The Philo Sofee caricature & graphics MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: My Lou Midgley Caricature

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Philo:

This portrait of Midgley is magnificent. The details really are terrific: the arrogantly raised pinky finger; the insouciant slouching into the chair (I guess that's the preferred sort of high-end office chair that the senior Mopologists prefer? Do they compare chair types, Patrick Bateman-style?); the funereal pallor of his skin-tone; and the abject derision of his mien. His gaze is as icy and soulless as a chicken's; and, of course, that ear: ears that big can only be for one thing: eavesdropping and spying on people.

In short, Philo: I think you have absolutely captured the essence of the "Emperor" of classic-FARMS.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: My Lou Midgley Caricature

Post by _grindael »

OK... I have been rightly inspired (by the great Sofee) to doodle this... I know it's weird I used a red pencil for the initial sketch...

Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: The Philo Sofee caricature & graphics MEGATHREAD

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Excellent work Grindael......I can see Midge all over this one even with the red pencil!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: The Philo Sofee caricature & graphics MEGATHREAD

Post by _grindael »

A Smokey caricature...

He's such a deep thinker...
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Russell Nelson Can Help With the Corona Virus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Russell Nelson Can Help With the Corona Virus

Post by _sunstoned »

They have no power. They are a bunch of impotent old men who ascended to their positions through bloodlines and back room business deals. They are like whited sepulchers, beautiful on the outside, but inward are filled with all uncleanness.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Why General Conference Attendance s Cancelled

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr CamNC4Me
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Why General Conference Attendance s Cancelled

Post by _sunstoned »

In other words we have no clue on what is going on and we have no power to do anything about it.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Russell Nelson Can Help With the Corona Virus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

erm......... about that claim of beautiful on the outside....

Dr CamNC4Me