So-called doctrines, 1958

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

So-called doctrines, 1958

Post by _Holy Ghost »

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: So-called doctrines, 1958

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I couldn't even watch him while I was Mormon, I am not about to try now...... :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

He sure was full of himself.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

sunstoned wrote:He sure was full of himself.

He's totally obsolete and nobody gives a rat's ass about McConkie any more than they do Polygamist President John Taylor who was thrown under the bus by scaredy-cat Woodruff.

McConkie was a loser. He probably drank coffee on the sly and nipped vodka when nobody was looking. The man was a lost cause. His books don't sell. The church has long since dumped him. Nobody cares about that pompous son of a bitch.

RIP, Bruce baby. You fool.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

You know those really old people in your ward that believe crazy things, like playing cards is evil, and you always wondered where they got their crazy ideas from? Turns out they got them from church.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_2bizE
_Emeritus

Post by _2bizE »

As a young TBM kid, I thought McKonkie was an assclown
~ 2BizE