Seer Stones, of course

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Seer Stones, of course

Post by _Maksutov »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1esI8c ... -qnHJN3UdI

From the YouTube synopsis:

God often uses ordinary objects to accomplish extraordinary tasks, even miracles! In the Bible, Moses used a big stick to part the Red Sea, and Jesus Christ used mud to restore a blind man’s sight. The power to part the Red Sea or give sight to the blind didn’t come from the stick or from the mud; the power came from God.

The power of God was similarly demonstrated with Joseph Smith, who used “seer stones”—stones believed to transmit revelation. The belief in seer stones was common in the culture of 19th-century Europe and early America, and God enabled Joseph to begin translating ancient records by such means. These records, written in reformed Egyptian, formed a book of scripture known today as the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Witnesses to the translation process reported that as Joseph looked at the stones, he could see the translation, which he then dictated to his scribe. As his abilities matured, Joseph no longer needed the aid of the stones to receive revelation for the translation process.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Seer Stones, of course

Post by _Shulem »

The Mormons are spreading the message of their diseased CULT. Seer stones are just another means to an end for which the CULT does its business -- spread lies, fabricate stories, and claim silly miracles.

Hey, what's the king's name written in the writing of Facsimile No. 3?

Stupid damned Mormons.

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

It was pretty gutsy of the Church to produce such a video about the usage of seer stones. It will be enough to satisfy both TBMs and the most credulous of potential converts. For all those gentiles, it will serve as laugh producing example of what ninny-heads those Mormons are in believing such stuff. The gentile's laughter will not phase the true believers because they know that God does indeed use righteous rocks to pass along messages to his prophets, for they saw it in a Church video.

Bit of a shame the producers did not talk about how Joseph used his seer stone before his translating. It was interesting how they framed the stone as being a training vehicle for Joseph's future prophecies. Made me think about giving future apostle candidates a stone in their interview and showing the Brethren what they could do with it. Hopefully, none of them would try to throw it.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Bumping. Read the comments on the Youtube.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I can easily imagine Joseph Smith putting these babies on and then hyperventilating -- then choking his neck to cut off blood flow to get high in order to maximize his peep stone experience when imagining naked ladies dancing before him.

Folks. I completely get what dirty Joe was doing. He was looking at naked ladies! It's always about naked ladies when it comes to Joe and how he can score a new poke.

Dirty, nasty, Joe!

:lol:

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Thus saith the Creepy Spirit to my servant, Joe. Use the stone for all your greedy needs. Fulfill all your desires -- thou art Dirty Joe! The money and girls are for you to use how you like.

Dirty Joe wants your wife! Dirty Joe wants your daughter!
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

Ok, if you buy into the idea of a god using ordinary objects to accomplish extraordinary task, with Moses and his big stick (insert giggle) and Jesus and mud, then I can see how Smith's stone follows.

But I don't see how this follows: As his abilities matured, Joseph no longer needed the aid of the stones to receive revelation for the translation process.

Moses and Jesus didn't have sufficiently matured abilities? More likely, Smith used what he thought he needed in order to fool others. Some initially bought the stone bs because it was apparently common in the culture. When Smith had sufficiently hoodwinked them long enough, he no longer needed the stones and let the bs flow straight from his mouth.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

toon wrote:But I don't see how this follows: As his abilities matured, Joseph no longer needed the aid of the stones to receive revelation for the translation process.

The church today is talking out of their ass. When did JOSEPH SMITH ever say that he no longer needed the aid of stones to aid in his revelations? This sounds like something the church today is making up in order to produce a story to explain things away.

toon wrote:When Smith had sufficiently hoodwinked them long enough, he no longer needed the stones and let the bs flow straight from his mouth.

Like the garbage that came out of his mouth when he published the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3. Utter garbage. Utter BS. The Mormon church is nothing but a garbage truck that is hauling garbage.

Stupid damned Mormons.

:twisted:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

toon wrote:But I don't see how this follows: As his abilities matured, Joseph no longer needed the aid of the stones to receive revelation for the translation process.

How can today's leaders even begin to speculate or talk about Joseph's so-called abilities? What do today's prophets know about any of those things? They don't prophesy. They don't receive new scriptures or add to the D&C. They can't translate unknown languages, heck, even dodo Holland says he can't read Egyptian. Those guys are not seers in the same sense as practiced by Joseph Smith who claimed to see the future and prophesied of it. Today's leaders are only prophets in name only. They can't do anything let alone tell us what Joseph Smith was doing and how.

Bring Russell NelSatan before me, Shulem, that I may rebuke him and lift my arm to the square and curse him. Then we will see who has power and who doesn't. I will do it before the entire church, on TV, at General Conference.

Stupid damned Mormons.

:evil:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.