Please, I beg you, don't go to the Temple of Death

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: Please, I beg you, don't go to the Temple of Death

Post by _cwald »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm
...The unauthorized changes show that Church leaders no longer regard Smith's authority in restoring and setting the ordinances in place.

Taking the penalties out of the endowment is like taking the confirmation out of baptism. The oath without the penalty is like water without Spirit -- it's half a baptism! Likewise, an oath without consequences is half a promise.
The church is in apostasy. They've done pretty well the exact same thing folks like Talmage and McKonkie accused the Catholic Church of doing which required this whole "restoration" fiasco to begin with.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

What lurks within the walls of the temple?

Enter at your own risk
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Please, do not go to the Mormon Temple of Death, wherein you may inflict upon yourself the sickness of Covid-19 and spread the virus among your own family -- possibly killing a family member, perhaps your own mother or, even your grandmother!
No need to worry. The veil stops all viruses. :smile:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Themis wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:04 pm
No need to worry. The veil stops all viruses. :smile:

Ah, but Corona Virus stopped ALL the temples!

So, what is greater, the veil that stops all viruses or the VIRUS that stops all temples?

I say this in the name of Corona Virus, Amen.

:twisted:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

How We Can Access the Power of the Temple during COVID-19

Elder Dale G. Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles affirms that those who received their endowments prior to 1990 and thereby entered the oath and covenant of PENALTIES remain today under that covenant.
Renlund wrote:When we go to the temple, we don’t renew our covenants as we do proxy temple work. Rather, we are reminded of the covenants that we once made. It’s by keeping those covenants that we access the power of godliness in our lives—whether we’re able to physically go to the temple or not.
It's crystal clear that older Mormons are still under the PENALTY obligation but those who went to the temple after 1990 know nothing of those oaths. Renlund says that when one goes to the temple to do proxy work they are reminded of the covenants they once made, all of them, and that would include the oaths that have since been discontinued.
Renlund wrote:Our ability to access the power of godliness depends on us keeping the covenants we’ve made with Him.
It's clear that the penalties are still in effect for those who swore those oaths.
Renlund wrote:As I have worked with other leaders on how and when our temples can reopen, I have felt an outpouring of the Savior’s love and influence on this situation. He is in charge. He is guiding us to know how our temples can reopen as safe places of worship. I continue to be in awe of all that He is guiding us to do.
Again, an apostle tips his hand that he has not seen Jesus. None of the apostles see Jesus. They claim that Jesus is "guiding" them through his love (FEELINGS NOT VISIONS) in how to go about and reopen temples. Renlund is in awe of these feelings of guidance but that's all they are. No visions, no personal physical manifestations of Jesus in the flesh like apostles of the Bible.