Church Admits Hiding $100B so Members Pay More Tithing

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Church Admits Hiding $100B so Members Pay More Tithing

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Hinckley, Monson and Nelson are doing something akin to the reverse.

These men are gangters -- evil and despicable in nature. Liars, cheats, and frauds.

NelSatan has a target on his back. He better watch out. He better have armed guards and go about behind bullet proof glass because there are bound to be people out there that are so pissed off they will go after that little bastard in revenge.

Mormon leaders have had the luxury of running about freely while they fleece their members and cheat the world. But this may come to an end and the leaders of the church may find themselves in dangerous circumstances because there are angry people out there that might chose to enact revenge.

All it takes is one whacked out nut to get the whole thing started.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I have a question wrote:Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Hinckley, Monson and Nelson are doing something akin to the reverse.

They're stealing from everyone and keeping locked up the coffers.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Post by _reflexzero »

Average members won’t bat an eye. They’ve been conditioned to adore those groomed men in crisp suits with lots of money.

Apparently god is powerless without Mammon.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Did you ever stop to think that God likes shell corporations and a huge pile of tax-free money? This proves it is all so true!!!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Kishkumen wrote:But heaven forfend that anyone should express misgivings about the Church gathering tithing and offerings only to turn around and invest this money in EPA, or a shopping mall, or thousands of acres of land in Florida.

I agree. What we have here is a classic case of brainwashing.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

reflexzero wrote:Average members won’t bat an eye. They’ve been conditioned to adore those groomed men in crisp suits with lots of money.

Apparently god is powerless without Mammon.

This type of thing always reminds me of the end of Star Trek V. What does God need with a starship?

https://youtu.be/WYW_lPlekiQ
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Kittens_and_Jesus wrote:What does God need with a starship?

Passage for a select group of members to the Kolobian Star System.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Fence Sitter wrote:Peggy Stack article in SL Trib yesterday found here.

From the article.

For members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, tithing — donating 10% of one’s income to the faith — “is more of a sense of commitment than it is the church needing the money,” Roger Clarke, head of Ensign Peak Advisors, which manages the denomination’s investing holdings, told The Wall Street Journal.
“So they never wanted to be in a position where people felt like, you know, they shouldn’t make a contribution,” Clarke said.

Okay that makes perfect sense. They are hiding all this money just for the benefit of the members. They are just expanding what information they are hiding to help members from troubling history to include troubling financial information. Well, at least they are consistent.

It strikes me that this decision (to hide the wealth hoarding of the Church so that members felt the Church still needed their money) is both dishonest (using the Church’s own definition of Honesty, see below) and runs up against the doctrinal principal of Agency. The hiding of the wealth removed Agency from members. That’s Satan’s way of doing things, or so we are told.

That lip service to the principal of Agency can also be seen in how the Church has treated it’s telling of it’s History, in what it limits telling investigators prior to baptism, in child baptism, in that first Temple commitment. Was it Hinckley that said the Church has nothing to hide? Yet the Church continually and systemically hides everything it can. Milk Before Meat = the removal of Agency.

The Church’s definition of honesty:
Lying is intentionally deceiving others.
Clarke admits the Church intentionally deceived the members into thinking the Church still needed the money.
There are many other forms of lying. When we speak untruths, we are guilty of lying. We can also intentionally deceive others by a gesture or a look, by silence, or by telling only part of the truth. Whenever we lead people in any way to believe something that is not true, we are not being honest.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... y?lang=eng
Clarke admits the Church is being dishonest, that they are deliberately lying to members.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

But since they are buddies with Jesus, the dishonesty actually is honest. I mean the word Jesus does that for them ya know.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

uh oh

-Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.