Members push back & WIN! on proposed temple development

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Members push back & WIN! on proposed temple development

Post by _Philo Sofee »

MG pouts
All I see you do is come in here and name a bunch of books that you’ve read as though that makes your opinion more valuable. I have not seen evidence that you do your own thinking.
I'm not the one bragging on doing original thinking MG........
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:10 am
MG pouts
All I see you do is come in here and name a bunch of books that you’ve read as though that makes your opinion more valuable. I have not seen evidence that you do your own thinking.
I'm not the one bragging on doing original thinking MG........
I’ve done my fair share over the years on this board. Folks typically don’t agree with my random surmisings and alternate ways of tossing things around in my head, but that’s beside the point.

Regards,
MG
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:42 am
MG
Can you not do any thinking on your own? As you can see, I can. And often do.
You haven't had an original though outside of Mormonism's thinking for years. Who do you think you are kidding? Yours is a warm pudding of regurgitated Mormonism, not your own original thinking. If it ain't in and aligned with Mormonism, you wouldn't know it.
Have to agree with Philo here. Completely.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Members push back on proposed temple development

Post by _I have a question »

I have a question wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm
As I've shown with quotes, according to your Church Leaders your God is involved in all the light repetitive stuff, for everyone, all the time. Are you disagreeing with them? And I repeat my request: Can you find a quote from a Church Leader where they state that God is too busy to get involved with the First Presidency on projects? What about one where the members are told not to bother God with details or small stuff?
mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:19 am
Do you absolutely have to have a quote for anything that you have a problem with? Can you not do any thinking on your own? As you can see, I can. And often do.

Regards,
MG
I'm pointing out that your belief that God doesn't directly get involved with details and small stuff is an apostate perspective. You're not at odds with me on this, it's your own Church Leaders that you're actually debating.