"Facsimile 3 Figure 6 ????? Slave On The Path Of Ascension" -- Apologists strike back defending Book of Abraham Facsimile!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: "Facsimile 3 Figure 6 – Slave On The Path Of Ascension" -- Apologists strike back defending Book of Abraham Facsimil

Post by _Shulem »

Joseph Smith taught that being a slave is a consequence of being black through the Curse of Cain, a former Church doctrine taught by apostles and prophets of Mormonism. Therefore, Joseph Smith AUTOMATICALLY labeled the black personage of Facsimile No. 3 as a 'slave' and invented a fictitious name in his behalf.

In other words:

Slave = Black
Black = Slave
Joseph Smith 1842 wrote: Elder Hyde inquired the situation of the negro. I replied, they came into the world slaves, mentally and physically.
So, how is it "they came into the world slaves"? What on earth did President Smith refer to when he made that statement?

Smith's original Curse of Cain doctrine was fully embraced by Brigham Young and succeeding Church Presidents. Smith's foundational claim that BLACK = SLAVE is founded in the Book of Genesis in which Smith was very familiar. The Curse of Cain was maintained through the line of Canaan -- the son who saw his drunken naked father passed out in his tent.
Genesis 9:25,26 wrote:And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
So there you have it. Canaan is going to be the SERVANT and that means his race will be the slaves of the earth. Joseph Smith went on to champion his Curse of Cain doctrine by inserting it into his Book of Moses:
Moses7:8 wrote:For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
Moses 7:22 wrote:And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
There you have it. The Curse of Cain is manifested in the Canaanites who were black and the servants or slaves of the world.

That my friends, is Mormonism -- pure Mormonism! Endorsed by Joseph Smith himself!

Thus we see that Joseph Smith automatically in his ignorance and racial bias determined that the black man in Facsimile No. 3 must have been a slave. But we know that Joseph Smith was wrong. We know that the interpretation given in the Book of Abraham Explanations are false.

We demand that the Church correct these errors and make appropriate amends. If the Church continues to refuse to do this, I will hold the Church accountable and will punish the Church in my own way and in my own due time.

Shulem
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: "Facsimile 3 Figure 6 – Slave On The Path Of Ascension" -- Apologists strike back defending Book of Abraham Facsimil

Post by _Shulem »

QUESTIONS

The ancient Egyptian scribe who drew the original person depicted on the papyrus vignette known today as Facsimile NO. 3, Fig. 6, intended the character to be an actual representation of the god, Anubis.

[x] YES
[ ] NO

The ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic writing above the head of the person of Fig. 6, correctly labels the person below and acknowledges him as "Anubis", a god of Egypt.

[x] YES
[ ] NO

The funerary representation of the person depicted in Fig 6, is wholly and entirely a religious depiction glorifying the Egyptian god Anubis in the heavenly court of Osiris.

[x] YES
[ ] NO

The Explanation of Facsimile No. 3, regarding the black character being a slave is correct.

[ ] YES
[x] NO
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

The black character is depicted fondling the white character's bum. Would Brigham have approved?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO
[X] DEATH ON THE SPOT

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:58 pm
The black character is depicted fondling the white character's bum. Would Brigham have approved?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO
[X] DEATH ON THE SPOT
Which goes to show that Brigham Young was not only a horrible racist but he had a violent attitude towards blacks who only wanted to live as white people do. But that would not do. Brigham Young would have no part in admitting blacks into his club. They would remain second class citizens and shut out of the temple and barred from the priesthood.

To be black *was* a curse according to Mormonism.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'M NOT A SLAVE!

No, you're not a slave, Michael, and neither is Anubis.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I would not hesitate to lynch a negro who dare seduce one of the daughters of my family.

Hang him. The cursed black skin of Ham has no place in the Holy Temple.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

"NFL's Washington Redskins will change name and logo"

Now is the time, the Mormon Church should do the right thing and drop its false revelation against ancient Egypt.

Anubis is NOT a slave. The Mormon Church is dead wrong.

STOP this insane campaign of printing lies in Mormon canon. It's wrong, period.

There is nothing the Church can do to make it right other than detract and eliminate the Explanation from their Book of Abraham Facsimile illustration.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

In the NEWS

Post by _Shulem »

Mormon Church continues to publish slander against ancient Egyptians in racial bias against blacks

Church officials in Salt Lake City, headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints, confirmed their intent to continue to publish false and slanderous statements about . . . .

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg