What Is The Consensus On "The Witnesses" Film?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Thoughts On "The Witnesses" Movie.

Poll ended at Mon May 06, 2019 2:22 am

Total votes: 0

_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: What Is The Consensus On "The Witnesses" Film?

Post by _huckelberry »

moksha wrote:This documentary stands a chance of becoming the main attraction at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

Rave Reviews

"We were called upon by one of the Brethren to produce this marvelous work."
-- Professor Louis Midgley

"Dan has really outdone himself this time."
-- William Hamblin

"If asked, I will write a scathing article against any who dare criticize this work."
-- Dr. Greg Smith

"You can't prove that this isn't a good video."
--Scott Lloyd

I do not know anything about this film. I very much doubt that any circumstances will arise which will involve me in seeing it.

Even so Moksha's presentation of reviews is marvelously clear and humorous
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I’m wondering if Scott Lloyd will start a couple of countdown clocks to time which of DCP’s commitments see the light of day first - the two books he promised, or Witnesses.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

solid 9
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

It'll never get finished and some controversy/reasons will be provided as to why this "magnificent" project wasn't completed.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Honestly- who has done the best work so far on whether the witnesses are credible and the scenarios in which they encounter the plates realistic and actually took place? Dan Vogel perhaps?

k