Congrats to Exiled

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Congrats to Exiled

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

I salute you, Dr. Exiled, for your academic and professional achievements! It's disappointing that the folks at "SeN" are so intimidated by a person with your credentials. I notice that Dr. Peterson claims that the quality of conversation has "declined" since the arrival of all these professors and PhDs. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about his respect for expertise.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Doctor Scratch wrote:I salute you, Dr. Exiled, for your academic and professional achievements! It's disappointing that the folks at "SeN" are so intimidated by a person with your credentials. I notice that Dr. Peterson claims that the quality of conversation has "declined" since the arrival of all these professors and PhDs. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about his respect for expertise.

Thank you for your kind comments. Your observations and history with the science of mopologetics are why this board is what it is. I think Lemmie and Everybody Wang Chung make some valid points, too. Just pull the plug and return to cheerleading already if that is what is wanted. However, Dr. Peterson needs a "devil" to rail against. He loves playing victim while attacking and he reads this board frequently. He posts in response to what is said here. So, I don't really think he wants no exchange at all.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr Exiled wrote:No, he is relatively new over at Sic et Non, right?

Artie Tate left a rather apologetic reply to a post I made on the Water Witching thread.

Moksha • a day ago
People might joke about the Brigham Young University Department of Alchemy until they have need of a love potion or want their goose turned into a house cat. Then it's all like, "Can you do this favor for me Master Alchemist? I can pay you in newt rations from the Cougareat." Fortunately, things frequently work out with sufficient barter and stupor of thought.

Artie Tate Moksha • 8 hours ago • edited
How’s the Hindu enlightenment working out for you? Gosh I wish I grow up to be so rational and full of reason. And have you come out as anti yet or are you too much of a coward lacking integrity — instead spending his time secretly vomiting snark on a blog but still pay tithing to keep up appearances like some others claim here?

And Dan, why hasn’t this one been banned already? There is nothing ever substantive in anything he says, only mean-spirited mockery and derision. In fact, is merely a troll where you and the Church occupy his poor mind rent-free. Mocksha.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Lemmie wrote:
Peterson was quite rude to Stem here, and inappropriately dismissive of Dr. Exiled, but beyond that, I think it is definitely within Peterson's rights to ban commenters he doesn't want on his board.

Why doesn't he just do it?

Honestly I think something's really bothering him lately--and it's not just us. Funny thing here is he did ask me. He keeps doing this though. He says something, I respond then he comes back with something about he didn't really say that or anything like it. I don't think his memories fading, but I do think he's particularly snippy and upset about something.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:I salute you, Dr. Exiled, for your academic and professional achievements! It's disappointing that the folks at "SeN" are so intimidated by a person with your credentials. I notice that Dr. Peterson claims that the quality of conversation has "declined" since the arrival of all these professors and PhDs. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about his respect for expertise.

Thank you for your kind comments. Your observations and history with the science of mopologetics are why this board is what it is. I think Lemmie and Everybody Wang Chung make some valid points, too. Just pull the plug and return to cheerleading already if that is what is wanted. However, Dr. Peterson needs a "devil" to rail against. He loves playing victim while attacking and he reads this board frequently. He posts in response to what is said here. So, I don't really think he wants no exchange at all.

Nobody would read much of what he has to say without some actual intelligent analysis which non-Mormons provide. Everyone is tired to death of testimony meeting, lets get some meat in the Gospel. THIS is where we come in. We show there is no meat there, it is all milk, and that gets people's attention. Without this board, Peterson's would wither.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."