Church gives excommunication a new name.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Re: Church gives excommunication a new name.

Post by _Dr Moore »

I wonder what William Law would say about all of this ...
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

ELDER BOYD KKK PACKER Conference April 1979 wrote: If a leader does conduct himself unworthily, his actions fly against everything the Church stands for, and he is subject to release.

It has even been our sad responsibility, on some few occasions, to excommunicate leaders from the Church who have been guilty of very serious illegal or immoral conduct.

That should increase, not shake, your faith in the Church, or of a nonmember toward it.

Here we have an apostle telling the Church that to "excommunicate leaders" who apostatize should INCREASE one's faith in the church!

I'm not making this crap up. KKK Nazi Packer said it! But now, President NelSatan throws Packer under the bus and has lost the faith.

:lol:

NelSatan!

Satan, Satan, Satan!!!

Victory!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Folks, the Church Handbook and the excuses being told are throwing the past leaders, all of them, under the bus.

Elder Theodore M. Burton General Conference in April of 1983 wrote:I would like to confine my remarks today to the principle of forgiveness as it applies to a person who has been disfellowshipped or excommunicated. . . . The most loving action the Church can take at times is to disfellowship or excommunicate a person. This statement may seem incongruous to someone who does not understand the true nature of repentance and forgiveness.

Shame on today's Mormon Handbook for shying away from the words disfellowshipped and excommunicated! The Mormon Handbook is incongruous to the last 190 years of church history and practice. Thus we see that President NelSatan (right arm of the devil) has thrown the whole church under the bus! NelSatan is in apostasy! But wait! It won't be long before the church throws him under the bus.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm NOT making this crap up. President Tanner gave these instruction in Conference prior to President Kimball giving his own address.

Is this not a cult?

PRESIDENT N. ELDON TANNER Conference October 1972 wrote:Remember that Satan is on the loose and his cohorts are striving with all their might to lead these young men and women astray. Always be prepared to encourage, guide, and help direct these young people to live according to the principles of the gospel. Be determined that no boy or girl is going to be lost because of your neglect.

Now, regarding the transgressor: Every mission president, stake president, and bishop is directed and instructed how to investigate and handle all cases of transgression. . . . Be aware of those who are not active in the Church, and if you feel that something is wrong or that someone is guilty of transgression, it is your responsibility to go to him with love and find out about it. . . . It has been reported to me that some bishops and even stake presidents have said that they never have excommunicated or disciplined anyone and that they do not intend to. This attitude is entirely wrong. . . .

Brethren, study the scriptures and the handbook and do as they direct and discipline the members of the Church when necessary.

Study the handbook? What about the one President NelSatan just bastardized? Satan delights in the new church handbook?

Way to go, NelSatan! The devil loves you.

:twisted:

Stupid damned Mormons
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Kishkumen wrote:
Weak sauce from the LDS Church.

"All we have to do is engage in some PR-savvy renaming of the same old thing!"

Repetition of history. It reminds me of when a for-profit book became a symbol of a religion and an author became a translator.
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Use of the words "excommunication" and "disfellowshipment" when referring to church disciplinary actions are now victories for Satan.

Please govern yourselves accordingly.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Weird Alma needs to do a Bon Jovi parody of this.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

I have a question wrote:Calling a pig by another name doesn’t change its nature.

It really is that simple, isn't it.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Shulem wrote:It seems that Mormons today are ashamed of terminology that describes their practice and policy for the past 190 years. Mormons today are ashamed of being called Mormons!

Crow ain't tasty but it is edible.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015