Best online posts / debates in LDS apologetics?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Stocks
_Emeritus

Best online posts / debates in LDS apologetics?

Post by _Stocks »

What are your all time favorite online posts or debates in the history of LDS apologetics?
… the only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong. -- Edwin Lefevre
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Best online posts / debates in LDS apologetics?

Post by _honorentheos »

Hi Stock,

M#9 asked a similar question recently, here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51776

But your question including single posts is intriguing. Some of the threads I think back on fondly probably wouldn't be on anyone elses list. And I think many of my favorite posts wouldn't even be recalled by others. I suppose the threads pinned by Shades are good starting places, though.

I'd be curious what posts or threads others are proud of most? Or recall the most fondly? If asked, and being a bit of a dork, I'm most fond of some very unsubstantial posts. For example, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37174&view=next

Or

viewtopic.php?p=1055212#p1055212
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

honorentheos wrote:I'd be curious what posts or threads others are proud of most? Or recall the most fondly?

The ones I recall most fondly are the fictional series by Bob Bobberson starting with this one:
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34500

While not a point by point confrontation with apologetics, I found the stories most enlightening. I would highly recommend the first story, The Annals of the Turley J. Hinton Institute to all who have not read it yet.

The point by point confrontational stories I remember most vividly have been ones started by Dr. Scratch.

I got a big kick out of this apologetic definitions thread by Symmachus from 2016:
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40445
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Stocks
_Emeritus

Post by _Stocks »

Ok stop. I have weeks of reading already!
… the only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong. -- Edwin Lefevre