New RFM Podcast--Mormon Racism Revival

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: New RFM Podcast--Mormon Racism Revival

Post by _Shulem »

Dear consiglieri,

I feel impressed to share part of the closing remarks made by a President of the Church in General Conference. I'm sure everyone there felt the Spirit!

April 1905 General Conference
Joseph F Smith
President of the Church wrote:

I don't like to bow and pay deference to a nasty old stinking tobacco pipe. I think that is more condescending by far than to bow to a courteous gentlemanly man who is unfortunate enough to be colored with a black skin.

Oh how unfortunate it is to be covered with black skin! To be a 'darkie' is most unfortunate! Listen and heed the words of a prophet!

:surprised:
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

If the correlation committee was smart they would leave off quoting past leaders when referencing the Priesthood ban. They were all deeply racist. Even in the revised online manual, the one they want to go forward with, they had to hack and paste together with ellipses the JFS quote to kinda sorta get something that marginally palatable. But it is just a Frankenstein quote, make up of disjointed pieces of sentences. Look at the original, and is it clear that JFS was a racist who believed that dark skin was the curse.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The voice of the Spirit made himself abundantly clear in General Conference in the presence of apostles and apostles who sustained the testimony and stood by the doctrines and teachings:

April 1915 General Conference
ELDER MELVIN J. BALLARD.
(President of Northwestern States Mission.) wrote:

We know, from the doctrines that we have received, that men and women have existed before coming into this life, for countless ages, and that we have been developing certain qualities, and the reason we are separated into great classes, as the Negro race and the other races on the earth, is not a matter of caprice. God did not take three beautiful children yesterday morning, and say to one, You go to the Negro woman, and to another one, You go to that Chinese mother, and to another, You go down to that beautiful Christian home. In my opinion, there were classes and races, and separation into different groups and conditions before we came to this world, and all are getting what they are entitled to receive here.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Full text of "Mormonism And The Negro"

Copyright, I960, by John J. Stewart

_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Just finished podcast. Wonderful..Full of incite and dug deep into many angles. The three of you together was a real treat. You know what though?? After all is said and done, it is sad that we are even having these conversations in 2020. Thank you for bringing a real understanding of looking for truth. I had a lamanite sister...who my father said was getting whiter everyday. I had a cousin who married a negro and it turned a family upside down...inside out..and ya know..this man was so kind and wonderful.

Time...seems like the church will take maybe one step forward..but time...they take three steps back. Once the Book of Mormon is in the tank...and it will be, that foundation will break in a million pieces.