Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Lemmie »

I agree, let Midgley and kiwi57 continue to post as they do:

Louis Midgley > B. Wilson • 16 hours ago • edited

Except for BAUT, of course. He seems to have positioned himself among the few truly Enlightened Ones.

--
Brad Anderson, UT > Louis Midgley • 9 hours ago

Hi Louis,

Please drop the personal attacks.

--
Louis Midgley > Brad Anderson, UT • 4 hours ago

BAUT should lighten up. I was giving him either the kind of credit he really deserves or perhaps what he may imagine he deserves.

--
Brad Anderson, UT > Louis Midgley • 3 hours ago

Louis,

Please drop the personal attacks.

--
Kiwi57 > Brad Anderson, UT • 5 hours ago

What personal attacks? Is "truly Enlightened" a personal attack?

--
Louis Midgley > Kiwi57 • 4 hours ago

It is not an insult or a so-called "personal attack."

Really? Midgley was complimenting Brad? Midgley's attacks and harassment do seem to violate pathos TOS, but Peterson is the one responsible for patrolling that. Midgley's childishness reflects badly on him, alone.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

It would be unwise to get Dr. Midgley, Dr. Peterson, or Pahoran too riled up. Just the simple and indirect reminder from Stocks posting on this forum might be sufficient reason for Dr. Midgley to be gentler with his responses. Sort of like seeing a patrol car with a non-pure and delightsome police officer outside of the Tanner Bookstore entrance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

moksha wrote:It would be unwise to get Dr. Midgley, Dr. Peterson, or Pahoran too riled up...

I'm new to mopologetics, so forgive me for not knowing, but why? What are you afraid they will do?
_Stocks
_Emeritus

Post by _Stocks »

I have too much work travel to bother with this further.

However I do hope the reminder serves its purpose.
… the only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong. -- Edwin Lefevre
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
moksha wrote:It would be unwise to get Dr. Midgley, Dr. Peterson, or Pahoran too riled up...

I'm new to mopologetics, so forgive me for not knowing, but why? What are you afraid they will do?

Sometimes people engaged in what they consider to be a sacred cause can take things a bit too far. If you read Dr. Midgley's review of Grant Palmer's book you know that Dr. Midgley is skilled in espionage and counterintelligence. He took the fight directly to Brother Palmer's friends, clergy, associates, former students and employers in an effort to dig up dirt and poison the well. It was a very unusual and chilling method of book reviewing, but it was fueled by a desire to further what Dr. Midgley believed to be a sacred cause. If age indeed has removed restraints, no one would benefit from a repeat performance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:

moksha wrote:Sometimes people engaged in what they consider to be a sacred cause can take things a bit too far. If you read Dr. Midgley's review of Grant Palmer's book you know that Dr. Midgley is skilled in espionage and counterintelligence. He took the fight directly to Brother Palmer's friends, clergy, associates, former students and employers in an effort to dig up dirt and poison the well. It was a very unusual and chilling method of book reviewing, but it was fueled by a desire to further what Dr. Midgley believed to be a sacred cause. If age indeed has removed restraints, no one would benefit from a repeat performance.

Well that's just scary. What is wrong with these people?
_Stocks
_Emeritus

Post by _Stocks »

… the only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong. -- Edwin Lefevre
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

We must remember, that theologically, Midgley is Elohim Jr. So he is practicing and prepping up for when he too sees all and knows all. He figures if God watches everyone and knows everything he may as well get an early start on Godhood......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hi Philo Sofee,

What was Dr. Midgley like on the old l-skinny listserv?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

The Jonathan Neville blog that DCP is currently upset about describes M2C mopologists in a way that seems to fit Midgley to a T:
I’ve noticed some very strange characteristics of M2C intellectuals. I don’t mean to generalize, but in most cases, the M2C intellectuals are hyper-defensive. They view debates about facts and logic as if they were personal. They have a strong “us vs. them” mentality, sort of a siege mentality, as if it is them against the world. They get angry a lot.

From my perspective, those are all characteristics of uncertainty and insecurity.

http://www.moronisamerica.com/dan-bmc-a ... cholars-2/

"They get angry a lot." :lol:

(Thanks to SeN staff for leading to this link. It has some interesting things to say about the witnesses movie the Interpreter is in the process of making.)