Will the Church have to fast again for more relief?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Will the Church have to fast again for more relief?

Post by _Shulem »

Will President NelSatan call for another fast wherein all members have to go hungry, yet again, in order to plead with the Lord to provide more relief? Recall how he said, "Good Friday would be the perfect day to have our Heavenly Father and His Son hear us!", as if one day is really any better than another for a God who sits atop his throne all the time greedily waiting for more prayers from his saints. What difference does it really make what day it is? Is choosing the "perfect" day really going to make a difference? Nonetheless, Nelsatan said, "Let us prayerfully plead for relief from this global pandemic".
President NelSatan April 2020 wrote:I wish to express my deep gratitude to all who participated in the recent fasts—both on Good Friday, April 10, and on Sunday, March 29—as we joined together to petition our Heavenly Father for relief from the effects of COVID-19.
115,000 souls had already perished from the pandemic by the time the saints went hungry for their Good Friday fast in pleading for relief and in pleading for healing throughout the world as the saints look forward to a recovery from this worldwide pandemic.

And now, several months later the death toll is reaching the 1,000,000 mark with no relief in sight for those numbers to slow down anytime soon. The USA has already topped 200,000 deaths and Utah now has 436 deaths wherein less than 20 had died on the day of the Good Friday fast. Current projections for Utah will result in over 1,000 deaths by the end of the year and one of those could be NelSatan himself if he's not careful.

So far none of the apostles have died from Covid-19. Is that a miracle? No, how hardly. It's just that they are locked up in their homes rubbing sanitizer on their bodies wondering when the pandemic will end.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Will the Church have to fast again for more relief?

Post by _Shulem »

You get all this for skipping 2 meals:

How many caregivers have perished so far? Is God really protecting them because the Mormons skip a couple meals?

Has the economy been strengthened, yet? I don't think so. It looks pretty bad to me.

Life sure isn't normal and it isn't going to be anytime soon. I guess the Mormons will have to skip more meals to speed the process up?

Thank God for the Mormons!
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Perhaps a hunger strike would cause god to pay more attention?
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

The members are conditioned to forget about these things until the things they fasted for actually come to pass. When we get a vaccine and the numbers go down to a level where the experts say masks are no longer necessary and we can get back to normal, then that means the fast worked. It could be tomorrow or 10 years from now. It is up to the lord. If these things never come to pass, then the members quickly forget about the promises that Nelson made.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

malkie wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Yeah, I would have more repsect for that. A 2 meal fast isn't much of a sacrifice. Most members I know break their fast around 3PM after having a huge meal the night before in preparation. Wow, big sacrifice.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Obviously God is being a stuck up jerk. Perhaps if Mormons fast for 3 meals every other day for the next year God might decide to finally intervene and demonstrate His supposed "eternal" love........ :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 am
Yeah, I would have more repsect for that. A 2 meal fast isn't much of a sacrifice. Most members I know break their fast around 3PM after having a huge meal the night before in preparation. Wow, big sacrifice.
I remember those horrible days of having to fast. The childhood memories of fasting are the worst. Nothing but torture and discomfort. I hated it. Despised it. Fasting is another tool in religion's toolbox to control its mindless sheep.

Never again. I eat and drink to my heart's content. Let the Mormons suffer and fast. They deserve to suffer by going hungry. After all, they are following their prophet so let them go hungry.

:lol: