelligent conversations with Gaz and Paul O., for example, without engaging in personal animosity.

You, however, in your efforts to be "charitable", have still attacked the poster in a condescending manner, and acted like an arrogant ass.

Now, if you care to REALLY change your attitude, maybe more people would actually engage you in conversation.

Until then, I'm glad to at least see that you are "showing your true colors".

What you just preached and claim to practice, would have rung more true were it not for the rank hypocrisy in your calling me an "arrogant ass", and how you viewed my approach in such an imbalanced and one-sided fashion.

And, gee...why woudn't I want to be like the gracious and reasonable you?

Yes, your getting kicked off of a message board that you were moderating, and whining and complaining about it for months on multiple boards, and back-slapping and high-fiving your fellow wound-likers at most every turn (even those who have shown open disdain for your faith), is certainly evidence of your diplomatic and people skills, if not your admirable sense of priority. LOL

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

As far as calling you an arrogant ass, Wade.....I call 'em as I see 'em. ;)

And...your approach WAS imbalanced and one-sided! Give me a break!

Gee, Wade....let's all follow YOUR example. Let's all be single, fifty-something armchair psychologists with no real credentials who pretend to "help" people while looking down our noses at them. Let's also all be obsessed with homosexuality and build a website to further "help" people with their supposed problem. Let's make nonsensical arguements and hide under the guise of defending our faith.

Yes, Wade, by all means....let's all by you!