Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

Post by _Shulem »

***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***

I decided to assemble and craft this work and release it online now as Part I!

Enjoy. If you like it, then by all means share it with others!

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

You won't be disappointed, enjoy!

Just to let you all know you'll be hearing a lot less from me for the time being. I'm going to happily continue to enjoy having cocktails and enjoy drinking without Dr Shades having to remind me that I can't drink and post at the same time and must be alcohol free for 24 hours. So, I'd rather drink and have fun doing my own thing. Life is too short and having to abide by Shade's rule is too boring for me.

It may interest you to know that I just began a new project on the Book of Abraham that I promise will make waves when I release it. You can be sure that apologists are not going to like what I'm going to ram down their throats. It's going to be really, really, good. I'm going to use all my talents and skills in cherry picking and producing an original masterpiece in showcasing the Book of Abraham fraud from a fresh point of view that will rock the church.

Trust Shulem to get the job done! Book of Abraham apologists are now on notice. I don't have a timeline in when this will be complete. It could take months or maybe a year. I don't know. The church is about to shift gears and embrace the Catalyst Theory as it tries to persuade members to disregard reason and logic. I foresaw this many years ago when I embraced the Catalyst Theory as an apologist but while doing so realized it was fatally flawed as I had formulated in my mind that it was a work of fraud.

Anyway, cheers everyone. Enjoy a drink and toast!

:smile:
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham

Post by _candygal »

Just wanting you to know that I am having the most delicious margarita...still sane even... :razz:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Too bad Shades could not offer an on-line breathalyzer to assist with posting continuance.

Best wishes on your new book. :smile:
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Cheers, Shulem.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I'm sure your book will be an instant classic.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Mormon Think
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon Think »

Can't wait Shulem. Have a drink on me.

Bill
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:Just to let you all know you'll be hearing a lot less from me for the time being. I'm going to happily continue to enjoy having cocktails and enjoy drinking without Dr Shades having to remind me that I can't drink and post at the same time and must be alcohol free for 24 hours. So, I'd rather drink and have fun doing my own thing. Life is too short and having to abide by Shade's rule is too boring for me.

It may interest you to know that I just began a new project on the Book of Abraham that I promise will make waves when I release it. You can be sure that apologists are not going to like what I'm going to ram down their throats. It's going to be really, really, good. I'm going to use all my talents and skills in cherry picking and producing an original masterpiece in showcasing the Book of Abraham fraud from a fresh point of view that will rock the church.

Trust Shulem to get the job done! Book of Abraham apologists are now on notice. I don't have a timeline in when this will be complete. It could take months or maybe a year. I don't know. The church is about to shift gears and embrace the Catalyst Theory as it tries to persuade members to disregard reason and logic. I foresaw this many years ago when I embraced the Catalyst Theory as an apologist but while doing so realized it was fatally flawed as I had formulated in my mind that it was a work of fraud.

Anyway, cheers everyone. Enjoy a drink and toast!

:smile:

Had a toast for you last night! Looking forward to your next venture, but please don’t leave us totally out of the loop. I don’t want to offend our dear chief moderator, but I have yet to see a rule stating conditions on doing your own thing! (Much love to Dr. Shades. :wink: )

Anyway, dear friend, cheers to you, also!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes and toasting me in writing my new paper, "Here Comes the Book of Abraham" which I believe will seriously damage Mormonism today. There are a number of wonderful contributions out there to include the CES Letter, Mormon Think, and many others who have written on this subject.

I feel compelled to say that this new effort I am making will really turn some heads and injure many a testimony. I intend to knock it out of the park and put an end to Book of Abraham apologetics!

With that said, by my own permission, I thought it nice to release a little tidbit in chipping away at Joseph Smith's fantastic claims. I hope you enjoy it and come away with a new perspective having seen things from a different angle. That is the intention of my new article or presentation -- to take the heart of the matter where it hasn't gone before and make it harder if not impossible to believe Joseph Smith.

Shulem wrote:So, when Joseph Smith pointed at characters on papyrus and claimed there was a signature of Abraham thereon, one was left to leave it to the stretch of their imagination. Take for instance Smith’s interpretation of the Egyptian libation stand (topped with a lotus and water jar) in Facsimile No. 3, Fig. 3, where he explains in his news publication: “Signifies Abraham, in Egypt; as given in the 9th No. of the Times & Seasons.” Smith is claiming that both libation stands signify Abraham in Egypt. But take into consideration the text of chapter 1:8-20 and discover the libation stands are actually located in two different geographical locations: The first (Facsimile No. 1, Fig 10) is in the land of Chaldea and the second (Facsimile No. 3 Fig. 3) is at Pharaoh’s court in Egypt. It should be pointed out, however, that Abraham hadn’t been to Egypt prior to his encounter with Pharaoh’s priest in the land of Chaldea! How can the libation stand in Chaldea signify Abraham in Egypt when according to the story he hadn’t yet gone to Egypt? Confused? But wait, there’s more!

Perhaps unknown to Joseph Smith, there are two libation stands depicted in Facsimile No. 2, Fig. 2 & 3 that are set before the feet of the gods of Egypt. Smith’s official Explanations of Facsimile No. 2 say nothing about the libation stands that are supposedly a symbol or representation of Abraham in Egypt. Interesting to note that these libations stands are not anywhere near Egypt, not even on earth! According to Smith, the first is near the star Kolob and the other is at God’s throne in heaven.

So, you see, when it comes to Smith’s explanations, anything goes! Just use your imagination and pretend there is a signature or autograph written by Abraham’s own hand upon papyrus.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Dear Shulem, writing a book is a heroic undertaking, whatever your personal motives. I wish you success in articulating the many learnings from your long fought search.

If I might humbly offer a suggestion. Holding an aim to damage Mormonism per se may repel, like two magnetic north poles, the very audience to which your unique depth has the most to offer.

Ground is fertile for endeavors seeking to make complex ideas and discoveries more easy to consume, particularly so for confused truth seekers coming from a Mormon background.

My search, for one, was triggered by reading the gospel topic essays. As such, I first studied sources offering a semblance of balance and neutrality.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Shulem, in vino veritas! Your new opus will be wonderful. I can't wait to see it.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.