The Pressure Mounts: Can Brian Stubbs Deliver for "Interpreter" by Friday?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: The Pressure Mounts: Can Brian Stubbs Deliver for "Interpreter" by Friday?

Post by _Gadianton »

Doctor Scratch,

This is a stunning development. So the book is from 2014 and just getting reviewed now? And what are Grover's prospects for getting a spot on Mormon Scholars Testify? This is a well-known conundrum for the Mopologists. On the one hand, here's all this good work done in defense of the cause, but on the other hand, no Phd. Will they give Grover a spot at Mormon Scholars Testify with only a Masters? After years of mulling it over, Brandt Gardner was finally invited on MST, even though 80% of those featured don't know crap about Mormon issues; they just have a Phd in something. I wonder how he felt: Here's a guy who has churned out volumes in defense of the LGT, but it took years before the sorority snobs gave him an invite. Meanwhile, any yahoo with a business Phd who got married at BYU, got a great job, assumed he was God's gift to the universe because he has a patriarchal blessing that say's hell be "the crap" and never spent 5 minutes reflecting on anything, got in by default. I've always thought that was really unfair.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: The Pressure Mounts: Can Brian Stubbs Deliver for "Interpreter" by Friday?

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 am
Doctor Scratch,

This is a stunning development. So the book is from 2014 and just getting reviewed now? And what are Grover's prospects for getting a spot on Mormon Scholars Testify? This is a well-known conundrum for the Mopologists. On the one hand, here's all this good work done in defense of the cause, but on the other hand, no Ph.D.. Will they give Grover a spot at Mormon Scholars Testify with only a Masters? After years of mulling it over, Brandt Gardner was finally invited on MST, even though 80% of those featured don't know ____ about Mormon issues; they just have a Ph.D. in something. I wonder how he felt: Here's a guy who has churned out volumes in defense of the LGT, but it took years before the sorority snobs gave him an invite. Meanwhile, any yahoo with a business Ph.D. who got married at BYU, got a great job, assumed he was God's gift to the universe because he has a patriarchal blessing that say's hell be "the ____" and never spent 5 minutes reflecting on anything, got in by default. I've always thought that was really unfair.
Well, I can't help but wonder how much of a factor money plays in all of this. Maybe Grover chipped in a tidy sum for the "Witnesses" movie? (And where's that "official" trailer already? They are really dragging their feet....)
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14