John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _moksha »

I have a question wrote:I feel like I've just read a David Lynch screenplay...

Do you mean D a v i d L y n c h?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

I saw that you have now linked your recent PR “2019 Open Stories Foundation Donor Update” blogpost from your official financial reports page. You call it the “2018” update on the finances page so as, I assume, to not draw attention to the fact that the previous report was from 2017.

I hope this decision to link the 2019 PR statement with the actual financial statements does not indicate that you’ll be foregoing the actual accountant-prepared report for 2018. Temporary solution perhaps? I did recommend linking your PR post so as to reduce confusion, but I didn’t intend to imply that linking it would replace the need to actually have an accountant’s involvement.

I saw in the accountants’ 2017 report that payroll related expenses were about $215,000 while you were paying a couple employees.

Waiting....
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Rosebud wrote:I saw in the accountants’ 2017 report that payroll related expenses were about $215,000 while you were paying a couple employees.

Waiting....

What the hell are you talking about?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:....I hope this decision to link the 2019 PR statement with the actual financial statements does not indicate that you’ll be foregoing the actual accountant-prepared report for 2018. Temporary solution perhaps?

:rolleyes:
Second sentence under the finance tab:
.... Our 2018 990 has been filed with the IRS....

Rosebud wrote:I saw in the accountants’ 2017 report that payroll related expenses were about $215,000 while you were paying a couple employees.

Waiting....

For what? Next page reads:
Payroll related expenses: Payroll related expenses include the salaries, bonuses, and related benefits and payroll taxes for the Foundation’s 2 full time employees and 2 part-time employees.

What don’t you understand?
Rosebud wrote:... I did recommend linking your PR post so as to reduce confusion, but I didn’t intend to imply that linking it would replace the need to actually have an accountant’s involvement.
this is getting delusional.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Getting?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:Getting?

The situation has probably been delusional long before it arrived here on MDB.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

I don't get why y'all think he's that powerful. Influential, yes. But his power is borrowed from the facts that the people he's representing are in trauma and that much of what he says about the church is true.

I wish I were delusional. That'd be a relief. I could make it all go away by closing my eyes and waking up. Does anyone have a pill I can take ;) ?

December 16th, 2019. No 2018 990 on public record. No financial statement prepared by an accountant.

Former employees who signed NDAs still silent.....

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprof ... s/27202679
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

:eek:
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Kishkumen wrote::eek:

It took you 8 minutes to respond to me. Do you get notifications when I post or something? Why follow me around to protect John from my “intimidation” if I’m delusional and my words have no merit? If you were sure that were the case, it seems that pity would be a more appropriate response.

But pity is not your response.

Thread about the lawsuit

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I was here looking for more posts from Mercury. Don’t flatter yourself.