Easter is upon us - what is the real resurrection story?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Easter is upon us - what is the real resurrection stor

Post by _moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Resurrection .... does it matter?

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Screw Jesus and his Father's big prick.

Poor little Mary. It must have hurt.

_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!

Being faithful to what i personally believe!

k
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

All Hail Google GOD.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

I don’t accept all of the Bible - I think the Catholic church (councils etc) warped a lot to suit their agendas - to make spirituality more about the church and outward nonsense than what it really is. There’s no money in the axiomatic truth Christ taught- that “the kingdom of God is within you.” They warped it into human sacrifice scapegoating - evil disguised as good.

I believe in Christ - but not Catholicism’s adopted version. And I believe in life after death - but that doesn’t require human sacrifice scapegoating. For Easter, I focus on symbolism of spring - being born again & again... spiritually (or psychologically: positive disintegration).
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

"April is the cruelest month."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Amore wrote:I don’t accept all of the Bible - I think the Catholic church (councils etc) warped a lot to suit their agendas - to make spirituality more about the church and outward nonsense than what it really is. There’s no money in the axiomatic truth Christ taught- that “the kingdom of God is within you.” They warped it into human sacrifice scapegoating - evil disguised as good.

I think the original authors of the scripture were inventing stories and sharing their own opinions and literary ideas. It didn't have to wait until hundreds of years later to be warped, it is warped right from the get go. There is no such thing as purity of "original" scripture. Original scripture iteslf is problematic. It wasn't later people and events that warped and changed scripture, it was never originally true in the first place. THAT is the truth later churches have covered up and fooled with world about.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Philo Sofee wrote:I think the original authors of the scripture were inventing stories and sharing their own opinions and literary ideas. It didn't have to wait until hundreds of years later to be warped, it is warped right from the get go. There is no such thing as purity of "original" scripture. Original scripture iteslf is problematic. It wasn't later people and events that warped and changed scripture, it was never originally true in the first place. THAT is the truth later churches have covered up and fooled with world about.

Who really knows?
The 1st Christians were thought to be Gnostics and saw Christ as a spirit - never a man. But maybe some authors of the 4 gospels (and the others the Catholic church discarded) drew on metaphors and parables, to try to convey spiritual truths. How do you tell of spiritual truths? Maybe by stories. If you approach the Bible as not so much literal as attempts to tell of spiritual (or universally personal) truths, I think it’s healthier.

Scripture are given a much higher - deified - status than they’re due. They may have spiritual truth, and have shaped society historically more than any other books, but I wish more would realize the authors, editors, etc had their own flaws.